Reviews for Take Root
Razer Athane chapter 1 . 6/1
GODDDD DUDE. Dude dude dude. Such, such love.

I loved the references back to suffocating, and just the very truth of "she will not last". And take root (ofc).

This is gorgeous. Honestly I could read your stuff forever tbh. Keep being incredible.
Al'-chan24 chapter 1 . 1/30/2017
Hi friend, it's been a while again

I'm finally done with exams and less busy with work, so I thought it was time to finally try to catch up and read all those fics you've posted. I thought I was ready, you see, as I do everytime I start reading a fic of yours. And here I am now, done reading this one, thinking once again that I was wrong. I can never be ready for how beautiful and heart wrenching and absolutely wonderful your writing is. And I love that. Keep being amazing.
Vorcha Girl chapter 1 . 1/9/2017
Oh my god. This made my cry. It was so beautiful. So elegant. So incredible moving. The concept and idea of fear being such a familiar and yet so alien thing to them both was brilliant. Shepard is Kaidan's rock. She is his everything. Their reliance on each other was beautiful - him offering himself to her as a shelter from the fear, as a safe place or a rock in the river was just beautiful. There were so many moments in this where your use of language brought tears to my eyes. It was incredible. I don't even have the words. I loved it.
Dabbles R Us chapter 1 . 1/8/2017
I can barely even type through my own tears and shaking hands because this piece moved me, touched me somewhere deep inside, deep beneath the rot and anger and terrible thoughts that plague me, and reached something deep inside. It pulls and tugs at those swelling emotions, those lingering memories of love. This is so beautiful, so tender and raw and real. That's it, it's raw in the way an old wound is still raw or a new love. Chafes against the soul and brings it flaring back to life, even when we've forgotten how to live. Your words do that to me, and this piece is no exception- I was right there with Kaidan, feeling every single thing he felt, breathing it in with him.

And your story took root in me.
tlcinbflo chapter 1 . 1/4/2017
So much power in a simple admission. I adore the start to this. That she's not even sure if what she feels is fear, because it's not something she's used to ... or maybe she's just not used to being or feeling safe enough to admit it is fear. It's brilliant.

Kaidan's surprise in her words is the same as my own. As he considers her and everything she has done and everything resting on her shoulders you take us both through the amazing woman she is and how can she not be afraid, which is terrifying because *she's Shepard* and she can't be afraid.

Yet, instead of that being his reaction, he knows he has to be there for her. He has to give her the strength to survive because ... holy shit without her *his* like is over.

Oh! I love the idea that in the distant future parents will say, "clean your room or the reapers will come!" I mean... it shows their insignificance in the span of the eternity they are trying to save. Right now, yes, everything rests on them, but when they win, in the future, they will be forgotten. History books will gloss over their accomplishments and students will fail their tests on the lives of Shepard and crew but ... right now ... none of that will have the chance to happen if they don't win.

Fuck.

I love this, obviously I love this.

I love that he understands all of this but he knows that honestly the future that they're fighting so hard to save doesn't matter. All that matters to him is that she remains strong and fearless enough to win.

You know ... I needed this.

Talaraine was right in their review. I am a lucky soul to have you as a friend.

Thank you.
Talaraine chapter 1 . 1/4/2017
tlcinbflo is a lucky soul to have you for a friend! Marvelous use of language and description, a pithy but thorough delving of complex emotion...and devotion.

I'm re-reading in the hopes some of it will stick in this hole of a brain. Well done!
KirikaClyne chapter 1 . 1/4/2017
*sniff* ...I'm not crying.