Reviews for Screw the Rebellion, I want Cookies
TetraShard chapter 2 . 12/29/2021
I thought Darth Sidious already knew about Alternate Universe both in canon Disney and Legends continuity
RHJunior chapter 3 . 10/12/2021
of course the real Emperor would just tap the guy for everything he knew, force-lightning him for shits and giggles, then have his charred, smoking corpse tossed into space.
first order chapter 4 . 10/8/2021
First Order stormtroopers were inferior to stormtroopers of the Imperial era
The reason why stormtroopers seemed inferior is because, well, big plot armors.
Historian1912 chapter 9 . 8/21/2021
This seems like a good idea, though I must admit I can't quite see Palpatine being entirely okay with predictions of future failure as a reason to purge officers. Ozzel did get his rank via politicking, after all, and the OC has zero proof in this case that he's not just purging future competition. Also, at this point just about any officer you could care to name would be at a lower rank than their point of failure, so a simple solution could be to just not promote certain officers past their point of competence. But then that would require completely changing the culture within the Imperial military, and Palpatine is the one that encouraged the culture that failed in the first place.

Put simply, great idea, but you still haven't dealt with the cause of more than half of the issues that the OC desires to correct: Palpatine himself.
Historian1912 chapter 8 . 8/21/2021
Well, you managed to make me hate the OC with a vengeance. Immoral dumbass that thinks having a devil-analogue as ruler of the galaxy is somehow better than a Republic with a corruption problem. Going by the EU, which is where you have to pull almost everything, the Empire often suffers from similar issues of corruption, brutality, and sheer incompetence. There is a REASON the Rebellion exists. Was the Republic at the point of its fall good? No. Is the Empire good? NOT with Palpatine in charge.

Quite bluntly, your OC is about as intellectually sharp as a butter knife. I'll try to make this my last review until something positive appears again.
Historian1912 chapter 7 . 8/21/2021
Despite my other reviews so far suggesting otherwise, I am enjoying the story. There's a number of good ideas here, particularly in taking ideas originally made up after the fact (after the original trilogy) that could have been more seamlessly integrated into the EU had they all been considered in advance or at least deployed more intelligently so they last longer than a single book, film, or at most story arc.

I know Tarkin might like Starkiller Base, but I hate it. I also hate Tarkin, but that's mostly because I keep finding him in Disney Canon to be a politician in a uniform and in Legends to have an unhealthy overconfidence problem. Give me Thrawn any day (also in the end overconfident, but he at least earned it). As for Starkiller Base, out of universe it's just an oversized Death Star. Boring. In-universe it's a waste of resources the First Order in any logical worldbuilding situation cannot afford (of course, in my view, the entire post-ROTJ worldbuilding effort by Disney was and is hot garbage, so doing something stupid is unsurprising).
Historian1912 chapter 6 . 8/21/2021
Again, I don't have a huge objection to the story, but your author's notes make me wonder whether your critical thinking skills are reserved solely for the Empire. Obi-Wan and Yoda should've helped other Jedi... okay, HOW? Obi-Wan quite literally had a particular assignment (watching Luke) and was enemy # 1 on Vader's list. Him doing ANYTHING would be stupid in the extreme unless he had to. And he did teach Luke differently than a "normal" Padawan would be. I must also point out that you can only change a lifestyle so far before the word describing it doesn't mean anything. A Sith that protected the weak, wasn't self-centered, and sought peaceful solutions, for example, would no longer be a Sith.

As for Yoda, in the very stuff you reject (Rebels), we do see him help via Force communications. He is also probably Public Enemy # 1 from the Emperor's point of view, so like with Obi-Wan, direct involvement would bring the heat down on whoever he's trying to help. That seems less than smart.
Historian1912 chapter 2 . 8/21/2021
While I'm finding the story interesting, and I know that it's been long since finished, I do have a couple of issues with your author's note, and one for your story as a whole.

I'll start with the latter issue. Please pay attention to the words you're using. You have used so many false cognates that, if I were an English teacher, your story would be so soaked in red that it would be illegible. For example (in your author's note, no less), you wrote "I went their". The word you should have used is "there", which indicates a location, not "their", which indicates plural possessiveness. You also underuse commas, particularly in places they should be.

As for the former issue, I find your reasoning concerning the light and dark sides highly illogical. Admittedly I have seen this with a LOT of people, and George Lucas bears some of the blame in functionally squashing very different worldviews together somewhat sloppily. Lucas himself defined "out of balance" as the dark side itself. You do not need the Sith to balance out the Jedi. The Sith ARE the imbalance. The fact that Return of the Jedi ends with one Jedi and ZERO Sith should have made that clear. You are also arguing that the very embodiment of evil in this universe should not be wiped from existence at the earliest opportunity. The Sith as a whole do the EXACT things you complain about with regards to some of the Jedi's actions as their standard operating procedure. Any criticism of the Jedi in that regard that doesn't condemn the Sith to complete destruction rings hollow and is VERY hard to take seriously.
AceofAcesMobius1 chapter 18 . 8/15/2021
I know this story is kinda old but please recheck the whole work for spelling mistakes man
Followingstars chapter 40 . 7/26/2021
Could keep going or start or on this story please it’s really good but it does leave you unsatisfied with it just cutting off
Oldtga chapter 1 . 7/7/2021
enjoyed this fic looking for more like it help yourself first with knowledge of the future.
D3vilB4sket chapter 40 . 6/25/2021
Ending was very Meh
SIMPDESTROYER chapter 40 . 6/10/2021
Idk how to feel about tbe ending, but i did enjoy this story, but again the ending is very Meh imo
Sandaime Hokage chapter 40 . 6/4/2021
Interesting fic, enjoyed the read
DebaterMax chapter 5 . 5/5/2021
Contment - if you ever have time consider running this through a word processor like Word Grammarly etc just to make your HS writing better. Again love the premise m
988 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »