Reviews for Astrild's Restaurant
LEGENDRY chapter 2 . 12/9/2011
I like the way you made them forget the very reason they went back to the dojo in the first place. It makes them seem more realistic as characters. People forget things, especially when they get distracted by something so major and surprising as the state of the house was. I take it those girls are the only ones he’s married to, I had a brief moment where I wondered if he had any other fiancés that his father had engaged him to that might pop up unexpectedly as a wife, but it seems not. I wonder how he would handle Kodaichi, a self proclaimed fiancé being married to him and how she would have acted.

I also had a brief thought from his conversation with Cologne, that Shampoo had technically been his wife according to amazon law. They had considered it legal, and from their perspective it probably was. Yet Ranma rejected her like any other fiancé. So why so different now? A few thoughts come to mind. Still, it was an interesting thought.

I disagree with you reason for giving him an affinity with water because of his curse. Curses are debilitating by nature, and while they can have a moral benefit, they shouldn’t have ones of such a nature. The fact that water is more chaotic around him would suggest an anti-affinity.

I noticed something of a mistake in terms of the plot. If no one else who wasn’t directly involved with the wish remembers the previous state of reality then why does Akane? Being present, knowing what the wish was, and being unwilling didn’t stop Nabiki from being affected by it, so I see no valid reason why it should be any different with Akane. The fact that she wasn’t directly part of the wish like the other girls should have had her with a memory overwrite like everyone else.

How would they have convinced Genma and Happosai not to move in with them I wonder? None had the martial arts prowess to really stop Happosai and Genma would likely invite himself in without asking even if repeatedly beaten and thrown out. Now that Ranma has magic, I suspect keeping them out would be child’s play. I’m interested in hearing how they were originally kept out, and with the state of the Tendo house and Akane trying to cook, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mr. Tendo tried also.

Looking forward to see what your fight scenes are like for Ranma!
LEGENDRY chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Interesting, though if Ranma was a girl at the time wouldn’t the sword have him married accordingly. Also, he asked Nabiki to be nicer not in love with him, nor did he specify how much. Not, sure I get why Nabiki was added by the sword and wouldn’t it only be her feelings towards female Ranma that changed?

Regardless, I’m looking forward to seeing the consequences for how Akane and Gos use the book. As well as seeing their new home.
MWRANDOM chapter 4 . 12/3/2011
It is wonderful to finally see this story continued. It's been one of my favorites for a while now. Thank you.
RudyHenkel chapter 4 . 12/2/2011
Oh man, this takes me back in the best possible way. Studios Aesir and then Asynjor, you, Gregg, carrotglace, Celeste (may she rest in peace). Many enjoyable hours of my youth due to you all. I'll have to thank dogbertcarroll D

You and carrotglace are still around (the latter under a new name); any idea what's become of Gregg? Not asking for contact info, obviously, but is he alright that you know of?
WarpWizard chapter 4 . 12/2/2011
Good stuff. Feels just like the older chapters. Nice job.
Ancalador chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
Oh dear. I've run out of fingers when counting the number of ways that wish could go wrong. Anyways it's great to see you writing again. Keep up the great work
King Tarol chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
OK...so, It's fairly good, but there's one major point of confusion, and it happens right after Ranma finishes making his wish. All of a sudden, he's in some different dimension with adventurer clothes and other such gear...and then he's suddenly back, but he makes it sound at various points throughout the rest of the chapter like he was spending a lot of time in preparation.

Essentially, I feel like I missed a huge part of what's going on, and from the stuff I've read, it's uncommon for you to keep details away from your readers.

Otherwise, though, nice work.
RyoOki chapter 4 . 11/29/2011
OPens up ...sees a skysaber fic...falls over dead from shock... ANd people say I take a long time to update fics... Heh good to see you... Look foward to more in the future I hope.
dogbertcarroll chapter 4 . 11/29/2011
Woohhoooo!
Hiryo chapter 4 . 11/29/2011
Wow wow wowzamania you finally updated that grand fanfic! And thank you Dogbertcarroll for making that miracle happen!

Again I'm awed by your ressourcefullness and situation comic there! Love how Ranma's wives finally got their due and wonder how Gosunkugi fits in all that.
sandcrawlr chapter 4 . 11/29/2011
Crazy story. :) I like it. keep up the writing.
Lael Harrington chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
Good to see you back, this is a fun story and looks to be almost as entertaining to write as it is to read.
aamarkiv chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
Good to see that one of my favorite Skysaber stories has been updated, though I kind of wonder why Gosunkugi would wish to be more powerful than Ranma. He isn't engaged to Akane, so Voodoo Spike wouldn't have any animosity against him anymore and I would have thought he'd make his first wish to have Akane fall in love with him or something. Also, there's a bit of a catch-22.

If Gosunkugi's family was cursed to not be able to cast a spell correctly, wouldn't the attempt to cast a 'detect magic spell' be voided? Furthermore, mixing potions is considered an indirect way to cast a spell, so that would still count as casting a spell, since it's no different that stringing together the proper incantations as putting together the right ingredients, (which by the way, where did he get the right ingredients?)

It might have made a little more sense for Ryoga to make that 'more powerful than Ranma' wish and have Gosunkugi end up with a botched spell that still gives him his heart's desire but makes even more headaches for Akane.

Just as a suggestions from a fellow fanfic writer.
addicted2text chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
Awesome to see this continued! Even better since its a two-for and we'll be seeing more of Storybook Hero too!

As a bit of a side note, I'd forgotten just how much I'd grown to loathe Akane's character in canon...I wanted to reach out and put the spoiled brat over my knee and wail pn her the way she was so desperately asking for. Or treat her like an equal as she so often demands and kick the #### out of her.

::sigh:: This is one of the reasons I gave up on Ranma fanfiction for the most part, now that I'm more of a MGTOW I find this behavior less amusing. Of course it was you who helped open my eyes to the world with your speech to Nabiki in Mirrors Multiplied, so thanks there. Speaking of Nabiki, it will be interesting to see how she handles things should she ever break the niceness compulsion -is she capable of recognizing a good thing when she has it or will she follow her instinctive greed and hypergamy to throw Ranma over for stuff instead of happiness? And will she even know the difference before its too late?

Same for Kasumi, because you could argue her apathy hurt worse than anything else she could have done. Will she realize a good thing now that she has it?

Looking forward to seeing where you take this!
Dumbledork chapter 4 . 11/28/2011