Reviews for Recovering from Evil
murphycat chapter 3 . 8/8/2020
Emotional and deep. You really get to the bone with Matt’s POV
Zipitupcowboy chapter 1 . 7/27/2020
An interview with John Meston (and James Arness and Amanda Blake) at the Museum of TV & Radio Seminar in 1989 was included on the Gunsmoke 50th Anniversary DVD collection, Volume One. He was a fascinating guest, and the interview went a long time. He chose "Mannon" as one of his favorite episodes of all time. He said it was one of only two episodes in his career for which CBS refused to allow him to include the original finale, in which Kitty said to Doc, "No woman ever loved a man more than I love him" because it enhanced the relationship of Matt and Kitty too much. I'd like to salute you for having the talent and understanding of these characters to write this most deserved ending. And if John Meston were here today, he'd see that it aired for you. He understood. So do I.
Zipitupcowboy chapter 3 . 7/22/2020
Superb story! Wonderfully written! If only CBS had permitted the original story to end this way. Thank you so much for giving us the closure we were longing for! Please write again soon. Your understanding of the M/K relationship is powerful!
Ross7 chapter 3 . 1/22/2019
Bravo!
You had me laughing and crying right along with the characters.

Thanks for bringing this all to a happy end. :D
My heart can stop hurting now. :D

:) Ross7
Ross7 chapter 2 . 1/22/2019
Oh...my...Your characterizations are so brilliantly done!
Not just their dialogue, but their mannerisms, too!
"He paused to deliver a half-wink/half-one-eyed squint"

Great job with the descriptions! Especially appreciated this line:
"like a big smelly buffalo sitting in the room and everyone pretending it wasn't there" :D

My heart is hurting for Kitty and Matt...*sigh*
Ross7 chapter 1 . 1/22/2019
First, let me say that I love love love it when a fanfic writer fills in the glaringly 'missing' pieces of an episode. Second, "Mannon" was recently on TV, so I didn't have to rely too heavily on my memory of the show this fic' is based on. Third, you write raw emotion so well! The ability to get the reader to feel what the characters are feeling is a pretty rare talent. But one that you most definitely possess!
Thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us. :D

:D Ross7
no part chapter 3 . 10/18/2018
Thank you for this very poignant presentation of what happened between Kitty and Matt in the Mannon episode. I truly enjoyed it and believe that you are very talented in this style of writing. Thank you so much.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/11/2018
really good, keep writing more of these!
J.P. Valance chapter 3 . 4/17/2017
A powerful story, Gunshy1. Well done.
Mirschell chapter 3 . 3/8/2017
Awww... Matt sharing his most inner feelings, letting Kitty know how much her loves her, gave back the smile she thought she lost. Enjoyed this story very much.
ForeverKittyandMatt chapter 3 . 1/13/2017
So good!
Pam chapter 3 . 11/24/2016
Sacrificing everything for each other this is a love story for the ages. You have have portrayed it beautifully. Thank you so much for a beautiful human story
Pam chapter 2 . 11/24/2016
This is so insightful. You have given words and thoughts to the Matt we had suspected was there all the time. What a complicated man and what an intense powerful and loving relationship between Doc, Matt, and Kitty. Superior job
Pam chapter 1 . 11/24/2016
Louie as always just amazing. This is a fantastic look into the mind of Matt Dillon. Great idea great job.
Emmint chapter 3 . 11/18/2016
This is truly one of your best stories you had both Kitty and Matt's desperation and love just leaping from the page.