Reviews for By the fire
Maisie Malfoy chapter 1 . 7/12/2017
I have to say I honestly knew Alecto/Fenrir fluffiness was a thing. Just had to find it.
And that I have. Fenrir is just so perfect here: he's his perfectly Fenrir self, but he's so tender at the end and I love it.
Absolutely love this :).
AnotherGirlWithAStory chapter 1 . 5/31/2017
Aw, that was really beautiful. You did a really amazing job at portraying their relationship in this amount of words. I like how they interact with each other and I definitely like how you portrayed Alecto. She became a really interesting character just from the snippet you wrote about her nightmares. Really cool story! Nice work :)
seriousblahblah chapter 1 . 1/1/2017
This was an interesting little drabble. There were some lines that stood out to me that I liked [Things change when she begins to sleep with Fenrir. He's a beast and never tries to hide it, but that makes it better because she's sure he will protect her.] I like the mix of vunerability (she wants to be protected by him) and fear of Fenrir and her own lust perhaps.
Very interesting. I would've liked to see more description of Alecto too, since this is not a character I am very familiar with - what does alecto look like? what are her hobbies? why does she have this intense need to be protected by someone at the cost of fear? I would've loved to see more of this answered in her dream sequences
Keep writing! :)
oh and i loved the line about fenrir not wanting to be used as a pillow XD that cracked me up
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 12/30/2016
I loved how you wrote this relationship - they were both deliciously cutting, and I just really like this idea of Fenrir and Alecto having this sort of reluctant something :)
Your writing in this was truly lovely too :) I liked it :)
Nice work!
scrumptiousinternetllama chapter 1 . 12/26/2016
You’ve done a masterful job here! These are two characters I would never really put together as a pairing, but I can one-hundred percent see how this would work. I think you did a lovely job with getting a bit of Alecto’s backstory, and the warm setting of the fireplace really emphasised how safe she felt with Fenrir. I also liked how she didn’t shy away from how much of a beast he was—and his gruff attitude was perfect for how I envision him.
Dani Valdez chapter 1 . 12/24/2016
Hi.
It was very original. I have never thought Alecto as a scared person but i supose even the deadeaters have needs feeling protected. It.
It has been very sweet.
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 11/25/2016
This was really cute!

This isn't a pairing that should even be cute. (Says the person who captained the ship... XD) But this story is too adorable! Yes, Greyback is being a grumpy, growly beast here but he is also a cuddle monster ptrotecting her from her nightmares and it's just cute, ok. XD

Typos and grammar issues:

[sees reality's worse Alecto wants] - worse, Alecto

[into the dreamlands she's found] - dreamlands, she's

[that haunt her since] - haunted
Debs1990 chapter 1 . 11/20/2016
The pairing drew me in and I knew I just had to read this. I've never thought of these two being paired together, but I can see it now.

I love the image of him curling up by the fire when the full moon is near. I also like his line about not letting her use him as a pillow. The ending was sweet and it's interesting to see the softer side of Fenrir when he pulls her closer to him.

SPaG: 'Things changes when she begins' would sound better as 'Things changed when she began.'
'and what it isn't' should be 'and what isn't.'
'by the sound of his breathing and his heartbeat and the crackling fire.' There are a lot of ands here. I think 'by the sound of his breathing, his heartbeat and the crackling fire' sounds better.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this and you introduced a new pairing to me. I may have to search for more Alecto/Fenrir fics now. Good job.
Dragon MoonX chapter 1 . 11/9/2016
This was very good. I've read stories about this pairing before, but so far this is my favorite.

I like the image of Greyback curled up in front of the fire like a big, sleeping dog. He seems so at home with her, like he belongs there next to the fire. I also like that he tells her to bring a pillow because he won't let her use him as one. The way he says that is in character for him, and it conjures up the adorable mental image of Alecto using a big, warm werewolf as a pillow.

The ending is sweet, with the two of them on the floor next to the fire. He may be a beast, but he can be nice when he wants to. Having him pull her close at the end was a nice way to end the story.