Reviews for Court of Souls
Yuma Moto chapter 65 . 7/8
Oh my gosh, that was AMAZING! I have never read a better crossover story ever! Especially since you wove so many animes that are so different and made them work together so well. Kingdom Hearts is my all time favorite game and Yu-Gi-Oh, Slayers, and Trigun were the animes that got my into the wonderful world of anime. I hope you complete the sequel and never give up on it. I am amazed by your dedication to this story, and hope you keep this wonderful Alternate Universe alive and kicking!
Digitaldreamer chapter 65 . 4/19/2015
Ten years later and here I am again. Hi there Rem-Chan- Mirriem? Whatever you call yourself now. It's Digitaldreamer, whom you may or may not remember. I was thirteen when I started writing fanfiction. Your work, this fic in particular, was the stuff that most inspired me to keep at it. I still think very fondly of it and when I was first reading it, the nights I stayed up late trawling through chapter after chapter, the way it felt like an actual sequel back before KH2 was even really announced. I am twenty-five now and for some reason I felt compelled to re-read this, and so here we are again.

You know what? This still holds up. Sure, there are typos and parts that drag a bit- Sora's neverending angst feels a wee bit tiring in retrospect, but it resonated a lot with thirteen-year old Digi so I can't complain. There are occasional moments that are a bit off... but this was ten years ago and I'm sure you can pick apart your own old writing far better than anyone else could. No one likes to read super critical reviews YEARS after they finished a fic.

No, I'm here to tell you how much I loved this. How much I still love this. How when I played KH2 I actually felt a wee bit disappointed because I wished the game were this fic instead, haha. Everything from this is so well thought out- the summons, the collectibles, the boss fights. It feels like a real game. Your descriptions are still lovely and paint wonderful images- I still haven't seen a lot of the anime this fic references but you always described things enough that I felt fine. You would always manage to fit in these details that made everything feel so very real and your sentences were always so poetic. The characters voices always seemed perfect and in character, the dialogue flowing, and I was always impressed by the way you managed to make so many different voices mesh.

I'm glad I came back, because I actually forgot how the ending went. For some reason the way I remembered this fic, Sora was lost in the end and Riku and Kairi had to go find him. I must have gotten this mixed up with the ending of When All Other Lights Go Out or something, because that is NOT what happened. Your descriptions at the end in particular are insane and beautiful, and the way it all tied together... I actually teared up even now. I particularly love the final touch at the end with Mickey and Walt. It was perfect.

I'm sure as an author you look back and have all sorts of thoughts on this story. I'm sure there's plenty you would have changed. This fic to me kind of seems like a slice of an era that's kind of passed now- I don't see as many people who type out authors notes like this anymore, no more song lyrics in fics or "ne?" or... so on and so on. But I wanted you to know that this fic meant so much to me. When I was thirteen all of the Sora angst made me feel like someone got me. I saw your writing and I tried really hard to write like you, and you even encouraged me when I basically ripped you off (sorry about that, eesh). I didn't even realize how much of your style had ended up in my own until I re-read this years later. This fic meant the world to me and your words influenced me so much. I wanted to come back and thank you, because I'm still writing now and my reviews sound a little less... insane.

But yes. Thank you for writing this. Thank you for still keeping it where people can read it. Thank you for being such a big influence on me. I hope you are doing well wherever you are and maybe still writing.

Ja Ne
Sandstorm3D chapter 65 . 2/17/2015
Almost a a complete decade later and this fic is still a wonderful and heart moving piece. Not sure if you even check your account or are active, but I wanted to say thank you for this wonderful piece of work that inspired me to write my own. It was a great journey to read this story of yours and I'm pretty sure I will always love it. Thank you for that :)
Dragon and Sword Master chapter 65 . 7/23/2013
This was a beautiful story and I am glad to have let my eyeballs consume it for the pleasure that it was. I will go to read Riku's side story and the sequel eventually, but for right now, I just want to praise you for an excellent job.

DASM
555
Henshin Complete
Dragon and Sword Master chapter 5 . 7/9/2013
I'm touched by the emotion that you put into this chapter, well done.
aeonstasis chapter 65 . 5/27/2013
This is a masterpiece that goes beyond words.
aeonstasis chapter 13 . 5/26/2013
Really good story! This has a lot of potential even from where I am in it. Just what is unique about Sora? Btw, I'm part of the last class taking TAKS before it's replaced with STAAR.
FanFreader chapter 55 . 2/2/2013
baka Sora!
FanFreader chapter 23 . 1/31/2013
F-ing Kenshin was there, I LOVE you so much right now. Rurouni Kenshin is my favorite anime series. I hope he gets mention again, if not, I still luv you for having kenshin being there XD
Catoust chapter 52 . 12/19/2011

...

Why Pansy Ash? Why not the ultimate Red?
freezecullen0096 chapter 16 . 10/18/2011
This is my actual username btw. I adore you. Sailormoon is absolutely one my favorite anime ever. I love you ram. Please keep up the good work! :DDDD
Silverspegel chapter 65 . 3/21/2011
A good ending and a good start for a sequel. Great gods! My eyes are sore, my mind ready to explode from all the impressions and the inspiration brought forth and, I have to admit, my back is killing me - 7 days it's taken me to read this through with my work cutting in on the experience for eight hours a day 5 of those days... I can only say, I adore this fic and how you bring all the worlds to life and how you depict all those utterly awsome characters in a way true to the perception I have of them from before reading this. The story was very well handled, with all the intricate patterns needed for a steadily growing hold on the interest of the reader, never reaching that oh so dreaded anti-climax that always hovers close by to such an epic tale as this. And even though I've since long played both the first and second game, and read the stories of the parts inbetween, this fic so made me wish for your story to be the actual sequel to the first game. Every battle felt real! Every twist in the story was refreshing and unexpected (more or less) and the exchange of followers, from Donald and Goofy to Yami (of whom I knew only the features and the voice, nothing more before this) and Ranma (who I've loved since I first set eyes on the anime) was, may I add, one divine act of pure genius. Thank you, for bringing this adventure to life! Your humble reader/ Silverspegel
Silverspegel chapter 56 . 3/19/2011
Just a thing i noticed, well, I know it's some years since this was written, but still: Is there a reason for Ranma /i/not/i/ turning into a girl in the rain at the last part, because you keep referring to him as, well, "him"...Just curious. Great chapter otherwise, as always.
Silverspegel chapter 54 . 3/19/2011
Intense! I swear I was panting while reading it! Awsome power and powerful detail to emotions and scenery! I feel.. drained, but so hooked... Great lords, this was one long chapter... But so worth reading...
Silverspegel chapter 48 . 3/18/2011
You know, this battle is turning really epic... the drama is tense and the character development breathtakingly rapid, not to mention all the "go get them"-characters coming in to join the fight for the world! Epic, I say, epic!
1,309 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »