Reviews for White Sheep
Taranodongirl1 chapter 13 . 3/1
Hey, I heard about this thing going on where Fanfic authors are deleting their stories because people have been downloading and selling them as books. Please do not delete this story! It’s really good and I love reading fanfics and I love saving them for text to speech apps like Speechify.
Waki Paki chapter 103 . 2/27
Had to come back and check, but yeah the story seemed to forget about Pyrrha's interest in Jaune, huh? I mean the entire second arc of the story was prompted by Pyrrha saying that she loved Jaune right before what would've been her death, then being kidnapped and stuck in the tower for a long time. That never gets resolved - she never makes a comment about being over him, Salem doesn't demand that they get together since she's already made her feelings clear, and frankly Pyrrha gets mentioned very little in these last couple chapters. It's like the author forgot about her. It's an unresolved thread.
Waki Paki chapter 104 . 2/27
Finally done. I'm a fan of the mega happy ending, I admit.
This story has many problems, and I did skip a lot, but at least it ended happily.
Waki Paki chapter 97 . 2/27
FINALLY we get to see Jaune doing something intelligent, clever, and meaningful.
Waki Paki chapter 87 . 2/27
Basically, the main character is a man baby, and the story and all his friends and family know it, and treat him like such. I've talked about my problems with the pacing and miscommunication in this story, but honestly the fact that the MC lacks so many aspirational qualities is what really sucks.
Waki Paki chapter 86 . 2/27
I mean, cool reunion moment and all, but the problem is right where Salem calls it - Jaune isn't the brains of a relationship. He needs women around him to tell him to shut up and do stuff because he can't manage on his own. The protagonist of the story is henpecked and can't actually solve problems, instead *causing* them and having to rely on the others to fix them. The story has shown it time and time again how Jaune creates some many issues and someone else takes charge to try resolving them. And that kind of behavior is not what you want in your Hero.
Waki Paki chapter 83 . 2/27
Leaving this review here as more of a note for myself - THIS is the chapter where almost everything gets explained between the relevant parties.
Waki Paki chapter 70 . 2/20
Amazing with so many changes that things still came out about the same. Amazing in an annoying way. What the hell is the point of a fanfiction that takes over 400k words to arrive at the same point with just a few people in different places?
Waki Paki chapter 61 . 2/20
Breezed over the last 5 chapters. At this point, I think I'm going to start skipping a few chapters ahead until things really pick up.
Waki Paki chapter 46 . 2/19
It feels like the last 10 chapters were basically just drama about who's going to go to the dance with Jaune and people continually failing to communicate.

Coeur is a good writer in many ways, but a lot of his fics suffer from being drawn out, usually by containing a lot of good character interactions that nonetheless leave me saying "Get on with it already!"

I'm about ready to start skipping entire chapters so I can get to the part where Jaune's secret finally comes out or people finally take 5 minutes to clarify things with everyone around them.
Waki Paki chapter 41 . 2/19
The author's note is very true. All of the misunderstandings. Honestly, it's only funny up to a point and then I just get frustrated. Such poor communication is usually the thing that gets fixed in a fanfiction to solve problems, and it annoys me how so many adults fail to just take two minutes and speak clearly and confirm unambiguous understanding.
Waki Paki chapter 29 . 2/19
I'm enjoying the story, but it's too god damned slow. 800k words is longer than the lord of the rings, and I'd really just like to get on with things. Reviews saying it gets grindy in the middle had me overestimate how long that would take. Only on chapter 29 now and I'm already starting to skim it.
neo117ifuckinghatentr chapter 104 . 2/7
good show
Vorthod chapter 84 . 1/23
Never thought I'd see the day where the Jacques-Willow situation would be resolved not by Willow becoming more involved, but by Jacques deciding she had the right idea.
Vorthod chapter 59 . 1/22
I feel like he could probably tell cinder without mentioning Pyrrha. "You're on the shortlist of potential inheritors, and I am trusted enough to put in a recommendation, but you need to make a good showing of combat potential if you want that to be taken seriously."
Now whether or not Cinder will accept being handed the power and will just drop everything she worked for just on the assumption that her screw-up of a brother will pull through for her is another matter entirely, but still...
12,971 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »