Reviews for The Writing on the Wall
Hell-on-Training-Wheels chapter 1 . 11/6/2016
Apologies for taking so long to review this and thank you for the shout out in the beginning.

I know that this is a Halloween fic - and it really is - I come to realize that you have done something that is truly commendable, that not a lot of Halloween fics are able to do. Simply, you can read this fic no matter what time of the year it is, whatever holiday you are closest to, and it still works so very well. There are only some works that are around a certain holiday that I can look at during that time of year, but I will find myself coming back to this fic no matter what. That is hard thing to pull off, and the reason you have done it, it is on top of being a great Overwatch Halloween fic, you have made a marvelous fic just in general.

Moving on to the wonderful story, I really love how you capture Jesse in his youth. I'm actually a secret admirer of McMercy, so when I read that you were putting those two as a couple, I was ecstatic to read what you would come up with. McCree is the lovable scoundrel, although he had every right to feel guilty about worrying poor Ana with his charade, and Mercy is well written and endearing in her youth as well. I really enjoyed their scene together in the basement. -

What I also enjoyed immensely, was the foreshadowing with Reyes and Ziegler's future. Even if he was joking, he oozed every bit of his dark future counterpart through the masquerade and it was haunting to read. A real Ghost-of-Christmas-Yet-To-Come for Mercy (I wonder if they will make that a Christmas skin?) As well as the nods to what happens later in the game, I do love the nods to the Halloween event, and I'm glad that Jesse got what was coming (even if I'm sorta salty that Gabe ruined it by cock-blocking him :P) and Reyes still got to have his Halloween fun as well.

Awesome job! Wonderful read! :D
Kingston Ryan chapter 1 . 11/3/2016
There are not enough words in the world to describe how fantastic this story is. I'm quite literally speechless, completely at a loss. You are wonderful.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
We need more McMercy, it's my OTP but never seen anywhere.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/31/2016