Reviews for Sometimes It Takes Another Try
imageekiknowit chapter 1 . 5/19/2017
I would love a sequel where we get some snapshots of their lives between the train and dropping their sons off, like 100 word drabbles per a year. I liked this story.
HoneyBear84 chapter 1 . 5/1/2017
loved it
InnocentLittleDarkAngel chapter 1 . 4/9/2017
I love how Draco redeemed himself early on and became friends with Harry. This is how the books should have been. Their children are lovely.
sasuhinas fan chapter 1 . 3/7/2017
Awwwwwwww! So lovely and sweet, Ek!
Gfehyblftjvdjjtdwgvklonwdaswvyvjscthibñueckribxashecasecjfkotfikgrkoc
Sapphirewaterfall chapter 1 . 11/24/2016
Happy holidays! So sorry this review is so late! I work in retail and from here on out my work and school schedule is going to be hell so if I don’t review to a fic please know that I read it as soon as I got the email saying you posted I’m just waiting until I have enough time to write a quality review lol.
Onto the review!
First off I’m assuming this is supposed to be a oneshot but I so, so love this concept. Young drarry meeting on the train, Draco not being an ass, and then years later they’re sending their own children off is the perfect trope and I loved that tumblr post you mentioned and I love the spin you had with this. You have this way of writing drarry as just so real but not the cliche we wub each other so so much way, you know? I loved that first moment where Draco just sees Harry and the intensity he felt just from Harry’s eyes and then draco’s monologue of how he was such an ass was so great and I so wish it was canon. Also, their exchange on the train ride was adorable too. They’re just so cute and nervous and their budding friendship just from that makes me wish this was a 50 chaptered fic that expanded and came to a full circle with the boys sending their sons off BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE HOW YOU WROTE THIS TROPE. Like, in most fics Draco is still lowkey an ass or a complete wimp but here he’s just Draco and Harry’s just Harry and they just have this natural chemistry that they had in Stages and I love it. Side note though: I was kind of surprised with how Lucius acted. Narcissa (bless her) was the classy warm mother that I know and love her as much Lucius just seemed so much colder, more like fanon’s view of him and I think it’s a really interesting trope to play around with, and it makes Draco wanting to be Harry’s friend all the more powerful since I’m guessing Daddy Dearest wouldn’t approve lol.
And then the 26 years later scene omg first love the full circle you came to, and I also love how you kept some things in canon like the names and the part where Harry reassures his son about being in Slytherin. I also love the sons themselves. A lot of fics have Albus and Scorpious as carbon copies of drarry in looks and personality and I really like how although they look just like their dads (which is a fav of mine tbh because can you imagine how smug Draco would be to have a mini me and how much he would melt to see a mini Harry) they also have their own personalities. Scorpius reminded me of the Scorpius in HowDracoGotHisGrooveBack’s fic of Two and a Half Men because of his Ravenclawishness but even then he doesn’t seem as...aloof? Lol I guess as their Scorpius. If anything he seems more like Harry in his gentleness and curiosity. Albus, although we only see him for a short amount of time, I can see kind of like Draco in the sense that he isn’t too forthcoming with his insecurities (“Draco never saw or heard even the slightly hint of sheepishness touching his son”). Both characters really seem like their own which is amazing to see since they had such a short scene.
And then of course I just have to comment on the drarry in here. First, I was cooing as Draco was getting all emotional when he watched his boys leave. I was cooing when drarry told their sons to take care of each because it had exactly the same vibe as that tumblr post that I loved. And I was smirking when Harry made that little remark about Draco’s age and Draco repaid in kind by snogging and leaving him hanging. It made me so so happy to see drarry still acting like cheeky teenagers in love even when they’re grown men. “Nineteen years and the word still caused a pleasant shiver” is such a great line cause it just reminds me of the spark I see with them as teenagers but it has the 19 years they’ve been together and it just askdnehawapdanamwhadl I can’t. Great job with this fic, thank you for posting!
mykkila09 chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
imagine if this was how it really happened?! this was so cute and adorable and just...just...oh my Drarry feels! this was just so perfect! (as is all the Drarry you do :D)
I know okay chapter 1 . 11/18/2016
Cute.
ohmyfancan chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
Asdfghjkl! Gah, this was super adorable! Just what I needed to start off my week! Love it! Xx
katwinchester chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
This is amazing! It does bring up many questions about what happened through Hogwarts and after though (seriously this would make a great story). I just love the ending the characters are so adorable. I enjoyed your take on Draco making amends for how he behaved in the robe shop and Harry being Harry is willing to give him another chance. All in all I loved it :) You are one of the best Drarry writers out there :) Katie.
FanofBellaandEdward chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
Poor Hufflepuff - never gets mentioned when people try to console children when it comes to their choice XD

But no seriously, this was a great oneshot :D Very sweet and definitely a better ending - and beginning! - than the actual series ;)
dreamydrarry chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
EKENE YOU BEAUTIFUL MASTERMIND!

((i'm sorry the response is late, but i fell asleep early last night due to waking up early and doing lots of stuff all day))

but OMG! THE STORY! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
it was sooooooo beyond adorable! and totally the way things should have been ;)
the first half reminded me a lot of Stages, but at the same time i had to remember that in stages they grew up together lol it was still super cute nonetheless. draco's nervousness omg he's such a little muffin!
as for the second half, i was so happy to see that they ended up marrying each other and having the boys! the kiss at the end was so so cute!

i cant believe you were nervous!
I LOVED IT! thank you for writing it for me! especially since it's a story we sort of chatted about way way back when we first saw that fan art!
SerpensPrincess chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
Love it!
Divergent Raven chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
Ohmygosh this is the adorablest fic ever ahh so cute
GuardianDragon98 chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
I love this :D
fandomflier15 chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
WONDERFUL! AMAZING! BEAUTIFUL! LOVE IT!