Reviews for You'd Do The Same For Me
Goosefire chapter 1 . 4/12
I do like this couple. Never wrote any ST yet, but I like this couple. Cool.
cojack chapter 1 . 1/25/2017
Masterfully worked to stick with what was in the episode, and yet weave some interaction behind the scenes to stay true to your K/U universe. There's a list of TOS episodes I now want to take another look at with your additions in mind.
Lovbody8 chapter 1 . 1/16/2017
I love this story the tenderness of Captain Kirk's touch for Nyota. Oh what happens next do they fall in love secretly once they escape to the Enterprise. Does Nyota love for Jim Kirk flourish into a full blown love affair ? Thank you for a beautiful Story...
Guest chapter 1 . 1/8/2017
Well done filling in that blank. Thanks for sharing.
browneyedgirl29 chapter 1 . 1/7/2017
Okay, this is actually the first bit of TOS fan fiction I've read in my time on here, and I've got to say... it was awesome! You capture the characters so well! I'm a huge Kirk/Uhura shipper (for TOS, anyway), and this made me super happy...and also simultaneously gave me a lot of feelings. I liked this little supplemental on one of my favorite episodes, and I loved how it didn't have to go AU to make sense.
Also, I have to comment on this: Not everyone does Chekov's accent well. It's something I personally struggle with in my writing. You did it brilliantly.
ShunnieIsFine chapter 1 . 1/5/2017
You know this was better; so...so much better than the original eposide. Meticulously and vividly detailed. I loved it! From the start I could feel the weight of the trios predicament; especially Uhrua guilt and Captain Kirk's pain, due to him taking the lashings meant for her. Then something happens inspite of her guilt...

Even though angonizing over, "It should have been me..." Uhura focused with every touch; carefully tends to the Captain's wounds, then afterwards, lovingly running her fingers through his hair; soothing away his pain. All the while too afraid to let him know outright with words just how she feels; boldly conveying her love for him instead through her tender touches.

And Kirk stands toe to toe with Lars. Defiantly letting him know that even though he, Uhrua, and Chekov are thralls at the moment, Lieutenant Uhura has a champion in her corner in the form of her Captian. And he, Lars had best respect, and act accordingly towards her.

But the capper of it all was Kirk telling Uhura "Don't believe everything you see." He too feeling that undeniable pull of the heart. Reassuring her that him charming Shahna is just part of ("his") the plan.
CuriosityID chapter 1 . 12/31/2016