Reviews for Strange Reflections
Guest chapter 1 . 23h
I can assume your ship from your profile and your story. I would advise you to advertise this fact more overtly because I personally think that your characterization certain characters is disturbing and I was unable to tell what direction this story would take before I clicked on it. If you had mentioned a pairing in the summary or paired your characters, I would not have been disappointed in the direction of this story.
Jimbocous chapter 20 . 2/5
Brilliant story, wonderfully done! One of the most unusual and engaging mid-length stories I've read in years. Many thanks!
Jimbocous chapter 14 . 2/5
Umm, did I miss it? What happened to Iris? Did they leave her in the public gallery?
Neale chapter 20 . 2/4
I realise that this was finished a year ago, but just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this twist on the usual story lines.

Thanks
AncientOak chapter 20 . 1/28
This is brilliant! I love that you had Lily and James come to Harry instead of the other way around, I haven't seen that before! Thanks for writing :)
Lrsgreenleaf chapter 20 . 1/26
Wonderful story. Enjoyed the way the characters & plot deviated from other stories.
AureliaAndMidnight chapter 7 . 1/20
Holy shit. I think I hate Hadrian.
dreamflower02 chapter 20 . 1/20
What a fun AU! I think what I found so interesting were the hints of differences in the two universes, that would explain why the "Plotters" in their world were so different.

Canon-James and the Marauders were clearly bullies during their school years. It seems to me that events that caused James to grow up and mature in canon may not have occurred, or were less traumatic, leading to a continuing of James' gittish behavior into his adult life.

Also, since his parents (especially his mother) did not die for him, some other, possibly dark, cause might have been the reason Hadrian survived the AK, rather than love.

Finally, the hints that Lockhart was a mentor to Hadrian back in his world explains a lot. The hints imply that this was a relationship that lasted longer than just second year. Perhaps there was no curse on the DADA position in that world. I must say after that revelation, I really expected Hadrian to use an "obliviate" somewhere in the story!

I also wonder if the Lily in this story did not have a sister Petunia, since I can 't imagine canon Lily neglecting a daughter, or playing favorites with her children after how Petunia treated her. There's no questions from you Lily about her sister, although negative evidence is never proof.

All of those hints are so tantalizing! I'd love a glimpse into that world and some of the differences.

The ending was satisfying. I like the fact that while your Ginny is shallower, she does have her priorities right, and ultimately put her family and friends first, once she learned the truth. Also, that the friendship with Ron managed to get mended, although perhaps it would never be as strong as before.
z-vo chapter 20 . 1/17
Just wanted to say I enjoyed your story. It's a different spin on the Harry and different wold Potters tale I've seen before and it was an enjoyable read.
Ash chapter 20 . 1/14
Mid story, I assume the Potters would just be transferred back to their world when and if they learned their lesson in humility. Or just be humiliated in this case.

Obviously they’re stuck with the life that they created. Oh well. What I don’t understand is Lily though. She was suppose to be similar to Hermione right? When Lily was in Hogwarts. I guess she turned out to be a rich snobby wife of a Pureblood. I would say like a Pureblood Wife. But she’s not a Pureblood so yeah ...

Love to read more of your creations.
Chabelaa chapter 20 . 1/8
primera vez que leo desde esta temática, lo único que me pareció forzado es la maldad y ambición de los otros Potters.
BUENO YO SIEMPRE LEO LOS COMENTARIOS ANTES DE EMPEZAR OTRA HISTORIA ASI QUE SI HAY LECTORES IGUAL QUE YO :P

LA RECOMIENDO ¡
Chabelaa chapter 19 . 1/8
Hola me ha gustado tu historia
footfighter chapter 20 . 1/8
This was quite good! I wish you spent more time fleshing out the characters of Lily and Ron, but I really appreciated your look into Harry's PTSD
foodfighter chapter 9 . 1/7
A nice plot idea (with the Potters being horrible people) and solid writing.

Thanks for writing!
KutaRuisu chapter 20 . 1/5
I found this really unique! Thanks for this awesome read :D and also fantastic writing! Job well done if i do say so myself :)
1,145 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »