Reviews for Miko
Kknd2 chapter 62 . 6/27
I think what I enjoyed the most about Emilia/Miko's story here is the depth to her character you showed. She is a force for good, but not a force for nice, or a particularly good person in a lot of ways. Ironically, that makes her a near ideal clan head for the Uchiha's.

Is it too much tell instead of show? No. This story has the rare advantage of Miko being in place only to manipulate and see the results later. She basically can't be directly involved much of the time, so that telling becomes a necessity of the story rather than writer laziness.

Because so much of the thrust of the drama in the story is focused on the village as a whole, not on a few specific people, we need that wider viewpoint to appreciate the protagonist's efforts and struggles. In a sense, the story simply wouldn't work without those zoomed out portions. You would have to contrive truly implausible amounts of coincidence to put Miko in place to experience things. The bits she does stand out because of how little you indulge in that device. (The mean man with the food stand who hates Uchiha irrationally is a stirling example of this.)

Getting to see an outsiders perspective in full was a sweet treat to end the story on, since the big narrative goal was accomplished and like the story, Miko was left wondering 'what now?'.

There is indeed room for a sequel, and I would love to read it, but this story stands as it is firmly as a great narrative. It's a lighter, more cheerful take on a common fix-it situation. We can extrapolate the kinds of issues that such a continuation would take up, the outside issues of the larger plot of Naruto. The internal issues of her very different style as a clan head (along with the issues her preferences produce when it comes to heirs) would produce. Things that we can also firmly trust Miko and her network of friends/allies/pawns would struggle with, but ultimately manage to overcome.

One thing that stands out in retrospect, is how little we learned of Emilia's life. It made that little glimpse into her last day truly hit with the force of a meteor. It explained a lot about her attachments and how she tried not to have them, all without directly telling us she avoids them because of unresolved issues from her first life and the self imposed isolation of it. It's something else a sequel might eventually dig into, along with the reveal of where that language she shared with Sasuke comes from.

But it stands out for how we don't need those answers to feel happy with the story we have. Proof positive this is a complete work. Thank you for sharing it with us.
rylek196 chapter 1 . 5/31
You sure are a stubborn piece of shit, aren’t you? STILL keeping it up with the boilerplate reviews, I mean, even when it’s clear they don’t fucking work. At least *I* make an effort to differentiate my reviewvertisments from each other, AND I know they actually WORK, seeing as how my view count has seen a notable uptick since I started doing them.

*sigh* I don’t know what will get to you to quit, though, short of caving your head in with a heavy, blunt object. Even then, I’m worried whatever I used would just bounce off your thick skull. Ah, well. If blunt force trauma doesn’t work... you’re just not using enough, as the saying goes. ;) Now, where was I? Ah, yes...

Since I KNOW a lot of people are gonna be here from the Pokemon section, due to this asshole’s uh, ‘adventures’ there, to put it charitably, how about y’all curl up with a good story by yours truly? It’s called Long Way to Fall, my novelization of Pokemon White, the best dang adaptation of said game that there ever was!

It’s got everything you could want from a novelization or story in general: great characters that develop organically through their respective arcs, amazing action scenes (which have been a ton of fun for me to write, btw), great location descriptions, a healthy fleshing out of the lore and backstory of Unova, and many additional scenes that aren’t in the game to truly make it a cohesive story!

It’s tricky to keep track of all the plot threads at times, I admit, but there’s a special kind of satisfaction that comes with paying off something you set up five, six, or even ten or MORE chapters previously. So I hope you’ll join me on this incredible adventure I’m undertaking. Adapting Unova and bringing it to life is truly a pleasure and a privilege, and I feel honoured that I’m the one doing this. Meanwhile, all this filthy, disgusting bit of pond scum should feel is utter shame. Shame, for spamming so many innocent writer’s stories, many of whom were actually good, and shame for lacking even the slightest bit of awareness that he was doing more harm than good. At least I only target shit-fic writers and genuine rule-breakers- I.E. the guilty who actually DESERVE it. You, on the other hand, just toss out your boilerplate bullshit without rhyme or reason ok. So, to wrap up, fuck you, and rot in hell.

P.S. There are two stunningly obvious typos on your profile, and I’m simultaneously amazed and not that you didn’t catch them. You should be using ‘their’ in that sentence, you dolt, not ‘there’, as in, ‘over there’. Also, I’m *pretty sure* the slur for Germans in WW1 was ‘hun’, not ‘han’. How the fuck you screwed up a three-letter word is beyond me, and I’m DEFINITELY sure you missed *that* particular racism boat by about... oh, over a hundred years. :P I hope you realize how ludicrous and behind-the-times that line on your profile makes you look. Somehow, I doubt it...
alnuaimiazza4 chapter 62 . 4/23
i freaking love this book

10 out of 10 would recommend
Lalalanotes chapter 62 . 4/7
I've read this over and over again and still am satisfied from start to finish. A worthy AUs and What Ifs with your witty and smart twists. I didn't root for any of the bois for her though and I'm happy that she got _ (I don't want to remove anyone's fun ;) ) instead. Love this story very much.
thyjohann1234 chapter 26 . 3/18
this is the most feel good wholesome story of all time and its about preventing genocide and political manipulation.
so far, this is one of the best fics on the site.
kudos.
strawberry chapter 62 . 2/3
i read this around the same time as Dragonfly back in April-May and they really inspired me to get into Uchiha clan fanfics
this was so good i loved it so much! i love her character and how she acts, its hard to find manipulative ocs whos character stays consistent or gets any real growth. her actions has weight behind them and she is just brilliant
this is my top 3 favorite ocs lol
thanks for writing this i cant wait to reread it again
Guest chapter 21 . 11/9/2020
I don’t think kekkai genkai hunters would be a problem since clans have been dealing with them since like forever. The uchiha akready have contingencies, in all likelihood.
Guest chapter 16 . 11/9/2020
Naruto would be a baby so he wouldn’t be running...
Bb34 chapter 7 . 10/13/2020
。゚(TヮT)゚。
StoriesMakeLife chapter 44 . 9/12/2020
This. Story. Is. Amazing!

And realistic indeed in how small things can snowball into huge changes. Especially when people were ready for these changes to begin with, but there wasn't a way. And now there is.

A sentence from the beginning pops out:
"She wouldn't just need to pull strings, she would need to make them"
And she did.
Oh boy she did.

Thank you so much for the story!
qwpengu chapter 14 . 6/27/2020
yes good job OC HAHAJA
Dav009 chapter 61 . 2/12/2020
Have you considered making a sequel it’s a good story.
Guest chapter 62 . 2/4/2020
This is beautiful! I adore the subtle manipulations and the heartfelt relationships
Deidanna chapter 62 . 12/19/2019
I want to leave what I feel about this story, but it seems that the person who reviewed below me gave you enough XD
I love how you fixed the issues Leaf faced, though some are still far-fetched. Well, yeah, cant avoid those but overall? Great story :DDDD
reptoholic chapter 62 . 11/30/2019
Very shocked at the end... The way she was with Naruto and Shika I assumed she was at least Bi never thought she would be gay... That leaves us with the heir problem again.