Reviews for Mermaid out of Water
Hilarious! Love it!
Guest chapter 5 . 4/11/2019
The indigo leauge!?
zdbztumble chapter 1 . 2/1/2019
This is a hilarious read, and a very successful effort at aging the characters up and dealing with more mature material without coming off as untrue to their personalities or the Pokemon world. Fantastic job.
Acanthus Addams chapter 5 . 1/9/2019
Absolutely amazing. I can't tell you what a giddy smile I had on my face the whole time I was reading this. The descriptions are beautifully detailed and the characterisations of Ash and Misty are some of the best I've ever read on this site, and I really mean that. You should be incredibly proud of this story.
IndianKnight chapter 5 . 12/12/2018
Oh sweet cheese crackers! That was amazing! Every chapter (Specially the third chapter) ;P! I was smiling like an idiot, You did a great job!
Alphadelta-23 chapter 1 . 2/24/2018
Man, THAT WAS INSANE! I LOVE IT! I was laughing all the time I read the fic.. or at least there was a smile... You did an amazingly extraordinary work here... It's Awesome.. words aren't enough to describe it... Great work... Just, keep going with the amazing work and AAML stuff... All the best...
Lightning Type chapter 5 . 2/8/2018
You wouldn't happen to have a spare stomach, would you? I busted mine laughing as I read this (in a sincere, totally positive way).
AshPli chapter 5 . 8/3/2017
A really enjoyable fics with a really good blend of comedy and romance. I think I have re- read it about 5 times. Great work.
Nami chapter 5 . 7/9/2017
I'm rereading this story cause I just love it so much!
I really hope you'll come back someday with more pokeshipping :)
anjumstar chapter 5 . 6/26/2017
Let me just say, as an actor, the first three chapters of this brought back some pretty stressful nightmares I've had! Literally, I felt my heart clenching up whenever a line came up about how many minutes were left. Oh, I remember the one time I hyperventilated before a show because...well, you get it. You captured the stress. Very well.

That said, the first three chapters were definitely my favorites. They were pretty unique-some cliche moments, but definitely a unique take over all-and funny! I love my romantic comedy. There were nice dollops of clueless Ash and then Misty's embarrassment was rich. Although, I have to say, I've never met a zipper that couldn't be popped open. In fact, that's usually my problem when it comes to breaking zippers. Although, now that I think about it, there was one time I was stuck in a dress. The whole length of the zipper popped open, as I said, save for the top, which would not move down! I was stuck in that thing for a half an hour! That certainly would have added a degree of awkwardness to this, haha!

The last two chapters were a lot more typical for me. Particularly the last one. Definitely some cute stuff, but not really necessary. Everything that happened in that one was safely intuitive. Save for the Marill/Pikachu thing, which was fine. Although, I wasn't a fan of Pikachu's characterization in this over all. I feel like Pikachu's more of a buddy who gives Ash grief occasionally, but not endlessly.

Really, overall I kind of loved this story. There are things I would change about it, but I still think that it's really different from anything else I've read here, and that's saying something. I've read far too much PokeShipping in my day! The beginning of chapter 4 in particularly really made me laugh. Out loud. I'm definitely going to read this one a few times over.

Great work!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/11/2017
You should write more pokeshipping!
pillows-attack-me chapter 5 . 3/22/2017
This was hilarious. Plot aside, I felt the real brilliance was with the banter between Ash and Misty in each chapter. It fits in well with their relationship when they were kids, but I liked how they had wittier comebacks now that they are older. Ash and Misty's reactions to each other are spectacular. Thanks for the read!
Wassernixe RoZa chapter 5 . 12/29/2016
All these chapters are great! It was hilarious and cute! Marvelous job and the descriptions and the way you ended the story with the pedestrian sign to "GO" was fabulous! Awesome job!
Sounok chapter 5 . 12/23/2016
One of the best pokeshipping stories I have read lately!
MandyQ Writes chapter 5 . 12/8/2016
"Only took you two half a decade."

Misty sighed smiling, "Sometimes it felt like two decades."

HAHA.

I felt almost like a voyeur reading this, honestly (like ten-year-old Misty, I guess, haha). But this was equal parts hilarious and awkward and painful and funny. And that little exchange right there made it all come together, and sums up the frustrations of the pok├ęshipping community - that call out to the show was so casually slipped in.