Reviews for The Courtesan
LookAgain chapter 21 . 7/7
Wonderful story! I've fallen in love with your writing style- didn't think I'd like AUs this much but I like how you present the well-crafted characters such realistic problems, and have them deal with it in a plausible, decidedly Sherlockian or Johnian way. Love it!
Lubilule-Malefoy chapter 21 . 12/13/2017
Hello !

Just wanted to tell you that i reaallllly loved your story ! It was really different from what i'm used to read, and i liked it a lot ! I liked the relationship between John and his siter, the way that her life is not so easy too ; and... SHERLOCK. Oh my god, i'd imagine him so well thanks to your descriptions ! No wonder why John was so charmed by that man !
That was a very good story and i enjoyed it until the end ! Thank you very much for all your work ! All the definitions of the victorian terms/history must have taken you some time, but it was very helpful for me, as a french person, who doesn't know as much about british History.
Thank you very much again ! :D
Lubilule-Malefoy
sweetmarly chapter 21 . 8/18/2017
Oh this story was a real treat. Between the story and all the amazing authors notes I have been totally riveted throughout. All your stories prove that fundamentally you can change the circumstances of how these two lived and work and their experiences in life to become who they are but when they come together it's just like the universe correcting itself and everything is as it is meant to be. Your AUs are becoming more fun to me than the Sherlock BBC canon. By the time I am finished reading all your Sherlock stories I am going to have to pick which scenario/AU/story line I would wish to be the ultimate canon. Amazing work.
I hate mosquitos chapter 21 . 3/12/2017
I am amused by your usage of Gr√ľnkohl as my German stepfather recently made that for us as part of dinner. We did have potatoes with the meal, but we ate pork that had NOT been pickled. :-)

You mentioned Victoria being the "Grandmother of Europe." Did you know that Christian 9th of Denmark was similarly considered the "Father-in-law of Europe?" Victoria's eldest son Edward VII married King Christian's eldest daughter Alexandra. It is rather fascinating when you read about who their children and grandchildren married.

Great chapter.
myhiggins25 chapter 21 . 2/21/2017
HAPPILY EVER AFTERRRRRRR omg I loved this so much.
Your writing is beautiful! I usually hang out on ao3 but I'm glad I looked through FF and found you!
I appreciated your research on the times as well. Wonderful story, so very well done!
myhiggins25 chapter 20 . 2/21/2017
I love how tender they are with each other! Brings a tear to my eye!
And... is that queen Victoria?! Awesome!
Guest chapter 19 . 2/17/2017
Did you forget about us?
I hate mosquitos chapter 19 . 2/6/2017
I have just finished watching a series of shows about Henry VIII's wives. The last episode dealt with the last three wives. By the time he marries Anne of Cleeves (number 4), he is "old" (late 40's), overweight and in poor health. He was not able to perform in bed, but since he was King, it was off course not HIS fault, but her fault. The proof was that according to the king's physician he was able do his duty with other women and had nocturnal pollution.

I thought the term funny, and thought of this description of his ejaculation when I read about Johnlock cumming.
myhiggins25 chapter 19 . 2/6/2017
I actually studied different slave-trades ancient and modern... I could go for DAYS. Main difference though: Ancient slave trades were mostly based on debts and weren't life-long. The 1500ish-1800ish African slave trade was based on race, and was life long.
Aaaaaaaaanyway. I'm done with my lecture on that haha! I loved the chapter, especially the ending! John's jealousy had to give in to reason! That's right buddy... You better be the change you want to see in the world! LOL
Belen09 chapter 19 . 2/5/2017
Mycroft is always a difficult character . . . but then I can see him being concerned about the family 'honor' . . .
I hate mosquitos chapter 17 . 1/30/2017
Alright. You have Sherlock and John working in the right direction.

Great chapter. I liked the subtle Sweeney Todd reference.
myhiggins25 chapter 18 . 1/30/2017
why am I so nervous about the show? What if its not enough for Sherlock?
Our boys are holding something back... I just know you have some more angst up your sleeve!
LOL I'm gearing up for another heart break...
XxLady.GreyWolfxX chapter 16 . 1/29/2017
Sherlock! John is your drug numb nuts !
SinA chapter 16 . 1/29/2017
A very interesting story. Please update soon.
myhiggins25 chapter 16 . 1/29/2017
they got sooooo close last chapter! And now Sherlock and John are circling each other.
I don't know who I feel worse for! Sherlock, John, or Mrs. Hudson! hahaha poor things.
And the I LOVE YOUs! I died. I FREAKING DIED.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »