Reviews for Mahal's Chosen: The Tale Of Vili
dojoson41 chapter 2 . 7/3/2018
Nice to see something about Villi
Random salrith chapter 2 . 7/2/2018
Welcome back! It's been a while. I'm so happy that you are updating again, I thought you would never finish this. As for the story, I hope you will shed a better light on Dis in future chapters because she seemed adorable in chapter one, but right now she has just behaved like a spoiled brat. Poor Vili. I can't wait for the next update. Thanks for the new chapter!
The Cajun Phoenix chapter 1 . 6/7/2017
Vili definitely has his hands full trying to get his customers to focus on him for his tailoring abilities and not just on his blond hair and beard. It doesn't help that Vili resorts to dying his hair and beard with the lydnleaf dye just to get the customers to pay attention to his wares and not just his hair and beard.

Dis really knows how to turn on the charm and also helps lighten Vili's mood when she comes in for a new cloak and dress since the nasty weather ruined her things. Still, she has no idea of the effect she and Vili have on each other as this story progresses.

I wonder if Dis's brother Thorin is mean to their brother Frerin because Frerin might also have blond hair.

Here's to the beginnings of the romance between Vili and Dis. Hopefully she can see Vili without his hair dye at a later point, perhaps away from Thorin's creepy eyes.
wockerjabi chapter 1 . 11/27/2016
What a captivating vignette! It makes the reader curious about the identity of the unnamed lady. I love that she has ethics. We can be pretty sure that she is one of the "good guys" based on that alone.

Also a highlight is Vili's utter awkwardness. He's adorable.

It'll be interesting to see where the story goes with the concept of "Mahal's chosen." It feels important, given that it was introduced, but didn't play into the scene. Incidentally, is there any crossover into the dwarves' treatment of humans? For example, would they be superstitious about killing a human slave if he was blonde (or is the point moot since most humans from Esgaroth and Rhovanion are dark-haired)?