Reviews for What Little Things Remain
Fleab chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
"She had been scraping at its fingernail, worrying the cuticles until blood welled up over it." Dead bodies don't bleed. Otherwise, it's a good read.
not sure yet too lazy to sign in chapter 4 . 3/3/2003
interesting, enjoyed it muchly! excellent job
hawaii5063 chapter 4 . 3/2/2003
Looks like a really greay story brewing here. Terrific start. Very descriptive. Can't wait to see what happens.
unsichtbar chapter 3 . 3/2/2003
Caught up, and still enjoying immensely.

I love your descriptions of Snape - his stylized walk, his color and features; not only does it make for excellent mind visuals, but for a beautiful and enjoyable. Your plot is engaging and original, and I like your Angsty!Hermione. And I love the way they work together. You keep both delightfully in character given their respective situations.

Looking forward to more.
wallyflower chapter 3 . 2/27/2003
The story is very nice. It doesn't claim to have a Save the World plot, and for once it doesn't propose to get Severus and Hermione together by making them work on a Save the World potion. Refreshing, really.

You also have this undercurrent of pain and bitterness going on, and at this point, true to what Snape and Hermione's perception would have been, one can hardly see them in a romantic relationship, if at all.

Also, I love mysteries, and although there's no question yet of Who-dunnit, I have a feeling that this will be a Why-dunnit. I am very interested to see what exactly Riddle has been planning (was the snowy owl Hedwig, or was that just a description that had no meaning behind it? Did Hermione notice the bird at all outside of its color?), and I'm biting my own lips waiting for McGonagall's explanation. I can almost *feel* the restriction caused by the geas.

Thank you for the good read. looking forward to next chapters.
not sure yet chapter 3 . 2/24/2003
o, muchly interesting, i like it lots, good job!
Goddessnmb1 chapter 3 . 2/24/2003
Hm, thanks muchly for the more detailed explanaion of geas; I used the nifty little reference tool in my browser, but yours was much more clear. I really like this fic, and I could have sworn that I had already reviewed and told you this, but I dont think I;ve reviewed anything on FA in a month, and dont seem to have posted here, so I guess not. I really like (I swear I've done this. I'm going nuts.) the original plot you have going; it is, of course, confusing, but I think rather meant to be- for now. And you are slowly but surely clearing up point after another. I cant wait to hear McGonagall's explanation for her rather horrible behavior in putting such a geas on hermione. Very wonderful story so far, and I hope that you soon continue it.
Equipoise chapter 1 . 2/15/2003
Seems quite original so far, please update soon!
xanthos chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
This is a wonderful story! I think that you have done a great job with the plot. Keep writing!

Aurinia chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
WOW! What a wonderfully detailed and intricate plot opening.

There are lots of carrots just hovering out of view with this chapter - intrigue, mystery, angst and pathos, all clamouring for top spot throughout the chapter.

This deserves many more reviews given some of the rubbish around. It is well written, well paced and well thought out.

I'm looking forward to watching the characters grow and develop.
Nymue chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
This deserves far more reviews than it has received. Very interesting; my curiosity has been piqued and I am looking forward to more, especially with regard to how/why Voldemort has (or appears to have) Harry's body. And why Voldie chose California. Am I correct in assuming that this is leading to a Hermione/Snape/Voldemort confrontation? The brains versus the brains, as it were?

However this continues, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
unsichtbar chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
Very interesting. I like the originality of this universe - my mind is buzzing with questions - and how well you stay to character. Snape is the perfect proper Englishman but still a snarky bastard (:D), and Hermione is written very realistically considering her problems. You understand academic burnout and the intrinsic pain of losing a friend (and a world) very well.

Looking forward to more. :)
Zebee chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
Looking good so far.

The hints as to what happened before she came to America mostly work, and are certainly better than expository lumps of flashback, but it's hard to not overdo them and equally hard to make sure they give useful information...

Coincidences abound, poor old Voldie never does get much luck!
S0rceress chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
Excellent beginning! Intriguing and very well written - I can't wait for you to continue!
Claribel chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
Wow, that was a corker. How nice to come in from work and find a wonderful new WIP to follow - great start!
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3