Reviews for Just a Clip
tallsunshine12 chapter 1 . 12/10/2020
This was laugh-out-loud hysterical! I almost had to blow my nose! I could see that Hogan's men didn't want to break Klink's perfect record of no successful escapes. That record still stands!

On a serious note, I agree with you that reviews warm the cockles. I've been waiting for 24 hours now for my second review on a story I love. So many (60) have visited it and yet only one review. No one can know the need of a writer for affirmation. Maybe just a little thank you or pat on the back. Anyway, here's hoping!

Great job! I wonder what happens to the Rats now. Will they help Hogan win the war his way?
snowleopard13 chapter 1 . 11/11/2017
First off I like this scene for a story that could be really good. I like how the Rats try to escape but Hogan’s men stop the action and only Dietrich notices the act were stop mostly because of the prisoners and not the guards. I know the Rats would have taken advantage of the lax guards and the first opportunity to get away so with Dietrich not watching them would have been a good time to make a break for it. Hogan’s men would do anything to keep Klink’s no successful escape record intact so if a man needs to sneak up on the roof to take out the tires with a gun then anything could happen in this crazy place they call a POW camp. Now, I’d like to know where this is going since Klink ask Dietrich to stay and help him with understanding these new prisoners.

My questions would be why is Dietrich with the Rats at a POW camp away from Africa? Prisoner escort isn’t normally Dietrich position unless there is some reason for it. We know that Stalag 13 is the toughest POW camp in all of Germany at least the Germans think it is inescapable so the reason to put our Rats there. Where do you plan to go with this story? If Dietrich is very observant our favorite German could get into a bit of trouble with Hogan if he starts nosing around Hogan’s business too much.

Now, you can do a lot with this scene to make it work with the Rat Patrol and Hogan’s Heroes which all depends what you have in mind for our boys (Rats and Heroes) and our favorite German (Dietrich).

Hope your still think about writing something on this story even though it almost been a year. I like long stories especially with Dietrich.
Hoganfan chapter 1 . 8/23/2017
Very nice start. I'm looking forward to what you do next.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2017
Intriguing. Is Klink really an idiot in this one. Liked the way Dietrich noticed Hogans total and effortless control of the non_rat prisoners.
Lawrence Lay chapter 1 . 4/20/2017
Can you do a Rat Patrol Space 1999 crossover? With Mayas enemies, the Dorcons involved. A time travel back to ww2 of course.
Al chapter 1 . 4/20/2017
Please! Continue! Back story, too! Sounds like lots of fun!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2017
Myself and I think pray that you finish or add this before too very long? Please!

kiyone4ever chapter 1 . 3/22/2017
An interesting story. I do have a little trouble with the Patrol being that rash. They aren't out in the desert where they can just vanish behind a dune They're deep in 'Indian Country' and would be best advised to get the lay of the land first.
Lilbear chapter 1 . 3/6/2017
Is that all? I hate left being insupense!
Tiny1217 chapter 1 . 2/1/2017
Interesting! Although, I really think it would be great if you added to this. It certainly seems to have an open ending.
L. E. Wigman chapter 1 . 1/8/2017
Write this, please! I will get on my hands and knees to beg, if I have to! I Rat pack is a great show (that should have had more seasons) and pairing it up with Hogan's Heroes was just brilliant. I must have the rest of this story. :D
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 1/3/2017
I wouldn't call this "dumping" by any means. I thought the snippet was good enough to make me want to read more. (although, I'm not too familiar with Rat Patrol, I get the gist.). Question I would love to see answered...how did they get captured in the first place? Lots of things to like here. First...the POW up on the roof shooting out the tires to prevent the escape. That's a scenario I haven't seen. The prose being from Dietrich's POV. The wounded and the dead up the ante here. And I appreciate Hogan's change of tone. I would like more of an explanation as to why they sent them together to a POW camp. IMO, separating them would seem more likely so they wouldn't work together. Obviously, you want them all in Stalag 13. Perhaps you can expand on that premise a bit. In addition, in the beginning of the chapter, you immediately have Hogan turning towards the Patrol. Neither he nor the reader (at this point) knows what you mean. (am I making sense?) Well, I do because the it's a Rat Patrol crossover. Maybe change the wording to have Hogan see the men, with a description of how they look. I also was not sure how many men were captured. All in all, a great beginning and I hope you choose to write the full story.
Firefall chapter 1 . 12/28/2016
Great story. It seems the patrol feels the whole camp of prisoners are traitors as they (prisoners) are what stopped their escape. Troy would certainly expect the prisoners are complacent at the least since it took him only minutes to be heading out the gate and the prisoners have been here for who knows how long. Please continue this story.
Merry Dancer chapter 1 . 12/6/2016
I'd certainly encourage you to pursue this crossover story. The trick may be to get the anti-Nazi slapstick humour of Hogan's Heroes without compromising the humanity of either the HH or Rat Patrol characters, including Hauptmann Dietrich and Col Klinck. You write very well and I'm already wondering how this plot may play out. Good suspense re who the "traitor" might be or whether one even exists. Thanks for sharing your clip.
tullyfan chapter 1 . 12/4/2016
some of your phrasing was perfect: "a petulant whine". all at once things feel "off" troy and Hogan don't seem to be at ease with each other, which would probably play FUTURE ROLE IF THIS STORY IS TO BE EXPANDED (ignore caps) Even Dietrich is in the story., and he immediately advises Klinck to put extra guards as the guys " are taken to the famous cooler. It didn't take the guys long to try to escape. I haven't figured out the traitor angle My only objection is that all 4 Rat Patrol guys aren't involved in the story, but I hope they would all when the story continues. I did like the story line, however and would like to see a beginning and an end to this plot in the future.