Reviews for A Variant Thread
TheBeatOfWar chapter 4 . 3/26
Uh oh. Simon knows now. I was runnin'!

Good chapter.
(I'm out of ideas for reviews. Yeet)
Meetrie chapter 4 . 3/18
I really like how you improvised how you think the recruitment for being a Wizard Saint would be, it sounded realistic and I like the direction you're taking.
Cheschire-Kaat chapter 4 . 3/10

MY HEART
I CAN'T EVEN REVIEW CORRECTLY

WHAT HAvE yOU DONe
FreyjaBee chapter 4 . 3/7
Top notch, as ever. I wasn't sure I'd like Simon. I was afraid you were going to do the usual 'I love her, don't touch her' garbage, but i really like how you're working him up, giving us a view of him not through threatened Jellal's eyes but threatened Erza. It's beautiful. I (hope) Simon is turning rotten through and through. Like, the innocent kind of rotten, if that makes sense. The kind of rotten that good people turn when they're consumed by obsession. They're not bad per se, but when dumped into a circumstance where they long for something they can't have, they turn mean.

I'm really stoked for this.

Ultear. Meddling Ultear. I can't wait to see how things between her and Jellal go. Im also pumped Jellal's made some leaps and bounds. Again, his rapport with Erza was stellar.

Rock on. Until next time.

Soawksahm chapter 4 . 3/7
Such a sweet beginning and such a foreboding ending. I loved the teasing/flirting, it felt very much like how I imagine he would be with her without the guilt holding him back. I'm curious to see how you handle Ultear. how long has she been watching him? had she tried other times to get into his mind? we're they ever with brain together and he wasn't aware? she's such a dangerous woman when she wants to be. loved the chapter!
Reading compliments between Freyja and worldslinger (my two fave JerZa heroes) on each other's works puts the icing on the cake. Would it be too much to ask for a collab between the two of you?
FreyjaBee chapter 3 . 3/7
Sigh. I love Laxus, too. In all of this asshole glory. Hell. Be still my heart.

THANK YOU for not making Erza all powerful right off the get-go. She's young and naive and full of pride. You did a marvelous, MARVELOUS job capturing that.

I'm really liking the dynamic between Jellal and Erza. Like, a lot. It's perfect. Made me smile the whole time. You're right, your fluff does come naturally, and again, I will say that it's sweet without making my teeth rot. Magnifique.

Wonderful job. I'm sad that there's only one more chapter for me to read as of yet, but I will wait. Impatiently I'm sure.

-Freyja
this story is one of the best I've ever read. Your writing style is incredible and it's always enjoyable to read something of yours!
I love how you weave canon details to fit in this universe. Erza being S Class at 15 then Jellal being a Wizard Saint at 16. Loving how you chart their progress both in their careers and relationship. I do dread what's in store for our dear Heavenly Body Mage now that Ultear is in the scenario. Til your next uPdate!
Pi pi m chapter 4 . 3/7
Thanks for the update keep it up
FreyjaBee chapter 2 . 3/7
I don't know... I kinda like Simon. I'm a sucker for unrequited love. It's so unfortunate that some scab soured you to him. On the other hand, it is because of that sourness that I'm eager to see what you have in store for Simon and thusly for Erza and Jellal.

Your portrayal of kind-of-cocky Jellal is fantastic. I love that he's turning into the badass that we Jellal fans love despite the absence of the events of the TOH arc.

Very secretly, I have a thing for Sorano. I hope we see more of her before this is done, though I know she won't be 'in focus'.

I once wrote a story called The Demon in Me. I re-wrote it as Lie with the Devil. It's a Miraxus. Anyway, I thought it was funny that this story and my story have very similar elements. Like, in my story, Laxus was training at Raven Tail and his father was destroying his letters to Mira because of 'attachments'

Great minds, my friend, think alike.

Great job! Until next time!

FreyjaBee chapter 1 . 3/6
...Surprise!

Our conversation brought me here, obviously. And I'm in love. This is awesome, and no matter how sporadic the updates, I will read. (My reading may be sporadic as well because sadly, I seem to write more than read these days...)

Anyway, as I said, it was fantastic and sweet without making my teeth rot, and bloody without being too gross and

lovely.

I look forward to chapter two!

-Freyja
I binge and re-read every single one of your works. Thanks for giving justice to this couple. You write so beautifully it's almost painful. Please keep em coming. :)
Soawksahm chapter 3 . 2/7
I have to say, your Simon is starting to make me nervous. He's being a bit of a creeper. And Oh! that kiss was so sweet. They are so adorable!
Soawksahm chapter 2 . 2/7
When he found her I lost my breath with him haha. So long without any word would be so painful. Poor Simon, it's not easy loving someone who doesn't love you back.