Reviews for Harry Potter and the Lightning Lord
TheRationalist314 chapter 39 . 6/15
An extremely inconsistent story… It features a rather bizarre attempt at a ‘grey Harry’ in which he’s a bigot but is against bigotry who spews half-baked (at best) rants which go against things he himself has said earlier in the story.

The syntactical mistakes are numerous and severe. Adding that to the poor characterisation has resulted in this being the first fan story I’ve committed to reading where I haven’t made it to the end. I always try to — and have previously always managed to — read the whole thing before forming an opinion. With this story, I was over half way through and had to concede I’d been battling for many chapters and could no longer continue.

If you, like me, find yourself interested in the basic conceit of this tale then be warned that you may struggle to see the payoff (assuming it comes).
ruth hammond chapter 48 . 6/14
This leaves so much to think about. I look at our country and what is happening and wonder, so much evil and our officials are either ignoring it or pushing it, , if it works out as I fear it might, I hope we are prepared.
ironhair chapter 51 . 6/14
Cheers. Ty
moaning-myrtl3 chapter 44 . 6/14
Anyone else trying to figure out/questioning if snakes have penises? No? Just me? Cause like how the heck is the snake going to f*ck Umbitch?
ruth hammond chapter 44 . 6/13
I often think there are some things wrong with the constitution, such as cruel and unusual punishment, but then some idiot would go too far and with the wrong punishment for the wrong crime and all Hell would break loose. But then we have got to find a way to get the point across, CHILD ABUSE IS NOT RIGHT! It's bad enough with adults but an adult better able to deal with it, or at least they have a better chance to survive...oh, come on, any and all abuse/torture is wrong and may be should just make it a Capital crime with one year to get your appeals in and then carry out the punishment. BTW, Thank you for bringing this to the fore, too many people think that it is out of fiction books and not real...baloney.
moaning-myrtl3 chapter 32 . 6/13
I quite enjoyed how you took care of Luna’s bullies.
moaning-myrtl3 chapter 28 . 6/13
I still dont understand how Harry comes from Hadrian. Shouldn’t it be Haddy instead? I dont mean to be critical and I understand that there’s only a handful of longer names where Harry could be considered a person’s nickname but Hadrian? Really?
ruth hammond chapter 43 . 6/13
Interesting change with the attack on the Mer people! I like the way that you switch parts of the cannon that have been over used and came up with something else the change the boredom factor, good work!
ironhair chapter 34 . 6/13
Good AN

Ignore the trolls
ruth hammond chapter 41 . 6/13
{Lost my keyboard...buried under junk that I"m trying to go through and save some and dump lots more.} I do love your ANs...they are fun and informative, they also give insight into you as the author...that is important because it helps understand the story! Poor Harry and Daphne. I realize that it is late in the story development, but maybe they need to get married now and not wait. They would be able to sleep together [stress relief], they would have an apartment together [more stress relief], they would not have as many people bugging them for social events [dances], Daphne would have better handle of Harries mental stress. [A thought]
moaning-myrtl3 chapter 18 . 6/12
Damn. This story turned dark as fuck very quickly. There’s quite a difference between “mature and sexual scenes” and “sexual assault and rape scenes. As an author, you never know who is reading your stories and may be triggered by a past experience. An authors note would’ve been handy in the beginning of this chapter.
moaning-myrtl3 chapter 13 . 6/12
I find it odd that you would write that other people couldn’t see the Thestrals especially since a vast majority of the school saw Harry kill a troll in front of them. Also, why would Neville be able to see them? His parents were never killed by the Avada curse; they were tortured with the Cruciatus curse.
ruth hammond chapter 34 . 6/11
Let me start with the statement the I am a retired AP[Advanced Placement} writing teacher and I love your writings I wish that I had had you in my class to counter the dunder head you have "reviewing" your stories. Reminds me of some I had in my classes and thought they were geniuses...BAH! If you can figure out how to mark him as spam and just the idiot instead of trying to get an ulcer. It will never learn or stop as long as you keep trying respond to it. Hope my spelling, grammar and writing is correct, my eyesiight is not doing well tonight. I happen to enjoy your writing and know that there are others who also enjoy...keep up the good writing. THANK YOU!
ironhair chapter 28 . 6/11
I never understand why people leave negative, name calling reviews. Horrible.

Your story is a nice read, ty :)
ironhair chapter 20 . 6/10
Good explanation for the animagus transformation :)
4,314 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »