Reviews for Around the Block
Operaluvr chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
That proposal was so beautiful and do perfect. I hate to see this story end because the whole idea was do unique and o well executed.
BTW, my very favorite 1st line is from Norman MacLean's book, A River Runs Through It. "In our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly fishing", to the last, "I am haunted by waters."
FanonOverCanon chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
Absolutely brilliant! Thanks for writing!
keystothecastle chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
Best proposal ever! Wonderful, literary story. Thank you so much!
D3bbi3c chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
A great story and I love how you weaved snippets from actual novels. Looking forward to many more of your stories.
Aburt221 chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
Thanks again! That was the absolute best proposal ever!
jmbatt chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
What a perfect ending! Love it - and the line from P & P is spot-on for Castle. ::-)
Thanks for a fun story.
Roadrunnerz chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
-"My reward was that I let myself look at a picture of you on my phone." - This kills me. So much so that it even negates the fact that the image of caraway seeds on his lips momentarily (yet greatly) reduced Castle's kissableness. :p

-And we're never going to end, he doesn't say. - And then this! Stop! Okay, okay...kissable again.

(okay, funny confession, when I was Dalmatia this summer I suddenly realized that's where the dogs come from. Dalmatians! I'd NEVER made that connection before. Never. I know. Don't ask)

-Three months later...- She starts crying and then...whoa, three months later! LOL

- "But you have a fancy suitcase, so I'll take the risk. Don't try anything. I'm armed." - :))

-"Oh, I just thought I'd look at the case from a different angle." - heh.

Awww...how clever (and fitting) to have him use the first line of a book to propose! This was so lovely and swoony. Thank you. :)
sasans chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
Oh my goodness that was such an amazing and romantic proposal. That goes to prove no cost is to great to surprise and please the love of his life. There would be no way for her to say no after that beautiful gesture. I'll be looking forward to your next story.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
Loved this. Beautiful ending
Guest chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
Oooo... Love Pride and Predjudice. Wonderful end to a sweet, yet kinda sexy story.
1822andallthat chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
This, my dear, is the BEST proposal ever. Wow!

I'd thought of this first line, since itt's one of the few I know, and was wondering whether you'd use it!

Thank you for this wonderful, fun and literature oriented fic.
GT500RonSmith chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
His reward was looking at a photo of her on his phone! Pretty sweet, huh Kate?

When he leaves, Kate is staying in the loft it appears, sleeping on his side of the bed, capturing his scent as much as possible. So, she's essentially moved in even if it isn't official.

Castle brings a little bit of England back to her! They have a spot of tea! Then he produces the ancient book for her and floors her with a proposal. Not much hesitation there though! Kate is very ready to become is bride!

Outstanding! Thanks for this! Good one!
GT500RonSmith chapter 6 . 1/20/2017
Behind again! But, now I know why! PC gaming!

I wouldn't think she would be upset that he doesn't want to take advantage of her if she was inebriated! He wants her bad! But, not when her mind isn't clear and she can't make a proper decision. He doesn't just want to get in her pants! He loves and respects her!

She's sober, dammit! So, she takes charge of the making out and does a little friendly thigh riding, getting her jollies along the way and then they make further plans to check each other for crumbs in bed apparently! No popcorn.
sKyoKun chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
Damn that was good. I didn't think of that book when I put England and book together (I'm sure you did it on purpose !)
I sure hope to see a new story of you soon :)
argo-XnG chapter 8 . 1/20/2017