Reviews for Prehistoric Park: Inside their World
A person chapter 5 . 4/30/2020
I can't find the reviews can someone help me?
Guest chapter 8 . 2/14/2018
Now this was interesting. After all, the animals don't know that they are being saved from asteroids and such.

I'm glad I read these.
Nathanoraptor chapter 8 . 9/11/2017
I liked this chapter.

It was a very interesting point of view. I certainly enjoyed the description of actual paleontological theory in this and it was also nice to point out that terror birds actually lasted a long time when the mammalian predators showed up. I liked the idea that PP gives creatures an opportunity to escape extinction and start anew.

I liked how you reminded us that, in PP, creatures from all different times are being exposed to each other for the first time. A hadrosaur is a large, scary unfamiliar beast to Bathos. It's a reminder to the strangeness of the new surroundings that these animals have found themselves in; they're seeing creatures that they would never interact with naturally. Not only are they new to us, they are new to each other.
Nathanoraptor chapter 9 . 9/11/2017
I found the three different sets of perspective in this chapter interesting; it was pretty innovative and made the chapter feel a bit different to the others. I also liked the description of actual paleontological theory in this and it was interesting to understand the circumstances that drove them to extinction, before PP brought them back of course. I liked the idea that PP gives creatures an opportunity to escape extinction and start anew.

I liked how you reminded us that, in PP, creatures from all different times are being exposed to each other for the first time. I'm guessing the horned beast was a Triceratops. It's a reminder to the strangeness of the new surroundings that these animals have found themselves in; they're seeing creatures that they would never interact with naturally. Not only are they new to us, they are new to each other.
DaDog chapter 8 . 9/2/2017
Wow. Been awhile since we've seen this story update, but I love this story! It's always so refreshing to see things through the viewpoint of another species.
Flameal15k chapter 8 . 9/2/2017
Trivia:

1. There will be several chapters that follow the animals rescued in Great American Safari, because it was really long.

2. Fossil evidence indicates that Bathornis lived in wetlands, while it's larger relative, Paracrax, dominated the grasslands. They actually lasted a long time when the mammalian predators showed up.

3. The giant animals were Anatosaurus (which will be the name I use to differentiate between Edmontosaurus regalia and E. annectens.
Flameal15k chapter 4 . 5/27/2017
This is an addendum to the original trivia for this chapter:

The elephant like creatures are astrapotheres, which really do look like tiny elephants. They actually died out before the major part of the Great American Interchange took place, so the reference here is mostly to show off just how many wonderful creatures disappeared from the Earth, as well as offer hints to future rescue targets...
Nathanoraptor chapter 7 . 5/28/2017
Again, great chapter!

I liked Bistahi remembering his being brought back and the circumstances of his rescue; the idea of how incredibly confused an animal would be at its being brought back to the present is a very interesting one. I liked how you subtly reiterated a theme from Chapter 4; in PP, creatures from all different times are being exposed to each other for the first time. A mammoth/Elasmotherium (I'm presuming that's what the mammals were) is something strange and unfamiliar to Bistahi's eyes. It's a reminder to the strangeness of the new surroundings that these animals have found themselves in; they're seeing creatures that they would never interact with in nature. It really put things into perspective that, not only are they new to us, they are new to each other.
Nathanoraptor chapter 6 . 5/28/2017
Yet again, great chapter!

I liked how you reminded us that, in PP, some creatures adapt to the present faster than others. Crocodiles have not changed physically for millions of years; of course they'd adapt quickly to their new surroundings.

I liked how you subtly reiterated a theme from Chapter 4; in PP, creatures from all different times are being exposed to each other for the first time. An elephant, to a Deinosuchus, is a large, unfamiliar tusked creature; however, it's an incredibly well recognised animal to our human eyes. It's a reminder to the strangeness of the new surroundings that these animals have found themselves in; they're seeing creatures that they would never interact with in nature. It really put things into perspective that, not only are they new to us, they are new to each other.

Nathanoraptor chapter 5 . 5/28/2017
Yet again, great chapter!

I liked how you reminded us that, in PP, that dome is the Carboniferous giant bugs' entire world. To Ben the Arthropleura, his entire world is blocked by thick, invisible barriers, preventing him from going to other areas; it's like living in a forcefield. It's a reminder to the strangeness of the new surroundings that these animals have found themselves in; the bugs are isolated in the truest sense of the word. It really put things into perspective.

Nathanoraptor chapter 4 . 5/28/2017
Yet again, great chapter!

I liked how you reminded us that, in PP, creatures from all different times are being exposed to each other for the first time. A sauropod is a huge, scary, unfamiliar scaly giant to Phil, the terror bird. An ankylosaur, an armoured dinosaur, is a strange armoured beast to the sabre-tooths. It's a reminder to the strangeness of the new surroundings that these animals have found themselves in; they're seeing creatures that they would never interact with in nature. It really put things into perspective that, not only are they new to us, they are new to each other.

Drew Luczynski chapter 7 . 5/18/2017
Nice to see this story back in action. I love seeing how you write the animals p.o.v
Flameal15k chapter 4 . 11/24/2016
Trivia for Chapter 4:

1. The scaly giant was one of the park's Dongbeititan, a titanosaurs know from the Yixian Formation. The Yixian and Jiufotang formation fauna were combined for the Microraptor mission.

2. The glyptodont like creature was a Denversaurus.

3. The great tusked beasts that Sabrina was thinking about were Stegomastodon, a gomphotheres that looks a lot like a modern elephant. Originally, it was supposed to be rescued in Episode 4, but was scrapped in the writing, because I wanted to focus on the cats.

4. The animals that were mentioned in Phil's segment were Pampatheres and Sprassodonts, two of South America's unique fauna that did not survive the interchange.

Next chapter will be up later today.
Nathanoraptor chapter 3 . 11/23/2016
Again, great chapter!

I liked how you reminded us that Zhao comes from a time before large mammals of any kind existed at all. Recognizable animals to us (rhino, deer, elephants) are huge, scary, unfamiliar creatures to Zhao. An eagle, a familiar bird to us, is a big, scary flying monster to her. It's also a reminder as to how small Zhao is.

Dinosaurs "clay-eating" like macaws was also an interesting touch. It really allowed me to see them as real, living creatures carrying out the same behaviours as modern animals. It really put things into perspective.

Keep up the good work! You rule!

Lookin' forward to the next chapter.
Nathanoraptor chapter 2 . 11/23/2016
I liked this chapter.

Again, it's always interesting to see an animal's POV of the world; it's intriguing to see how differently they see things from us.

I liked the description of the mammoth's extinction and it was interesting to see the sort of "cultural memory" inferred. It kind of reminds me of Stephen Baxter's Silverhair books; given you are familiar with the author, I'm wondering if this was intentional. I particularly liked how you didn't go with a single theory for the extinction of the mammoth; depicting both climate change and human hunting as contributing factors. It was very poiginant to see that end of an age.

The dissolution of Martha's herd and the death of Martha's sister are both very poignant, sad moments; I actually teared up a little reading them. It's always kind of sad, seeing how far such impressive creatures have fallen. However, I did go "awww" a little at the ending (in a heartwarming way); particularly when Martha is accepted by the elephant herd. It's nice Martha's happy now.

I have one slight issue with this chapter; Martha would probably be familiar with bison. Mammoths and bison co-existed in Europe and Asia and Martha would have probably encountered them at some point in her life. So Martha not recognising the park's bison at the end is kind of inaccurate.