Reviews for Employment
partner555 chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Nice to find this old gem.
Jerex chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
nice story, it really works and shows how ricewind went from a failed wizard tot he libraians assistnt at the end of light fantastic to Sourcery.
Ingledew chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
I love it,although we should ignore the point that I love ALL Rincewind fics :D
Pimpelipom chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
Absolutely fabulous! The style was very Pratchettian indeed. Very nice on the whole, in my opinion Rincewind and the Librarian were in character. I had always wondered about the first encounter between the Librarian and the Mended Rum..

"the tearing off of arms was not outside the realm of possibilities."

Cheers, Lalage.
Pennhothwen chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
*nod...nod... nod*

*Very* satisfactory work, for a first-time shortfic. Lovely! Do continue to write like this, won't you? Discworld is such an excellent universe for fanfic, it's so... multifarious. Or summat. :)

As I said, GOOD job!

Mary Mack chapter 1 . 2/8/2003
Well well well. It looks like I can't lurk anymore at all- I read a story and feel compelled to review. How odd.

You did great! Especially for a first attempt. I liked Rincewind, I liked the Librarian, they were both in character (major brownie points there, kiddo).

One "nitpick"... Expulsion, not expellation.
samvimes chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
Makou, this is a wonderful first attempt and an unadulterated pleasure to read. It sounds like Pratchett, and you've got poor depressive Rincewind down a treat. Plus, it's fun seeing the Librarian before the pub-owners in town really got to know him (despite my nick, the Librarian is my favorite character - I worked at a university library for four years and deeply sympathise).

Keep writing, please! I have no nitpicks for you except that I'm not sure "Primatish" is a word, though it's certainly one Rincewind would use after a few beers. Especially the chewy Ankh-Morpork type.

Hats off to you!
The Death of Mayflies chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
Not bad, really, but you need something meatier in order to review someone properly, I feel, so how about finishing one of those longer works?

*And yes, I know, "Start digging where you're standing" does spring to mind...*