Reviews for Strange Reflections
Stormzy chapter 6 . 12/30/2022
I've realised the situation is even worse than I thought as you're also having Hermione and even Harry to an extent act completely OOC. (And not in a good way as it just contributes to the OOC Ginny and Ron bashing).
Stormzy chapter 5 . 12/30/2022
Ok, seems like my previous review was right. Weasley bashing for the sake of it... I get you set up the idea of Ginny and Harry becoming distant but even so, she wouldn't just warm up to Hadrian like you've had her doing. I'm gonna try really really hard to read this but something tells me you'll have the Weasleys (especially my main man Ron) do something especially out of character and stupid and I'll be off.
Stormzy chapter 4 . 12/30/2022
Not the greatest quality of writing but the work is unique in terms of its plot. Love the idea. However really? Weasley bashing... I see what you're trying to do with Ron and Ginny, and to do it after everything they (especially Ron) and Harry have been through by the end of the war is beyond stupid. Absolutely hate Weasley bashing. If it's some "Independent Harry" story and the bashing is well written I can understand. In this case there is literally no basis or need for it. Hopefully the work isn't completely ruined by it. Seems like you're trying to use that to get some sort of Hermione/Harry situation but I could be wrong. Praying I'm wrong to be honest and the Weasleys aren't bashed but it's looking pretty grim on that front after this chapter.
Freddie Rindklip chapter 15 . 12/24/2022
I really struggle with reading this fic. James as an arrogant prat I can see with his upbringing. Lily is who I struggle with. With that said fanfic is by definition AU, therefore, your characters can be whatever you want. With that said I will take my ramblings elsewhere.
BRMoreaux chapter 20 . 11/27/2022
Just reread this whole fic Call imagining he finds another djinn only to end up in wake universe for harry becomes a dark lord in the sum of their parts
Anonatwork chapter 20 . 11/19/2022
Nice, I liked it. Seems like Lily really got sidelined, but going by how few there are it seems like its really hard to write an evil Lily.
Amor-Fati 7 chapter 20 . 11/17/2022
One thing I’ll never understand is, even though I get people disliking Ginny, I also think bashing is stupid, and usually bashing is usually an exaggeration of the character bas traits, but what I don’t get with this fandom is why we are making the silly crush a 11 yo child had with a boy her entire personality? You are telling me the same girl who was practically mind rpe for a year, who knows personally how corrupted Voldemort mind was, who fought in her fourth year, was the only with the cojones to tell Harry how much of dck head he was being, and revived the A.D in her sixth year and was constantly tortured with other students, still fought with every one else, despite being told to go home and she’s still portrayed this shallow? That’s not realistic and she just lost her brother… and all that hate because she end up with Harry.. When it’s him that pursued her… the misogyny and these type of ff is so 2010.
arthurapoxe49 chapter 20 . 9/28/2022
Como Brasileiro espero que Harry tenha aproveitado Manaus é mesmo lindo lá!
Master shake chapter 20 . 9/10/2022
I am satisfied with the ending, my only gripe was the resurrection stone not being used to talk to his parents but I'm glad how the story turned out. I kinda expected it to be a story where the potters screw the main cast over in the worst time but I've finally read a story without unnecessary drama and angst.
Master shake chapter 13 . 9/10/2022
I'm liking your characterizations better but i felt like you did ron dirty.
Master shake chapter 4 . 9/10/2022
I'm disappointed with how the potter family turned out but i suppose i can attribute it to them being from an alternate universe. I hope he uses the resurrection stone to to talk to his actual parents and some interaction with iris and i don't want this to be one of those scenarios of trying to take Harry's friends and life but i doubt after fighting voldemort the would flake like that.
Guest chapter 20 . 9/1/2022
Harry could have been made reserve seeker on the team of professional Quidditch. Would have added to resume.
Guest chapter 16 . 9/1/2022
So just because you can you will show extreme negative potrayal of Weasleys and Ginny? Sure I never liked or understood how Ginny of all people could be perfect opposite Harry. Because even Luna understood Harry more than her, if not Hermione. Harry never had heart to heart talk like equals with Ginny. You could show Harry and Ginny breaking up but to show her throwing away years of memories, friendship and not to forget you and Ginny forgetting that Ginny still owes Harry life debt. Or Arthur Weasley still too. Not showing any concern at all for Harry on other Weasleys part is irresponsible and illogical. Not to show Harry's Godson Teddy Lupin or not showing Harry with him and Andromeda Tonks is even more illogical. Not showing a member of Black Family, trained by them (Andromeda) helping Harry against the Potter's is stupid.
Dresden's Ghost chapter 6 . 8/26/2022
I’m not really sure how Ginny isn’t being a gold digger in that last scene. So far, she’s been pretty clearly painted as an attention whore who’s attracted to the person who can buy her the nicest things and get her the most publicity. I mean in the beginning she literally said that Harry should take her shopping since he has been too busy doing little things rebuilding her school and government to give her attention. Oh and she’s irritated that he doesn’t take advantage of his fame to get him (but really her) more press. Sure, I get it, she’s young and naive. Doesn’t make her any less shallow and selfish for only being attracted to people that can do things for her. Pretty classic gold digger behavior. Even the whole hero worship thing doesn’t hold up because Hadrian literally hasn’t done anything heroic. The Harry she’s already dating killed Voldemort, rebuilt Hogwarts, and restored its wards single handedly. Those are things she knows. She also knows Hadrian and his family swooped in and, to her knowledge, robbed her actual savior of the world boyfriend of all of the money his dead parents left him and had absolutely no problem with it. As a 40 year old virgin once said, she’s a ho fo sho.
CPO Backstreet chapter 20 . 8/20/2022
I was very impressed with this story, which seemed to take the believable if sacred-cow-slaying viewpoint that a version of Harry raised by a one-time school bully and Petunia Dursley's sister might not have grown up to be particularly noble and wholesome. I wasn't 100% convinced by some of the characterisation of Ron and Ginny but you captured the essential essence of the characters and were at pains to show them in a relatively sympathetic light.

I liked that you struck a middle ground between having Harry go through it all again with a new set of enemies and living a simple domestic life in a peaceful world: There are still people out to get him but that doesn't mean they're not at peace. Thank you for sharing!
1,620 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »