Reviews for Sam's Rose
GraceAnn chapter 34 . 5/2
a wonderful ending.
iamhere4you chapter 33 . 3/15/2013
you captured well enough the relationship between the characters. and it's perfect :). i'm just sad that it was too soon end.
iamhere4you chapter 34 . 3/15/2013
wow.. awesome
estie793 chapter 34 . 9/3/2010
Hi! Okay, I just want to say that I loved this story. I think you really captured Rosie, and gave her a voice all her own, which I have a lot of trouble doing. The plot was wonderful, and I loved the idea about the schools. Merry and Pippin were great, and I loved Sam! Actgually, I pretty much just loved everything about this story. You did a splendid job, and I admire you for it!
wellduh chapter 34 . 2/19/2004
Awesome. The ending was very very nice.
Coneflower Adams chapter 34 . 8/10/2003
This was so wonderful. It took me a week to read, but it was worth it :) Rosie's narration was so subtle, it worked WELL. Very well! I purely enjoyed this story. I really can't say how much I enjoyed it. You portrayed the characters perfectly. The timeline was accurate with the RotK Appendix. I loved the dialogue too. I know I'd have a hard time keeping the dialogue straight, but you pulled it off great. Bag End kitchen does sound like an inviting place to spend an evening! The fairs sounded wonderful to go to too. Reminds me of a time in US history when things were simple. Though I didn't live in those times, I wish I did. But I'd take the Shire celebrations any day :) Goodness, the food you describe sounded great too. Makes me want to try to make some of those meals Rosie served! Fosco sounded like a little character of mine named Benny in one of my fanfics. It's wild how children, even in stories, can steal the show right from under you! Anyways, wonderful story and I'm definitely going to read the rest fo your fics :)
Only Human chapter 2 . 7/23/2003
Good, I found a chapter I haven't reviewed. I can't believe I haven't put you on my favorite authors list. You are the best Sam writer I've found on fanfiction, for crying out loud. Crazy me! Your stories are so touching and sweet and loyal and brave, and wait I'm describing Sam, but that's beside the point; you're going on my favorite author list and that's that. Keep writing about Sam!
helga chapter 25 . 5/17/2003
"And in the end, reckon it was the stories that brought us through, wouldn't you say? When you're in a tight place, and you start thinking how it would sound in a tale…. I don't know. You find you can do more than you ever thought you could."

Somehow, I think Tolkein would have agreed!
katakanadian chapter 31 . 5/16/2003
Wonderful chapter. I'm sorry to hear it is ending soon.
Shire Lass1 chapter 34 . 5/13/2003
I've been reading this story over the course of the last week or two in my spare time - a little here and there - and I have to say I really enjoyed it! I loved the character you turned Rosie into; it seemed to fit her just perfectly! All of it was well-written and creative, and I was sad to see it come to an end. Keep up the good work! -Kassy
shireling chapter 34 . 5/13/2003
Well, I was right, you did make me cry again.

I've always thought that Frodo's decline was more emotional and spiritual than physical. You have captured his pain with great sensitivity.

Your characterisations are spot on- just as I imagine them.

Please keep writing

Helen
Daisy Brambleburr chapter 34 . 5/12/2003
Beautiful! The last chapter was my favorite of them all, It made me cry it was so good.

I am so sad to see this fic end, it was really very enjoyable! I love how you wrote it from Rosie's POV because Tolkien tells us hardly anything about her. You got her spot on, and now the Rosie in my head is based on yours! Sam was great and Frodo was great and the school idea was very clever. I can't pick out anything I didn't like, it all seemed to fit.

You are a great writer, thank you so much for writing this and keeping me amused.

Good luck in any future work!

Love Daisy
Jaid Skywalker chapter 34 . 5/12/2003
Great ending. It's kinda sad that it is finished; but I enjoyed it a lot. _
Pyro She-devil chapter 34 . 5/12/2003
That was a bloody good fic! Rosie is by far my favourite female of the story after Éowyn, and I saw a fic about her and just had to whoop and holler. You did yourself proud, it was beautifully written, humorous, your spelling and grammar kicked ass! It may have taken me about...*glances at clock* three hours or so to read, but anyhow, it was three hours well spent. Two thumbs way, way up!
Only Human chapter 34 . 5/11/2003
Oh. It's over. I'm devastated. Frodo is gone. I know how Rose feels. Thinking someone who used to always be was there, and then remembering he's gone. It feels empty somehow.

Rose is a smart one, though. Seasons of life.

There is a time for everything under the sun.

*evil grin* even a time for things behind closed doors-Mr. Frodo being right about all those children lol

Man! I wish I was Sam's wife. I'd have his kids for him!

(Wait! did I just say that outloud *blushes crimson)