Reviews for The Golden Magic Wishing Harp
bananasrokk chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
okay...first of all, i admire your bravery...it takes a lot of guts to put a suspense fic in the marx brothers fandom, not to mention kill off groucho.

but that's the thing. you killed off groucho. it was very...very...well, ther is no nice way to say thins... it was very disturbing. seriously. like, ew. flesh wax? now im gonna have nightmares.

but still, i think you should keep writing, but try to make them...not as disturbing as this one.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/24/2004
Well, I have to admit, being a devoted Marxist, this was not at all like a Marx film. The character images were used, but very vaguely. It's a very good idea for a short story though.
Aileen Leonard chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
Aside from Chico talking, it doesn't sound like a Marx Brother movie at all. Marx Brothers themselves were used, but the story is compleatly different from anything that the Marx Brothers would do.
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 3/10/2003
Dear Dagmar:

Well, if you're really determined to be untrue to character and plot for the sake of a story that quite easily could - and probably should - have been put on , I suppose there's no stopping you. But it isn't done, you know. it really isn't done.

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
Pim Greenleaf chapter 1 . 2/12/2003
That was wicked awesome the second time! DOOOOOD! Hey! since you posted your story from english, I posted my too, I mean what the hay, why not? I love how the dude melts...a very surprising ending...though quite disturbing, but wot do yer know? it's just plain bloody wicked awesome.
Dreamscapes Symphonic chapter 1 . 2/12/2003
how dare you kill captain spaulding? you cruel evil person. i hope groucho marx comes back and beats the crap out of you.

I'm just kidding. but it was a freaky story. i've never seen this marx brothers movie, but i want to really bad. you ever thought about writing one for duck soup? hmm...
wanequelle chapter 1 . 2/8/2003
That was really good, totally not what I was expecting from what you read in class. Hey quit dissing the violins! It was cool how the harp broke apart. It's a lot better than my short story, I think mine was longer though.

Laura