Reviews for Mistletoe Waltz
amber.580 chapter 1 . 2/15/2018
Awww! This was really cute. I have no idea why I have a lump in my throat (totally not crying because Maria is), but this is a great story
sue92178 chapter 1 . 1/3/2017
So sweet!
augiesannie chapter 1 . 12/25/2016
Oh, this was lovely! I really got caught up in the holiday excitement, and then the slowly building warmth and affection between M&G, leading to their awkward encounter. It was clever having Liesl play a role that was part-Elsa part-Reverend Mother as a truth-teller And then you brought us round to "you are? you're not?" What a great finish! A wonderful story, thank you.
thoughts-of-joy-dreams-of-love chapter 1 . 12/22/2016
Beautiful! I love all the holiday details and the descriptions of the Austrian Christmas traditions. It made the setting feel very real. And I LOVED the way you repurposed the dialogue from the gazebo scene. So sweet and romantic *sigh* Great work!
twlightbella chapter 1 . 12/18/2016
Aww
Lauryn Vi chapter 1 . 12/18/2016
This was just such a rich and lovely Christmas gem - I loved the progression of the warm and happy feast to the angst and tension after the Captain loses his control, Maria's indignation on behalf of the children, and of course, the sweet ending.

Loved how G and M are so oblivious to their attraction that the children decided to take matters into their own hands - and LOVED that scene where they devised the perfect timing to get G and M under the mistletoe together.

And that necklace scene? Just perfect - gentle and seductive.
bloomandgrow chapter 1 . 12/17/2016
What a beautiful story. I loved how you created an atmosphere with all the joy and happiness and excitement of Christmas as a backdrop to the scene.
Lovely to see the children being so proactive in getting G and M together.

Oh and that gift from the Captain - could it be more appropriate and beautiful? He must have put a lot of thought into getting something so perfect.

I felt sorry for the Captain in the story even as I felt cross with him - he can be his own worst enemy sometimes and so blind. I enjoyed Liesl trying to make him see more clearly.

Nice that the Reverend Mother was so wise and could see the destiny of these two even if they couldn't see it themselves.

What a lovely, perfectly romantic Christmas ending. Thank you. Merry Christmas.
Cal89 chapter 1 . 12/17/2016
I loved this story! It was so sweet and thoughtful that Georg bought Maria a delicate gold cross to replace her big clunky one. I loved the part where Maria complained that Georg couldn't even bring himself to give her a peck on the cheek. Loved how the children played matchmakers! Thank you!
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 1 . 12/17/2016
Wonderful.
Love the way you set this up, with her staying on past the summer rather than changing when she arrived there in the first place. The flashbacks were lovely, and I loved how the first one was from her perspective and the second was from his.
The children not simply setting the mistletoe in place, but organising the dance and then bumping the gramophone so Maria and Georg would get caught.
LOVE Maria telling Georg he should be calling her 'Fraulein' when he came down and found her crying, and how that led to their declaration of love in re-purposed gazebo scene quotes.
A beautiful holiday piece.
Mie779 chapter 1 . 12/16/2016
what a fabulous Christmas story... LOVED it... how sweet that the children wanted them to kiss under the mistletoe... and love how you reused the words from the gazebo in the end ;) great work...
Sara K M chapter 1 . 12/16/2016
Hi there.

I like the fact that you made reference to what happened to Elsa in the flashbacks as well as Maria's conversation with the RM. It makes what's happening in the story easier to understand and more realistic.

Love how the children band together to try to play matchmaker. I can see them doing that if Maria and Georg dragged their feet for too long on admitting their feelings to each other.

Like how everything doesn't become "easy" after they almost kiss, because they're still operating under misconceptions. (Maria that Georg could never be interested in a servant, and Georg that Maria is still planning on becoming a nun.

Love how Georg apologized to the children and tried to comfort Maria.

The ending was perfect.
eve1993 chapter 1 . 12/16/2016
I'm correcting exams at the moment and this is the only distraction I will have today. Oh I've been waiting for this story! I love how you involved the children into it as well, pity that their plan didn't work at first though. haha The amount of angst in this story was perfect, I can't handle too much angst as you know, especially not while correcting exams. :p Will definitely read it again when I have some more time again.