Reviews for Dragon's Eyes
Ice on Fire chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
A vivid and beautifully written piece. Short and to the point, which is exactly what it needed to be. At the same time, it's rich with detail, fleshing out the main character, her village, and her village's culture.
Iliya Moroumetz chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
Hmm, an untapped aspect of the story as a whole. I like it.

Serena seems like the type that could raise Rydia by herself. Ready and willing to sacrifice all for the sake of she whom means everything to herself. And an extra good thing was finding out how Rydia disliked Cocktrice eggs, just like a child with their least favorite vegtable.

Also, it fits into the story perfectly, concerning Rydia I mean. She still doesn't know how to cast fire spells and she still doesn't know how until later.

Now, for some constructive comments... gee, what to say? Since it's such a small fic, there's so much one could say, but I don't know. I did like the fic, but I'm not sure how it could be better. Other that the obvious 'more detail, longer story needed, etc etc' stuff, which you've already taken care of, I see nothing much to change. Well done.
seventhe chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
i'm real hard to please with FF4 fiction (i'm a big nerd when it comes to that game). but i loved this! very, very good for a 1-ch fic.
Themis56 chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
Hey Kitt! It's great to see that you've got a new piece out, and about FFIV of all things! JOY.

This was a very nice fic; I liked it a lot. The characterizations of little Rydia and Serena were vivid and well-done, and this gives much more meaning and insight to the scene in the game. And your writing skills continue to improve with every fic you write! ;) A top-notch job, m'dear, top notch. The incest thing was interesting...that wacky handbook! It is now up to Rydia to break this goofy tradition; preferably by settling down with a certain Ninja...;p
DJ Akane chapter 1 . 2/9/2003
I love how you expanded on the game in this story and added depth to a very minor (yet important) character in the game. If only more fic writers were like this...
Lirillith chapter 1 . 2/8/2003
Wonderful work as always, Kitt. I love the amount of thought and development put into the superstitions and the practice of magic. Solid characterization for Serena and Rydia, and it's the perfect explanation/reasoning for what we see in the game.