Reviews for The Academy
FeyFable chapter 2 . 8/15
Wonderful story. Hope you continue to write it.
A great beginning! Love Nick and Judy's quick wit banter they got going. Hmmm now just exactly is Nick up to with the polar bears the limo Mr. Big? ;)
Merecor chapter 2 . 7/23
Heyyyyyy, another chapter! Hopefully there's more soon!
DrummerMax64 chapter 2 . 7/18
Glad to see an update for this! I'm honestly a bit surprised that the two of them are more or less getting along at this point in time, especially when Nick offered to help during the Tundratown obstacle course. He's still his sardonic self, but the compassion and care he showed Judy once he saw she was injured was an unexpected yet heartwarming moment.

That ending has me thinking that Mr. Big wants a dirty cop on the force to feed him info, and if so, Judy won't take too kindly to that if she finds out. It's a surprising twist, and one that made this story a whole lot more interesting.

Awesome work! This was a very enjoyable chapter.
Meatfilly36 chapter 2 . 7/17
Interesting
USA Patriot chapter 2 . 7/17
Yes! I saw this story months ago. So glad it's not dead! Wait, was that Mr. Big's car? Is Nick a bad guy in this story?! What's going on?
GusTheBear chapter 2 . 7/15
uh oh that was unexpected, hopefully Nick's rising feelings for Judy will help him get on the right path.
Cemsay chapter 2 . 7/15
Nooo why you make Nick a mole?
Vulpes V. Sapiens chapter 2 . 7/15
Woohoo! Great to see this updated, and loving the action so far. The dialogue between the two is great. No surprise to see Nick working the angles, and nice twist ending with who I can only assume are Raymond and Kevin turning up. So now we know Nick is in good with Mr. Big! Planning to become a dirty cop from day one? Looking forward to see where this latest development leads.
CasuallyCompetent chapter 2 . 7/15
Every single one of your revisions was on point, and the results are telling; elegantly paced, vividly narrated and wonderfully intriguing. Already I find myself fully engrossed, and we're only two chapters in!

Your writing remains as engaging as ever. I must especially give praise for your handling of the action sequence we saw in this chapter. You navigated the chaos of the training exercise with clarity and managed to paint the larger picture whilst keeping Judy's thoughts and actions squarely in focus, resulting in a cohesive scene which flowed naturally from start to finish. These little pieces of narrative artistry are easy to pass over, but really they're what constitutes a truly enjoyable story. Thankfully you're able to provide them in abundance.

Looking forward to the continuation!
Crouto chapter 1 . 7/15
Huh. Well that's an interesting turn of events. At first, this fic seemed to be very standard AU, but this is an intriguing development. My guess is Nick is joining the ZPD to be a plant for Mr. Big.
J Shute Norway chapter 2 . 7/15
Oooh. Now that's a whole new avenue you've opened up, what with Wilde still being in cahoots with Big.
Vulpes V. Sapiens chapter 1 . 7/3
This is a promising start to a great concept! Is this the one my fic distracting you from? Because NOW I feel bad. Just a little :)

I really liked the way you immediately set Nick up as deuteragonist/antagonist to Judy just from the differences in their characters. I see the elbows are already flying (poor Nick, why does he always end up as a target for her aggression?). He does seem a little too quick to put up with her brusqueness though, so I can't help but wonder what ulterior motive he has in mind for befriending her (reminded of bellwether's "us little guys need to stick together" line!). loved their little Miranda rights roleplay.

I look forward to seeing how you flesh out their time at the academy. I suspect it won't just be the environment courses that will be throwing major obstacles in their paths!
DocileLepus chapter 1 . 4/15
Dying to see this story be continued, would love to see what else you have in store for Nick and Judy! I especially enjoy the way you characterized and displayed their personalities. They contrast much, it would be nice to see what drives them together... Happy Easter!
USA Patriot chapter 1 . 4/13
Aww, I really liked this idea, why'd you stop? I see you still update your other stories.