Reviews for Blackmailed
xihja101.9 chapter 3 . 5/12/2017
i have a theory that Draco is the person blackmailing Hermione
Slytherinqueen chapter 3 . 2/17/2017
Hey this story is great! I really like ito ancient can't wait for updates! (BTW my un is unicornz.334 I'm just not logged in atm)
Valkerie13 chapter 3 . 2/11/2017
ahhhhhh just when I was getting sucked in there is no more *cries*
Eternity511 chapter 3 . 1/29/2017
Great work..I'm loving this! Keep up the good work! Eternity Xx
Black Bishop chapter 3 . 1/28/2017
You're pretty good at this writing thing, you should probably keep it up. I'm certainly enjoying it so far. Once again, you nailed the characters and the overall story continues to be interesting. I see a lot of potential in this story. The duality of Hermione's attraction to Draco is interesting, because she seems to be attracted and repulsed by him is almost equal measure.

This chapter was a nice continuation of the previous one. The writing was clever and the story developed in a believable direction. Hermione's characterization was spot on, I found it cute that she took notice of that fact that she was in a room surrounded by books. It leads one to wonder if Draco, knowing his audience chose the room he knew would appeal to Hermione best. Surrounding a bookworm with books to put her at ease before shagging her seems like something an astute slytherin would do. It also gives you something for Hermione to notice about the encounter after the fact.

My issue with Draco's fondness for Hermione remains but you did do a good job with appeasing me somewhat. The fact of the matter is Draco treated her poorly for the entire time they attended Hogwarts, not to mention he used the Mudblood slur to refer to her. I equate mudblood with the N-word, since both are slurs designed to demean one group seen as lesser. Now it might be my bias that is tainting my views that Draco hasn't done enough to be contrite to explain his change of views. You've shown that Draco is attracted to Hermione so explaining how he could move past what she is would be the next logical step. In my view, you need to do a little bit more, but at the end of the day this is your story and you are under no obligation to cater to my storytelling proclivities.

Overall, I see potential in this story, If you like my ideas feel free to use them with my blessing. I provide them because sometimes writers start a story but don't plan ahead leading to stories remaining unfinished. The worst thing I've experienced is an author who writes themselves into a corner, or can't think of how to move the story forward. My last review gave you a direction to consider, whether you use it or not is up to you. I'll try and provide reviews to help along the way as long as I am able. So keep up the good work.
that1chick98 chapter 2 . 1/2/2017
I'm excited for the next one, this got interesting super fast!
Black Bishop chapter 2 . 1/1/2017
It's not too bad, The writing is solid and the characterizations seem solid enough. I'm intrigued by this story and appreciate the nuanced writing of the villain and that he/she is clever. The chronological positioning of this story is interesting because it allows you to make Malfoy less of a prat than he'd been prior to the war.

That said, I think it would be wise for you to explain his seeming fondness for Hermione. Draco Malfoy from the source material probably wouldn't want to spend time or flirt with Hermione, so be sure you explain that somehow. Be it that he always held an attraction to her, so he chose to make her hate him because it's easier to avoid temptation if the object of you affection hates you, or that since the war, muggles have been the only judgement free type of companionship he could find so he's had to modify his views accordingly. Don't feel constrained by these suggestions, you can ignore them, but don't ignore the need to explain Draco.

Frankly, at this early stage I'm just hoping this whole scene wasn't an elaborate plan of Draco's to woo Hermione. That would be cliché and silly. In my head at the moment I figure the antagonist is some half blood descendent of a pureblood family seeking an heirloom held by the malfoys and would love nothing more than to have the malfoy heir betrayed by a muggleborn he fell in love with.

Being a non pureblood descendant of a pureblood line it would make it believable that there might be an heirloom in malfoys possession.. If a lesser pureblood family gave something to the malfoys for safe keeping but that line pureblood line became a halfblood one it would be perfectly reasonable that the Malfoys (e.g.:Lucius & Narcissa) would see that line as dead an thereby claim ownership of any items they held for that family. This is my theory, at least at this point, I don't know if I'm right or not, but if you happen to like this theory, please use any part of it with my blessing.

I don't know how much of a moral compass you plan of giving Draco or how amenable Hermione will be to slytherin tactics but I have a suggestion for latter in the story on how Hermione can secure her parents safety. It wouldn't be hard for Draco to have Hermione's parents kidnapped by former snatchers whose loyalty can be secured via unbreakable vow. Hermione's parents are most vulnerable while working so having snatchers or paying someone to kidnap them while working is the perfect way to protect them. It's a cunning way to solve that problem that isn't exactly moral, which plays on your statement that Hermione broke rules, it's something perfectly acceptable to a slytherin, and it's unexpected of Hermione.

These are just my thoughts, which you are free to ignore you're doing a good job so be proud of that.
Kennah chapter 2 . 1/1/2017
Oh god. This is absolutely brilliant! Please update! You are a fantastic author.