Reviews for The Salvation of Susan
Can you publish this we need you ️
Guest chapter 8 . 11/13/2019
Very good. The best. I had your work on my list of things to read on FB, but they blocked my account. Your story haunted me, so I looked until I found it. Ah. Now I feel better. Thanks.
EllaAnnieGrace chapter 1 . 1/18/2018
My favourite line is "But the Gentle Queen was unforgiving"
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 8 . 12/14/2017
This chapter is perfect! I love the descriptions, and the realisation that this, at last, is real and Susan will never have to leave. It is beautiful, and breathtaking, and awe inspiring. Such a beautiful ending to a beautiful story, and I am only sad I have finished it and there is no more to read.
Thank you so much for writing and sharing this! I will be returning to this story many, many times, of that I am certain.
Cheers,
A
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 7 . 12/14/2017
And I'm crying into my tea...again. But this time it's because I'm so very happy! This is a beautiful chapter! Everything I could have wished for as a resolution to Susan's lonely, wandering path. Simply beautiful!
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 6 . 12/14/2017
Peter wanting to have gone to his own funeral was hilarious! I'm with Edmund on this one though, that seems like a very strange idea of fun.
I was terribly worried when Susan wasn't home. I am so glad they managed to overhear Connie and Marlene talking and figure out where she is going, but this is getting stressful! Their time is nearly up and they haven't found her yet. I really hope they do! Susan deserves happiness just as much as the rest of them.
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 5 . 12/14/2017
Oh yes! Brilliant! I am so, so happy reading this and knowing that Susan will be given a second chance! I am sure seven days will be more than enough time, given how badly Susan misses them all and how sorry she feels for turning her back on Narnia.
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 4 . 12/14/2017
Susan remembering details about each of the ones she has lost is so wonderfully done. I love that even Eustace and Jill and included, even though she didn't know them well. How terrible for her to realise her last words had been ones of anger. Poor Susan! Given the title of the story, however, I am still hoping for a happy ending-somehow. :-)
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 3 . 12/14/2017
Oh no! Now you've done it,I'm crying into my tea. Once the sirens were heard I knew what had happened, but it was still so sad to read! The train crash always makes me incredibly sad, even though I know it ends well for everyone who died, but there is something so horribly painful about reading it from Susan's perspective. Especially since she was going to apologise, and she made Lucy's favourite dessert, and everything was going to be wonderful...Like I said, crying into my tea.
This is beautiful work!
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 2 . 12/14/2017
If the last chapter was heartbreaking this was is infinitely more sad! So beautifully touching though! Lucy always wanting to be like Susan is very believable, here I am speaking from a younger sister's personal experience. I especially liked the moment Susan remembered from Narnia when she told Lucy she should be herself because that was the best thing she could be.
The explanation of Susan's forgetting you use here...it is so similar to what I came up with in my story "Crownless"! It is very nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks about Susan after Narnia in this light.
This story is wonderful so far-is it too much to hope that there will be a happy ending where the sisters reconcile and get into Aslan's country together?
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 1 . 12/14/2017
Oh! This is heartbreaking! I think you've captured Susan's feeling so well, and Lucy's anger and sadness at 'losing' her sister is painful to read. Which is code for me saying I like this-I like this very much!
Duckscrossingtheroad chapter 8 . 8/2/2017
Aww I felt so sorry for Susan. I just found myself wanting to tell her that it's okay. That it's okay that it was easier for her to forget what happened rather than accepting what did happen, that it was okay for her to do what was easy. That it was okay for her to be childish (heck, she's what 16 here? She's still a child herself), we're all childish sometimes. That it was all okay.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/9/2017
Ok so I read the summary and I already had tears in my eyes and that's saying something cuz I never cry.
optymalna chapter 8 . 6/8/2017
I cried really hard.
MaRiA.Z.A chapter 8 . 6/7/2017
This brought a smile to my faceThe return of the QUEEN