Reviews for The Universe Is An Optimisation Problem
MurtGastin chapter 5 . 4/16/2018
I don't think I've ever been more confused or entertained in my lufe
3dot chapter 5 . 4/5/2018
Astounding.
3dot chapter 3 . 4/1/2018
Oppmpf, hard to read but Damn! It's a Pleasure.
KillerBeer chapter 2 . 3/16/2018
A little nitpick:

"Bolshoy (Russian: большой), is a decentralized artificial intelligence..."

In fact, the word Bolshoy is an adjective, and is hardly used in Russian as a possible choice for a personal name (the only exception I know is a *shortening* for "Bolshoy Theatre", and only in situations where the context is obvious for the speaker). Its usage *can* be justified, though - just with a little bit more of exposition:

"BESM-12 (Russian: БЭСМ-12, also unofficially nicknamed as "Bolshoy" - "The Big One"), is a decentralized artificial intelligence...", and then the rest sounds natural enough. (By the way, your Bolshoy looks like a cool guy :D ).

It's given additional historical credibility by the fact that the БЭСМ series of mainframe computers really existed in Soviet times (although in our world it ended with the sixth generation).
Guest chapter 5 . 3/6/2018
Your world confuses and terrifies me. I don't know whether I should focus on the confusion or terror. It seems so chock full of ways to gather information from the future and create what amount to friendly super intelligences that all problems should be solved, and is simultaneously so filled to the brim with ways to destroy everything that there shouldn't even be atoms or intelligible physics left at this point.

But I do know that I want more.
Pokybyte chapter 5 . 3/2/2018
You are completely mad. This must be hell to write and I’m barely keeping up. Keep it up!
jyudel chapter 5 . 3/2/2018
This continues to be absolutely brilliant :)
Aeodyn chapter 5 . 3/1/2018
Overall:
Amazing story, for all that it makes my brain whimper.
The surreality played straight reminds me of Infinite Jest. Very good. :)
Also kinda like this and Horry Patter mirror each other (though I strongly prefer this). Cool.

This chapter:
Aaaaaahh eldritch uneven carpet.
And Time Cube. ;_;
Nice Blink reference too btw. :3 (Assuming the tapes is one. :P)
Ragez chapter 4 . 2/6/2018
Amazing work!
Guest chapter 4 . 2/2/2018
They spilt even more, and got a sentence reading 'Do this again and I'll sock both of you in the balls.'

Seems pretty unfair since clearly Fred and George didn't trigger this perfect loop to exist (no original timeline the loop has simply always existed), and so it was the universes choice to bring it into existence
Guest chapter 3 . 1/17/2018
You've done something pretty special here. The world of Harry Potter feels magical again. Without feeling childish. There is an awful lot going on though, and I'm not sure how all of it ties together, if it even is supposed to.
Sebo-5000 chapter 3 . 1/17/2018
This is chaos, but somehow works? I eagerly await more!
vanny98 chapter 3 . 1/16/2018
I'm confused, but yess
Volbia chapter 3 . 1/16/2018
This fic is absolutely amazing, I have no idea what's going on, random nonsense is being spouted out everywhere that still somehow makes sense, I have no idea where the story is going or who the main character will even be. Please keep writing this!
cryptologicalMystic chapter 2 . 1/5/2018
!

I eagerly await more, and hope that the period between this chapter and the next will be somewhat shorter.
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »