Reviews for Mommy Dearest
Dimac99 chapter 7 . 9/9/2020
My god, this is PERFECT. I just love, love, LOVE it! I love most of all that Luke is confident and assertive, which in the show almost never seemed to happen around the senior Gilmores. I also love that he's business savvy and also quite sneaky with the bed construction! This Luke is definitely a match for Lorelai, not dumbed down at all.
fnfnztri chapter 7 . 6/6/2019
It's been a few years but I just read this story and loved it. I would have loved this Emily groveling rather than Lorelai having to be the one crawling back that we saw on the show.
grace1600 chapter 7 . 1/6/2019
Sweet!
grace1600 chapter 6 . 1/6/2019
love it, and I like your Luke and Lorelai better than the ones in the revival.
grace1600 chapter 1 . 1/6/2019
Hoorah! I want to cheer for them, thanks!
sarakay chapter 7 . 7/27/2018
this is one of my absolute favourite stories! You definitely lived up to your mission statement, and nothing felt out of character. I think you did an amazing job of capturing Luke's voice without canonising him and the whole story was super satisfying and entertaining!
qob1986 chapter 1 . 5/21/2018
This is the first GG fig I've read and it might just be my favorite, no matter how many more I read. Seeing Emily do so much (for her) to win back Lorelai makes me wish it was onscreen canon. That would have been a great handful of episodes. Having Emily out of her element, first tentatively, then determinedly, then completely voluntarily was a great character arc. I would like to have seen Richard show up because he can't believe that she's actually going to the diner everyday.

All in all, I loved it. 10 out of 10, would recommend.
Skinfull chapter 7 . 4/9/2018
lovely. really enjoyed this fic and emily getting some comeuppance!
Rori Potter chapter 7 . 5/4/2017
Amazing! Update soon.
goldnox chapter 7 . 12/25/2016
Awwwww poor Luke! He can’t be sick! That’s so mean!

Also, I love that you used “vigorous” again. Such a great word

OMFG ROFLMAO LOOK AT EMILY GO! EMILY GILMORE IS NOW CAPTAIN SAVE A HO! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

*closing quote after “tongues”*

AWWWWWWWW SHE WAS WORRIED ABOUT HIS SPOILAGE! This is too fantastic!

FnJ;FWEA;JFNA;FNAEW;FNA;FNEW;fn; BABBETT WAXES THE WILLY

This is so fucking awesome! Like, the world has been righted and everything is perfect! Friday night dinners and carrots and Emily teaching Lorelai to cook and now her mother is in her life and Luke made it happen and just NFJK;ANFAJNFA;W!

You’re amazing, truly, you are. This was glorious! And so much fun and satisfying to read!
goldnox chapter 6 . 12/25/2016

I MEAN YEAH LOGAN GOOD LOGAN GREAT RORY GREAT LORELAI BUT LUKE SAI S
goldnox chapter 5 . 12/25/2016
Oh man! Look at Emily go! This is fantastic!

Awwwww Emily and Rory are cute! I know you hate Emily but I really love her

NFANJDANADNFAFNAFNDFLKNAFDNSLAKF

SHES WEARING A HAIRNET. AND HE JUST MADE VIGOROUS LOVE TO HER DASUGHTER.

VIGOROUS.

IM DONE. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE BETTER THAN THIS!
goldnox chapter 4 . 12/25/2016
I just . . . there are no fucking words.

Rory drives down twice a week to study at Luke’s? I cannot handle this.

Good GOD Lorelai and Luke are cute!

ROFLMAO! HE’S MIXING IN VITAMINS WITH HER GUMMY BEARS?

HA! YESSSSSS! EMILY IS GOING TO WORK AND I CAN’T GET TO THE NEXT CHAPTER FAST ENOUGH!
goldnox chapter 3 . 12/25/2016
OMFG ROFLMAO WTF KIRK?!

FUCK YEAH! Luke’s rant about owning the diner and the power it gives him over Emily is EPIC!

LOLOLOLOOLOLOL MR. DANES TO YOU, BITCH!

JESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS GURL YOU FUCKING NAILED EMILY GILMORE! LIKE, I CAN SEE THE EYE ROLL!

Not only is Emily’s assessment of Lorelai spot on, but YOURS is!

OMFG LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HE HAS A SEPARATE MENU FOR OUT OF TOWNERS OH MY GOD

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO BUDDY! I’M CURIOUS TO SEE IF SHE’S GOING TO SHOW UP TOO!

*spastically clicks next chapter*
goldnox chapter 2 . 12/25/2016
BITCH GET OUT!

Sorry. HI! Starting ch 2 . . . NOW BITCH, GET OUT!

WOW! IT’S SO COLD IN THAT DINER, I NEED A COAT JUST READING!

LOL Lane’s expression is so awesome! And WTF is up with Emily?

Awwww that was a nice kiss

LOL Mountain man special!

AHHHHHHHH! THAT WAS SO COOL! Lorelai is such a badass! And she is super duper fucking cute in this! And I agree with Luke: she took that surprisingly well, but I’m so not complaining.