Reviews for What Danger Means
mauralee chapter 1 . 9/2/2019
Very grim, but more realistic than the basilisks managing to not kill anyone. Well done!
RonneeM chapter 1 . 3/24/2019
All I can say is... ouch. And scarily enough, I can see this happening with the way the whole thing was handled. All it would have taken is an accident to Ginny after she released the basilisk.
Rainstrom chapter 1 . 7/27/2018
I'd love to see a second chapter, at least. Great fic.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/4/2018
Yes! This is the most likely outcome of dumbledore's incompetence in not evacuating the castle earlier. Tragic!
Rainbow Prime chapter 1 . 11/22/2017
Aw...they don't kill the basilisk?
maartenvervloet chapter 1 . 3/28/2017
That could have happened
afish.2far chapter 1 . 1/22/2017
This is a fabulous story! Wowee, thanks for writing it :D
Senyor Fier Mensheir chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
That was amazing. Gave me chills. Reminded me of (not a spoiler) the opening/intro of Fantastic Beasts.
There's that sense of dread throughout, and then the ending...chilling.
Runecutter chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
An interesting story concept. I don't care if it is a bit dark, it works perfectly well.

I only would have wished that you hadn't quite run so fast through the story, given it a bit more flesh. Why would "everybody" be at the meal at the same time? I was always under the impression that other than at the few feasts it was more of a coming and going, not everybody sitting down for the same 20 minutes of eating. So there should have been bodies strewn all over the corridors maybe even on the staircases. And if the Basilisk was mad enough to burst through the door... why wasn't there any other damage to the castle?
And what is with the elves? They are not in the Great Hall during meals, so where did they go? Can't they be used to search for survivors in the library, the dorms? Maybe they won't find anybody, but at least try it.

Nice story, but well... a bit too thin to build true atmosphere.
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
Well, that was dark.

Aw, Dadycool stole my review. XP

Unbearably depressing and horrifying as this story is, you did a good job with it.

Nice to know you're still around! *huggles you*
Polydicta chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
Ooooohhhhh ... nasty!

Good story, though.
Rake1810 chapter 1 . 11/12/2016
It's what ifs like this that make it easy to hate Albus regardless of your opinions on him (good, evil, senile, incompetent, old etc)
ChickeeDee chapter 1 . 11/12/2016
ugh this was awesome. can you imagine if all/most of the students became ghosts, and when the aurors came back a second time to look for the basilisk, all of the ghosts of the children were just hanging in places all over the castle, being perpetually petrified as the basilisk roams the halls. ugh. this fic gave me the chills.
Sakura Lisel chapter 1 . 11/12/2016
Idiot Ginnymort. She was supposed to only kill the 'impure' muggleborn and halfblood students of Hogwarts with the basilisk. Instead she got EVERYBODY including the pureblood children or Voldemorts devoted followers who are going to be PISSED when they find out WHO is responsible for the deaths of their kids. *lol* not to mention what will happen to Lucius who will not only be mourning Draco now, but if his fellow Death Eaters find out he had a hand in this, there won't be anything left of him, that is if Narcissa doesn't kill him first when SHE hears the news of what HE caused to happen to her baby boy.

Speaking of Ginnymort, though out of everyone who was either petrified or killed in the Great Hall attack was HER body there as well, or is she still roaming the school?

You should do a sequel. If any of the dead did what Myrtle did and became ghostly residents of Hogwarts, SOMEBODY must have seen what happened and could tell the aurors.

Plus where were the Hogwarts house elves and current Hogwarts ghosts? Didn't THEY see or hear anything?
Dadycoool chapter 1 . 11/12/2016
Well,...that's...wow.

Good writing, at least. Just, wow.