Reviews for The Many Means of Uselessness
Kelsey441 chapter 1 . 4/18
Oh, that was intense. Very well done. That pain is just so awful.
anon chapter 1 . 2/8/2017
This is so heart-wrenching in the best way possible! Hope that there's a pre/sequel for this story. I like your writing a lot, delicate and promising (:
WeasleyIsMyKing540 chapter 1 . 1/6/2017
Omg you got me in my feelings! I'm over here crying and everything! This has very good and very well written I loved it!
Keeperofthemoon0 chapter 1 . 1/2/2017
What an awesome glimpse into Draco and Ginny's life. The loss of the baby and the loss of each other was written fabulously. Great job!
idreamofdraco chapter 1 . 12/29/2016
Oh. Oh my. This was just so sad and lovely and touching. Not a Christmas story I expected to read, but I appreciate reading it all the more for that. My family's cat passed away on Christmas Eve after being with us for 17 years, and while an old cat is not equivalent to a baby, I really really understand Draco's and Ginny's sense of loss here. The expectation of spending the holiday with their child and the constant reminders that that expectation will remain unrealized is tragic, but I'm so glad that Ginny finally sees that Draco is there for her and suffering with her. Ara the kitten will bring a sad kind of joy to their lives as they learn to live with their loss. You write beautifully, and you tackled this story beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing.
Boogum chapter 1 . 12/28/2016
This was a sad, reflective sort of piece, so I'm glad it ended on a nice note. I got the feeling Ginny had a miscarriage. Definitely a heart-breaking thing to happen (it's past 2am here, so apologies if you explicitly stated and I was just dumb enough to miss that).

Anyway, this was a very 'real' piece, if that makes sense. The emotions were quite tangible and there was a more mature air to the story. Not a bad thing. I liked this.
Anise chapter 1 . 12/26/2016
SO great! SO memorable! Thank you so much for this great fic. :) What a wonderful portrayal of Draco, Ginny, and their relationship. There's so much unsaid, and I think that works much better in this narrative than spelling everything out. We know just enough about everything that's outside of the narrative for the conflict and resolution to make sense, enough to know that this was a fracture point in their relationship, one that could have been irrevocable... if they didn't BOTH choose to come back together and help each other. And, of course, they do make that choice, and it's believable. I hope you post this on FIA after we re-open on Jan 7th!

Also, I want a Russian Blue kitten. A lot. :) Could you post one? I guess it probably doesn't work like that. ;)
dwellingindreams chapter 1 . 12/26/2016
This is tragically beautiful. I love it! Wonderful writing.
weasleyfire chapter 1 . 12/26/2016
This was amazing. Sad, yes, but so well written and such depth to the characters. Felt very real! Lovely job
Maya-nii chapter 1 . 12/25/2016
Ah! I totally forgot that the PM option robs all formatting from text. Some of the emphasis do breathe more life into the narrative and characters.

The finished product does read so smoothly! :) I'm happy that you picked and chose which edits to keep, and don't worry I don't take offense to any that you decide not to. It's a great piece written from three completely unrelated words.
Desertisle chapter 1 . 12/25/2016
This was very touching. I'm guessing what transpired between them from my own experience during the festive season not so long ago. I hope you can expand on the story.,Merry Christmas. Thanks for writing the fic.