Reviews for Here Lies Everything I Loved
Aoife Miranda chapter 1 . 5/2/2017
This was wonderful! I watched a movie of this musical being performed at the Paper Mill Playhouse and really enjoyed it. I thought Jeremy Stolle's performance as Jehan was so compelling and moving despite it being so short. I loved how you expounded on the relationship between the two brothers here and how well you tied it in with Claude's backstory. That part of the musical - and your story - were so heartbreaking.

The brothers loved each other, but both wanted different things out of life and eventually paid for getting what they wanted, but in different ways. Your description of Jehan passing on in peace, as though sleeping, was particularly heartwrenching. He passed on under the impression that his brother would care for his son and love him as his own when the outcome turned out so different - and devastatingly so. It makes me wonder what Jehan would say to Claude were they to reunite in the afterlife (if there is one). And what would father and son say to each other? I would love for you to make that into a fic if you were interested!

Anyway, thank you for writing this beautiful story!
villains-doitbetter chapter 1 . 1/13/2017
God, I LOVED the musical! Saw it at La Jolla Playhouse, brought me to tears. Patrick Page and Lucas Coleman as the Claude and Jehan were perfect, so you can tell it's their faces I'm seeing when I read this. Don't know why the fandom hasn't seemed to embrace the stage version yet despite what a great work it was. This was a great rendering of the brothers and if you write anymore Hunchback stuff, I'll give 'em a read!