Reviews for The Law
Pteaset chapter 3 . 5/22
So good
Pteaset chapter 1 . 5/22
hannahly100523 chapter 13 . 5/18
Danggg... It would have been better if the story is longer. But overall, the story was 'more than satisfactory' and I really really love it!
Gina chapter 4 . 4/18
Notice that none of the old men who passed the law must also follow it?
Freddie Rindklip chapter 13 . 4/6
Freddie Rindklip chapter 1 . 4/6
Nice start to the fic
at-nightfall chapter 13 . 10/27/2020
Dear Author, thank you for writing this story. I think you can do better than this.
For a good novel on the theme, read Marion Zimmer Bradley's "Darkover Landfall".
My issues with your story:
- there is no conflict in the story, even for the situations where I would expect it.
- it feels like the conflict and resolution parts of your story got censored out, so there is less than Disney leaves of a Grimms' Fairy Tale.
some other items:
- I would not expect the Law to go nearly unnoticed for several month, especially as some girls are aware of it during the summer vacations. (Additionally there is some conflicting information about that in your early chapters.)
- I would expect a push to change the Law toward the 16 to 60 age range (or even 17 to 70), depending on how long witches stay fertile.
- I would not expect the Law to be unmade that fast.
- you reuse the first names to early (and yes, that _is_ a cultural issue. They are in the UK, not in the US. Being from Northern Germany I am used to first names being used a unique identifier, so you don't use a name from the grandparents generation in the current generation, only one from the grand grandparents generation or later. We managed that with one exception, but I am not sure my brother remembers the great aunt.)

Regards
k9angel chapter 13 . 8/21/2020
This is the way the dreaded epilogue should have been! Excellent story. I enjoy the style of writing and have been reading multiple stories by this author.
miguel.puentedejesus chapter 1 . 7/23/2020
Un Fantástico Comienzo ¡
Me Encanto
stevem1 chapter 13 . 5/10/2020
This type of law is distasteful and isn’t even smart as the exact same effect could be voluntarily achieved with tax and other incentives.

Still, it was well written.
HoneyBear84 chapter 13 . 4/30/2020
Guest chapter 2 . 3/28/2020
Lol
Concolor44 chapter 13 . 1/22/2020
A little over four hundred births seems AWFULLY low to me. But, hey, you do you.