Reviews for What Little Things Remain
wallyflower chapter 7 . 4/8/2003
Beautiful, tense chapter.
wallyflower chapter 6 . 4/8/2003
I visited . , and I laughed at the irony: right there, on the front page (because they don't call it the home page?), was "spring is in the air..". How fitting with my image of Snape the man. Snape's "lordship", as it were, in this story is a great deal more plausible than in other stories: most authors need Snape to be a Lord so that he could be rich and so Hermione could be comfortable with him. In What Little Things Remain, on the other hand, you traced the connection of Severus Snape to Snape, the real village in Britain, and by doing so you've already established Severus's background, and I just think that, well, that is so clever. :)

I also liked the brief hug in the Lovers' walk... but that's just the Romance freak in me speaking.
wallyflower chapter 5 . 4/8/2003
You made me love you a great deal more when you put in Bunter. :) Hurrah-another Sayers fan!

This chapter-the fifth-, because it was easy to follow and because it had good, solid conversations (I especially liked the Malfoy-Granger-Snape conference), is my favourite so far. The reference to “I see no difference”, which the reader clearly sees as hurtful to Hermione, was a nice touch (many of which would make romance plausible…?).

However… am I missing something? I have to wonder: why did Snape let Hermione follow him from the blacksmith’s? Knowing Malfoy, and always connecting him with Lord Voldemort, he, in my opinion, should have had enough common sense to stop Hermione from coming with him and placing herself in danger because, of course, Malfoy *would* wonder why she was with Snape, and that would lead to lying about her loyalties to her side (if, I quote, there are sides). This little oversight on Snape’s-and, a bit, on Hermione’s-part has led to a great deal of trouble that they could have done without.

Anyway, I suppose it’s all part of the plot, so I’ll just sit tight and read the other posted chapters.
Goddessnmb1 chapter 8 . 4/2/2003
Wow, I really liked the open ending. Sort of bittersweet. No coherent thoughts from me, I'm tired. Spectaculr job, spectacular story; thank you for writing it.
ChishionoTenshi chapter 8 . 4/2/2003
Yay! Oh so good! That was so very good, I'm so pleased! This turned out so well. I'm happy for you.
unsichtbar chapter 8 . 4/2/2003
A very sweet end to a lovely story. Interesting that everything has come to such a circular end - Harry is back, the geasa no longer important, and Ron and Hermione have returned to their normal friendship. Nice SS/HG end, too - not too passionate, but warm and still *good*. I enjoyed this story very much. Hope to see more from you!
Claribel chapter 8 . 4/2/2003
What a really good story that was. I can't recall whether I reviewed before or not - I should have done. Your style suited the story so well, it was different, plot wise, your characterisation was enjoyable, and I hope you write another story soon! I'm so glad you left a happy ending too.
Alexial chapter 8 . 4/1/2003
very nice end to a great story. would be very cool if you wrote a sequel. really enjoyed it! great job
unsichtbar chapter 6 . 3/31/2003
Something very strange happened to my last review, so I'll try again.

This is very exciting. I'm pleased that Harry is back in the picture - I was always somewhat uncomfortable with Voldemort having taken over his body with such ease - even if he's a ghost. Apparently Voldemort is dead, or at least lost a body again? Interesting. This is a very fast-paced but good plot, if convoluted at times - but I like it very much. I apologize for my absence in the last chapters, but it had nothing to do with the quality of your writing.
Alexial chapter 7 . 3/31/2003
very interesting story. really liked it. cant wait to find out what happened between harry and voldemort, and what happens now between harry/hermione/ron and hermione/snape. looking forward to the next chapter!
unsichtbar chapter 7 . 3/31/2003
"You just haunt the earth and hope you finish your task before it gets too boring."
ChishionoTenshi chapter 7 . 3/29/2003
Wow, if I was them, I'd be thinking: "We've all gone mad. And we're not coming back." I can't wait to see what happens next.
ChishionoTenshi chapter 6 . 3/21/2003
Wow, this is heady. I swear I started this once. I didn't get much into the first chapter though. Must have been a computer freeze. Well, I truly have enjoyed this, although I really don't understand the ceremony that is supposed to go with the wedding. I hope there is more to come!
labrisa chapter 6 . 3/21/2003
Nice fic, I await updates :)
ann no aku chapter 4 . 3/3/2003
I really like this story! It is so beautiful and wonderful. You writing is so fluid and flows so well. I cannot wait to read more!
45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »