Reviews for Between Fire and Ice
Gemini011 chapter 2 . 5/10/2013
The name "Mizuko" might have been a more appropriate reflection of Shinji's thought process here... "Tsunami" evokes a little too much Asuka I would think. :P

Also he's calling her -chan? When he didn't use that for either Asuka or Rei before? Oh well. This problem is everywhere, so I guess I should just be thankful it's not worse.

Also, despite my gripes, this is already better written so far than "Cross" was. So good job?
dsty292 chapter 18 . 2/14/2013
So many ways to end it! O_O
Henry V chapter 18 . 8/21/2010
personally, I think the last alternate ending was the best. It stuck to the general outline of the plot, and FELT better than the others. Although number three has it's merits. I'd vote three second!

Anyway, Very good story. I have read something like it, but nothing actually fusing both girl's bodies and minds into one. So Thank you for brightening a gloomy day for me.

Yours sincerely,

Henry V
truemasterhaseo chapter 18 . 4/11/2010
Awesome story. I agree with everyone that another ending should have had Rei and Asuka together with Shinji. But seeing as this story is nearly seven years old, the possibilities of you writing that scenerio are improbable at best. None the less, you went above and beyond my expectations I had when I came a across this hidden diamond amongst the mediocraty of other stories. Granted my skills in writing are adequate at best,but I can tell the difference between a well written story and a poorly written one, and it is my pleasure to say this is one of the best stories I've ever read and among the top five stories for Evangelion I've ever read. Story and author favorited.
SierraM chapter 15 . 12/29/2007
I try and reread this fic every couple of months hoping that it still delivers the same emotional impact. So far, it has hit home every time. This is very well written and I'd like to commend you for writing this superb story.

Personally, I like the first ending (Ch15) the best since it leaves open the possibility for Shinji to have relationships with both Asuka and Rei. In the end, the two girls seemed to have formed a partnership and developed an understanding with one another. Because of their shared experience, it would've been plausible for them to share Shinji between them without either feeling cheated.

Honestly, this is probably one of the few scenarios where I believe the three pilots have a reason to be together. In Shinji's case, if he were to choose between Rei and Asuka, he'd be choosing a portion of Tsunami and denying the other. I honestly think he cared for both girls equally in the end.

Story & Author Favorited
Icura chapter 18 . 2/16/2007
Ah, I read this old fic and it is still so good that I couldn't help but comment on it.

I especially liked AE 5&6. Heh.
brindani chapter 18 . 11/15/2006
I really found this story to be very creative. I've never read the story that you mentioned in the begining, but I really like your take.

Congrads on a job well done,

brindani
Jake chapter 18 . 6/19/2006
Great fic.
Zero R3b0rn chapter 18 . 1/20/2006
Freaking. Amazing. This is one of the best fics I've ever read! And I'm a guy who reads plenty of fanfics! This fic is expertly written, the characters personalities were captured perfectly, it's just... Amazing! This is an excellent fic and I hope to see more like it!
Regrem Erutaerc chapter 18 . 1/18/2006
I just started readin' Evangelion fictions, and I'm glad I found this jewel of a fic._ Awsome job. But, it's possible for one more possible ending you didn't have.;) What if both of them revealed that they loved him, and they ended up all being together either in secret or with the people they care for knowing? Just a thought, and I think I'd like to see how you pull it off should you do it._
Guest chapter 16 . 9/1/2005
anyway i was thinking and it donned on me... why bother seperating stunami anyway? rei can be replaced and it isnt like anyone cept' hikari is going to miss her... also one would think that when you fuse two people together there would be leftover material (unless of course the product is twice the size of the seperate parts)because of this, one would also think that it would be impossible to restore rei and asuka simply because of the no doubt missing DNA strands (lets not even get into band shifting)and i would also like to point out that tsunami could have just said NO...
G.Kannon chapter 2 . 3/8/2005
Great. This was one of the most wonderful Eva fanfics I've read. It captured the characters so well, congrats on your l33t wr1t1ng sk1llz.

I didn't really like the ending though, it seemed kind of lame. The third alternate ending pleased me much more, but then again, I'm just a heartless romantic.
DCWestby chapter 5 . 2/27/2005
You know... Chapter 4... I got to thinking about that.. Asuka/Rei Tsunami...

Add in both their hearts feelings for Shinji... And its the reason why tsunami did what she did, because her feelings are now twice as strong then they were before for either Asuka or Rei. I find interesting that no one explains this to shinji in terms of emotions or feelings that come out might be amplified...

Good story by the way.. you should do a sequel on what occurs after this.. both girls act with eachother as well as Shinji.
DCWestby chapter 18 . 12/23/2004
My god... Talk about emotional depth... wow... Excellent.. excellent...
Alex Ikari chapter 18 . 12/15/2004
Overall, I liked this story a lot. The only complaint I have is pretty minor, but anyways, all the chapters felt a bit rushed. A lot went on in a short amount of time, with not many details inbetween. As for the alternate endings, I think the 4th one was the best, although it wasn't as long as I would have liked it to be. The first 3 were a bit corny, and well...I prefer Rei over Asuka. I did prefer Shinji/Tsunami overall though. Good luck on your next fic.