Reviews for Around the Block
ClaraBow51 chapter 8 . 8/13/2023
"My reward is that I let myself look at a picture of you on my phone." Castle, we have all been there in some form.
This chapter had a sadness that I wish would have lingered for a bit in the beginning. I know Beckett saved him, as much as Castle has saved her but it's not often there's a deep dive of Castle psyche, I'm aware this was a sweet romantic story not angst.
I'm totally getting off topic here but this was a wonderful story and I'm glad to see them both in a good place.
ClaraBow51 chapter 7 . 8/12/2023
Well this chapter was something else... I mean, I feel inadequate for never hearing about the A-spot! Should I call up my eighth grade health teacher because this is new to me lol
But yeah, definitely a good thing it happened in the tub ;-)

Castle is a pure dream in this chapter. Perfect words to tell her how he feels, she would have to be insane not to react to that. "It does scare me, Castle, but, it doesn't scare me away." I definitely melted a bit on that line. So very much Kate
Wonderfully romantic with some splashes of smut :-)
ClaraBow51 chapter 6 . 8/11/2023
I get Kate is/was drunk but I honestly can't imagine her watching West Side Story let alone belting out the soundtrack from it. I was imaging their time at his place to be different and I kept thinking how annoying she is even after she sobered up.
Glad they kissed and stuff but it took me out of the moment. My apologies, I usually enjoy the humor of your stories but I didn't love this chapter :-(
ClaraBow51 chapter 4 . 8/9/2023
Love a good cat and mouse game; it's a perfect mix of want and tease, unlike in canon when at times I felt like Castle was playing the game by himself.

Not that her secret talent was epic but it's always thrilling, rewarding for Castle when she lets him in to her private life.

Hope she doesn't get too fizzy from the wine they need to bond some more ;-)
ClaraBow51 chapter 3 . 8/7/2023
Really enjoyed the interrogation of that idiot who pushed his "business partner" on to the subway tracks and his explanation as to why he did it. It seemed fitting to the character to read it in a rushed, idiotic manner along with a Vinnie Barbarino accent. *Eye roll emoji *

It takes effort for anything I read or see to make my heart pitter-patter and Castle telling Kate he missed her and Kate waiting a beat and tapping on the roof of the car to get his attention to say it back was absolutely wonderful.

Curious how their little drink date is going to go back at his place.
ClaraBow51 chapter 2 . 8/6/2023
I could feel how ashamed, uncomfortable Castle was even though he didn't say it outright.
He may not fully understand the depths of how much Kate does reciprocate his feelings but he knows he should've treated her better as a person, as a close friend. For someone like Kate even if she didn't feel anything for him, she has to at least feel like he abandoned her.
When he mentioned his writer's block, that perhaps he feels like he's being punished, maybe(?), for leaving (in his words) her high and dry.

Can't imagine Demming speaking to her that way but I guess if he was fed up enough maybe...

He's going back to working with her with his tail between his legs lol. It's a therapeutic move in the right direction.
ClaraBow51 chapter 1 . 8/5/2023
I'm guessing you looked up the first and last lines of those books. Even books I've read I honestly can't say the first lines from most but definitely lines throughout that made me laugh or ponder but that could be due to the fact that I'm a ignoramus lol.

Poor Castle's heart breaking over hearing about Beckett and Schlemming. Why couldn't they just tell him they broke up? I'm assuming that based on Beckett's deary state of mind before her run..
Wasn't expecting them to have a run in so soon but I'm glad and nervous. But at least there's coffee to calm their nerves, I guess.
CaskettShipper chapter 8 . 3/17/2022
You know you’re literature! Looooved this one :)
Guest chapter 8 . 1/8/2021
Loved it!
CKL chapter 7 . 8/26/2019
Wonderful!
hagiasofia75 chapter 8 . 8/4/2019
I really loved this story, thanks for sharing it.
Guest chapter 8 . 7/19/2019
Holy guacamole - why can’t the TV Castle be like your story. Marlowe should learn from WRTRD!
natters chapter 8 . 12/15/2018
Great fic
helensorrento chapter 8 . 8/1/2018
Loved it,Needed more chapters
Guest chapter 8 . 7/8/2018
Wow! I'm going through the list of your stories. Can't put them down.