Reviews for Percy Jackson and the world of magic
Joe Lawyer chapter 34 . 1/13
It's been an entertaining fic so far. I've always wondered why Demigods didn't make use of more magic, rather than just relying on their Godly parent's domain. Magic would grant them a much better chance for surviving to adulthood. Warding for their homes would give them a safe space and teleportation magic would give them to ability to escape situations that were too much for them to handle.

Overall, I really want this story to be a lot more edgy. Percy is a war veteran of a long, bloody, protracted civil war where he fought other demigods. That hasn't really shown up in this fic. As the months go by, a veteran like Percy is going to look at the OOTP's operations and ask what the hell they're doing and why they're so reactionary.

I think the oath angle with Pettigrew is interesting, but I read the wording of that oath closely. I really don't see how that oath means if anyone else kills Pettigrew, it kills him. I read it as more, if he's given the opportunity, with no timeline or time limit on it happening, he would kill Pettigrew by beheading him. It really walks the line of feeling like author fiat, a way to keep Percy out of canon HP events, rather than a real thing.

Whatever happened with Percy using his future knowledge to make money? It was mentioned in one early chapter and never even thought of again. Rather than investing in the twin's joke shop, he should be pumping his extra cash into leveraging that future knowledge. OR just going into the sea and finding some long lost treasure ship that sunk in the 1600s and bringing up all that gold to put in his Gringott's account.

I'm curious to see where things go, but now that Percy is older, now that there is a war on, I really would like to see a tone shift to something more serious. That cemetery scene, for example, should not have ended without at least one or two nameless death eaters being cleaved in two by riptide.
Joe Lawyer chapter 29 . 1/13
Being a curse breaker sounds like the exact opposite of a 9 to 5 job. It's breaking into old tombs, treasure, danger and excitement, which sounds like a badass Demigod quest to me. That whole argument felt off to me.

I think Percy would love that. Adventure, magic, and money. That sounds awesome for Percy.
Robbion-14 chapter 33 . 1/9
right, find this story quite fun, but i can not continue, the amount of spelling mistakes in chapter 32 and 33 just break the pase.

i do hope you go back and fix it
Joe Lawyer chapter 10 . 1/8
Thank God Hecate convinced Percy to have fun with the veela cheerleaders. Seriously, he'd be in danger of having his man card revoked for something like that.
loverofbooks14 chapter 34 . 11/25/2023
Hi. I hope you update this at some point. It's really good and I have enjoyed reading it over the last few days. I got part way through and got to Percy inventing his hover board and realised that I had already read this fic but didn't remember it. It also didn't have as many chapters I don't think. It was definitely worth the reread anyway.
ReaderWarrior chapter 2 . 11/14/2023
Cursing Percy: thumbs down. Comedic Hecate: thumbs up! I’m very conflicted

One would think Zeus had a grudge against London with all the rain we get…

So how aware is Hecate of Harry Potter and his future?
ReaderWarrior chapter 1 . 11/14/2023
Okay, love the concept and I think using Kronos to send Percy here is a great idea.
However, it feels kind of obvious that this wasn’t written by an American haha. Percy already calls elevators ‘lifts’ and immediately starts using ‘bloody’ adjectives. Also the cursing seems out of character.
But I still cannot wait to read more. I love a good ‘A drops into B’s story’ Fic.
Ant1054927 chapter 3 . 10/20/2023
what happened to the bicolour glasses? What were they for?
Krypton Writes chapter 3 . 10/19/2023
Bruh, even I forgot Percy had Curse Of Achilles. How does that not come up often?
Diana9922 chapter 34 . 10/12/2023
It's well written, I like this story.

I wonder by the time Percy returns to his time, will he look the age he was when he left or have the physique of his many years in the past? And with whom will he have a romantic relationship?

When is the sequel?
pertemis4lyfe chapter 34 . 10/12/2023
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I NEED ANOTHER CHAPTER!
DARK WRAITH 2001 chapter 34 . 10/7/2023
bro, please continue this,
abandoning such good stories is a crime you know
Crown Moon Child chapter 34 . 9/30/2023
This is a really good story! I read it from start to finish, their are some small typos here and there but overall it’s amazing!
Death the Girl 1107 chapter 34 . 9/1/2023
Ah... Next chapter probs won't come...
Death the Girl 1107 chapter 34 . 9/1/2023
I am So heavily invested in this story, been binge reading it and its Soooo good. I'm glad Percy's talking a bit about his experiences, it's informative for the kids and let's him let a bit more of himself out. It's really unhealthy that he just Hasn't dealt with any of the trauma from that war and the time travel.

But at the same time, it rubs me the wrong way that Harry rhinks they're entitled to Percy's story and his past. If he wasn't ready to confront his past like that then I feel like they would have pushed as they so often do and ended up triggering Percy Hard.

Oh, on that note, Percy has just not been showing off the probably PTSD he has. Like, not a hint of the massive amounts of trauma that comes with being a veteran at 17 and having watched so many people die and had to kill and then losing everyone he knew to time travel.

Like, obviously in the books it was one thing after another in HOO but in this, it feels a bit slower paced. Things slowed down in the months between trials for the tournament, he was heavily distracted but he wasn't in the level of danger for his nervous system to think he was still in danger.

Feel like we should have seen more evidence of him having PTSD throughout that. Especially at this point I think, cause I imagine he'd have flashbacks from remembering that time in his life since he's going to war once again. I would expect at least a mention of having Very little sleep from nightmares. Admittedly, I don't know much about PTSD and can't imagine how Percy especially would experience it but I feel like it would be Intense and Very noticeable since we're reading his POV and maybe enough for others to notice.

This situation reminds me lowkey of 'Snipers Solve 99% Of All Problems' by silentwalrus, they do a great portrayal of other veterans who have to deal with wizarding bullshit and stuff. Highly rec it if your in the FMAB (Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood) fandom too. Also, 'Holly Potter and the Midlife Crisis' by enigmaris is also great for delving deeper into the topic of PTSD and the trauma that comes with all that, it's an Avengers/MCU crossover.

Anyway, moving to a slightly adjacent topic, he took care of a Boggart? And we Didn't get to read about that?! Like, I would Love to see what it was and if it triggered him, he has enough horrific things in his life. Would have been the perfect opportunity to reveal the big bad he fought and how it was So much worse or some existential fear or any Number of things Way worse than any child should know.

On the note of Boggarts though, it would have been great for doing a little impromptu training for the golden trio too. I am So hyped for them to be learning to like Properly fight. So many wizards just stand Still and point their sticks like, Harry would do So much better if he could dodge and move around as he fought. Not to mention get close enough to attack physically, that always shocks and confuses wizards.

Anyway, I'm also very hyped for him teaching at Hogwarts, I wonder if you're still gonna slip Umbridge in to fuck with everything. Also wonder what position she'd take if that Was the case. Don't think she's qualified for anything tbh but the Ministry BS will probs kick in to let her show up anyway. I hope Percy Eviserates her!

I'm actually also super hyped for him doing the Hecate teaching method, feel like those kids age gonna learn more in his class for a year than they ever did with Snape. On that note, him being DADA professor gives bad vibes, what's gonna happen to him and why so early?

Anyway, I think that's it. Hopefully... Sorry for the Long tangents, got carried away there. Thanks for writing this though, I look forward to reading more of this work. Especially Percy's intense training for lazy wizards who most definitely Don't work out enough, I mean, what would be the need? They have magic. But damn Ron is probs So out of shape at least. Also, I Really hope the twins join in for these lessons.

On that note actually, what's happening with their joke shop? Did Percy still invest in it with the prize money? Will he still sell some of his wares there? It's like the Perfect place for cover information trading and should be Fully taken advantage of by the Order. If this reaches a larger scale, that would be So awesome.

Also, not Albus just tightrope walking the Super fine line of hinting at too much while keeping his people deprived of information. I agree with Percy, it's kinda a shit way to run an organisation. You literally had to vet the members who entered this thing but won't give them info? Also also, is Percy feeding the rest of the kids info? Cause I Can't see him agreeing to keep quiet on anything when it could risk their safety. Keeping them informed could be the difference between them surviving this or not. On that note, will he be a guest teacher at the DA if they start that up again? I Really hope he is!

Wait, I was supposed to stop ranting. Oops, sorry again. Anyway, thanks again for wr
4,974 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »