Reviews for Fairytale of Arcadia Bay
Hithilion chapter 1 . 2/5
A really nice and sweet addition. Thank you.
timespacemugen chapter 1 . 7/29/2017
A little sad thst this is the last entry for the ril-verse but i get how you would want to leave the story at a good point especislly if no good inspirstion comes along. The frozen reference was a good touch and the ending where max leaves for christmas felt like it will open up a whole new possibility for them.
P.S. Sorry for your 2016 maybe you've had a better first half of 2017.
Alpenwolf chapter 1 . 4/23/2017
I don't know what I should feel, now that I'm reading this piece 4 months after you published it. Four freaking months! I simply didn't notice that you had new pieces online, bad Alpi, bad, bad.

As usual I liked the story and your writing style, I even loved the part how Chloe simply loves Frozen (which is definitely a good movie!) and would like to bed both of the sisters. Chloe, bad girl of Arcadia Bay, loving a Disney movie. Oh, how your reputation would sink if they knew it, but I can totally see her loving it. It simply fits, doesn't it?
Supagreg chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Wow I just noticed now thaat you posted something new
And I always be confused with time travels xD
But hey I read it two time and slowly I get it. I love your detailed descriptions of the scenes. I don't know why but as it come to this things I am sooo bad. I am not a man of big words or long descriptions
Theodur chapter 1 . 12/27/2016
Wow, this was an interesting and unexpected surprise. :) I think I said so in my Riotgirl review that the final chapter left me feeling a bit conflicted whether I really liked that twist or not, so already, I'm going into this story on that conflicting premise. Also, the story from Max's POV kinda assumes that Max is entitled to feel wronged by Chloe and that Chloe has something to apologize for, and I just don't really feel that way. Sure, Chloe might have reacted a little more gracefully, but putting myself in her shoes, I'd probably reacted the same. I think most people would. But yeah, this is from Max's perspective and I understand that she would feel like the whole universe has it in for her. If there's anything Chloe has to apologize, it's for reading her diary.

But even going in on a conflicting premise (for me at least) the story itself is really, really good! It's not super sweet, even if it has its fair share of sweet moments. It feels real. There's no one single thing that flips the switch and forces Max to suddenly feel differently. She processes her feelings gradually, like normal and real people do. And I particularly love the ending because they DON'T go back to Chloe's place to spend Christmas together. It might be the boring responsible adult thing to do, but it shows certain maturation that bodes well for the future.

I also enjoyed all the Frozen references. That movie is becoming like a classic Christmas staple for me. And now I have to wonder if you're setting up a LiS/Frozen crossover... :P

Anyway, great story! Loved it.
zykelator chapter 1 . 12/26/2016
Well this was a neat follow-up to the sudden ending of Riotgrrls. If this indeed is final chapter for this story, it sure does it justice.
wtf chapter 1 . 12/23/2016
Chloe was again thrown into the city-dump. Yeah, great Christmas.
angelo13 chapter 1 . 12/24/2016
What an amazing Christmas gift. 3

Hope you have wonderful holidays.
Grim T Reaper chapter 1 . 12/24/2016
This was very nicely done, though i think i might have to reread the first two oneshots that lead into Riotgrrls, just to refresh.

I thought it was pretty cute how they were both saying they'd have a shot at Elsa and Anna, I'm pretty sure Anna is straight, but Elsa? That's up in the air :P

Merry christmas Lyta, hope you have a good one. :)
LonesomeBard chapter 1 . 12/23/2016
Well, it seems Christmas came early this year. :)

This story certainly is quite befitting for the spirit of Christmas. You start with a bereft situation and slowly start to work your way up to a happy solution, or at least a prospect of one. I can actually see some confluences to Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life. Max is disillusioned and in mourning of a life that now seems lost to her. Even if you don't say it in so many words, and Max herself doesn't appear to realize or admit it, she is in fact in mourning of Chloe who "died" with the world that Max built up in her coma.

Luckily the real Chloe, despite all of her flaws, does in the end have the ability to take her head out of her ass and try to make amends, and in return help Max take her head out of her own ass in return. In a way, their bonding is a reimagination of the high note ending of Max's nightmare scene in Ep5 of the game.

This story gives the much needed high note ending to Riotgrrls and a promise of a better future.

Thanks for the shoutout and for the early "Christmas present"! I wish you happy holidays and a better new year!
Nexium01 chapter 1 . 12/23/2016
Nothing is clear, and read other works, I have no desire.
rowanred81 chapter 1 . 12/23/2016
This was beautiful and sad at all the same time. I loved how Max was having to get to know Chloe all over again, and how the other timeline kinda pulled them together! Great story!