Reviews for Lonely Girls
LateOrliBloomer chapter 5 . 3/25/2007
(Review for all chaps thus far)

/Helga closed her eyes and thought of Phoebe's last words to her; don't let your life stop here.

GAHH! *sob!*

Hmm...you don't think Lila would be just a little bit freaked at Helga's stalker-ish-ness and unrelenting (since KINDERGARTEN!) crush?

/"H-Helga..?"

Holy CRAP. Just that, was a heart-stopper. My eyes went wide as saucers. The "as if checking details for inconsistances" part raised some suspicion, but in totally the wrong venue. You really have Helga and Lila behaving SO girly and giggly and ninny...ish. (God do all girls sound like that when they're unawares? I can hardly picture Helga EVER divulging stuff like that openly and willingly - and to LILA, of all people. I mean, yes, a friendship between them is plausible (especially the way you set it up), but old grudges die hard. But...well, it's reasonable to think that Helga would behave like that, especially in high school, seeing as she IS a girl, after all. I suppose it'd be in her nature... I guess it's just weird is all. And she's not particularly articulate in that one part, is she? When describing what she and Arnold's relationship would be like? Maybe it's exaggerated in my mind, but she used "y'know" an unbearably ditzy number of times.)

Your recs in ch 3 got taken out by FFnet... (I think they have a no links policy...or no web addresses, something like that.) So, if you wouldn't mind (or even still remember...), could I have those links?

I notice you haven't updated this in a LOONNG while... Are you planning on continuing the fic?
purple pineapples chapter 5 . 2/18/2006
Wow! This is awesome! I mean i dont really read a lot of 'Hey Arnold' fanfics but i decided to read a couple of em and im glad i did cuz this fanfic is awesome! So neway just keep up the GR8 work and plz post the next chapter when u can cuz i love this fanfic! Cya bye!
Montana chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
"Propping herself up on one elbow, she nudged Lila, "Hey!"

Reluctantly, the redhead pried her eyelids open and looked groggily at Helga. Leaning over, Helga placed a kiss gently to Lila's lips and smiled.

"Thanks Phoebe..." she said, giving her friend's shoulder a squeeze. Startled, Lila returned a smile as the two shared a laugh and laid back to enjoy the rest of the afternoon sun.

In the distance the servile whine of Miriam's blender lulled them to their rest."

Is it just me or does that sound erotic? Are Helga and Lila having sex?
Yjusaki chapter 5 . 4/25/2005
im a big fan of slash fics. id very much like to see a helga/lila pairing
Pointy Objects chapter 5 . 4/25/2005
Not only do you deliver a fresh piping chapter for me, but all this extra information is rathe helpful as well. I think the reason why people cast Lila as "evil" or incredibly popular, is as such:

In episodes 125 (Runaway Float) and 409 (Egg Story), we see Helga cting...out of character, or at least nicer than usual. Also in episode 409 and April Fool's Day, we again see a main character (Arnold), acting a little not like himself, if you will. But we've never seen Lila (in the show anyway) get angry, get annoyed, get the least bit frustrated. All we see is Lila sad, or Lila happy. I think people like to explore a character's polar opposites, and Lila's just happen to be unmercifully...unmerciful.

That's just my opinion, your's is better. Continue please. With the story, I mean. ANd the theories. Very nice.
DarthRoden aka Carl chapter 4 . 4/23/2005
We meet again King Cheetah and you have a new chapter...lol. I loved it! While not a really big Lila fan, I do like how you have her in this story. I cant wait to see more coming up.

May The Force Be With You! Your Pal, DarthRoden (aka Carl)
Pointy Objects chapter 4 . 4/23/2005
Very nice, very nice fic. And rather original. I do very much like the extra at the end, insightful if you ask me. As "free-thinking" asI like to picture myself, I am astickler for Arnold/Helga, thoughI have enjoyed a few Arnold/Phoebe stories (yours included). Personally, I say go for it, you certainly have the talent, and who knows, maybe it'll usher in a few breed of story on this board.

-Pointy_Objects
Shinji Langley chapter 4 . 4/22/2005
I'm loving this story so far. I was surprised that Arnold would be as bold/desperate as to try some stuff with Lila like that, and slightly less surprised that he had asked Helga about sex. Of course it all depends on how he asked and whatnot, but I guess that's beside the point. I must say though, Helga and Lila as friends is an entertaining thought, and you've developed quite nicely here.

Your theories on Phoebe's life fast-forwarded are very intriguing too. The 1st one in particular I liked, though I can't see Helga becoming a babe come High School, if only for adding insult to injury regarding Phoebe's scenario. Helga would be attractive yes, but nothing over the top.

Sparks flying between Phoebe and Arnold... it's been done a couple times. It's quite a messy situation if you ask me, but if you want some quick drama you'll certainly find it there.

Well, keep up the good work. Looking forward to chapter 5. :)
acosta prez jos ramiro chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
Nice story. I always thought that Lila could be a very good Helgas friend. And you must be one of the few ones that remember that she knows Helgas secret, and the hard times Lila have had with her family.
Miz-Cam chapter 5 . 6/22/2003
Update this! It seems interesting. The kissing part got me a little off-guard. Reminded me of that Cruel Intentions scene...::thinks:: Anyway, I loved this too! Maybe you could share your muses with me. hehe

-Cam
Arreiyenne chapter 4 . 2/21/2003
How true. Wondrous. This fic flows so much. Gah! More chapters! WHAT happened with Phoebe and Gerald? The bastard! I'll kill him with my bare hands! That's dark, very dark.

But in other news. Curly and Lila. I saw that pairing once and rather liked it. It makes so much sense, because you never get to see a lot of the real Thaddeus. He and Lila could dance ballet together. _
Arreiyenne chapter 1 . 2/21/2003
I like the change in Lila. Definetly real. And quite crafty too! That was lovely. *grins* I'm glad ol Helga got over her hatred of Lila. Now on to chapter 2. _
ILuvMyMiroku chapter 1 . 2/19/2003
I love your story, all of it! I can't wait till part 5! I think I have an idea why Helga thought back to that moment with Pheobe, but I dont know. Sometimes my imagination goes crazy.
Serap-89 chapter 2 . 2/11/2003
this is a really good fic! please continue!

Serap-89
bella1878 chapter 2 . 2/11/2003
Are you really going to make it a Lila/Curly story? That's great, there aren't many out there, please continue.(thanks for reviewing Still Waters, by the way)