Reviews for Strange Reflections
John Smith chapter 20 . 9/19
Dear LeQuin,

I like this story very much.

Many thanks,

John Smith.
BookAddict135 chapter 20 . 9/19
I really enjoyed this story-it was a really interesting take on Harry meeting his family from another universe. Hope to read more of your works!
DaSalvatore chapter 20 . 9/12
Positives: This is an interesting premise that isn't seen all that much and you're writing style is both enjoyable and the twisting between the two perspectives adds something to the story.

Negatives: This is essentially arrogant and stupid/media hungry Potters from a "Wrong Boy-Who-Lived" story thrown into canon where Ron and Ginny are about as childish, stupid and self-centred as anything without making them potions happy. There is also -zero- character growth as far as I can really tell. The main players of this story are the same from chapter 1/2 to chapter 19/20.

All told, not something I would want to read again even though you're a good story teller.
drakefyre chapter 20 . 9/12
Gotta say... this fic seemed to me like it's mostly a way to bash Ron and Hadrian, make James and Lily morons, and elevate Hermione. Hadrian never changed. There was no character growth for him whatsoever. For a POV character, that's boring. It also felt like you fell into the trap of making Harry not very capable without Hermione. Having to lower Harry's capabilities to let Hermione's shine better isn't good. And Ron's incredible stupidity read like a bad Weasley bashing fic - nonsensical and cringeworthy. Additionally, it felt like Ron and Hermione's breakup was specifically written to permit her and Harry to get together. In fact, all of the romance felt unnecessary and the story would have been better without it.

Despite disliking those things though, this fic did hold my attention well enough. Thank you for writing it.
Luthien Surion-my elvish name chapter 20 . 9/7
I have to say I really enjoyed your take on the 'Harry goes to another world bc reasons' plotline. I've never seen one where it's the alternate Potter family that comes to the canon universe, and I really like how you pulled it off.

It was very well written, very clear without dragging on, fantastic characterisations, believable plot and character decisions, and just all around a very enjoyable read.

I loved it!
karmcmahon chapter 20 . 9/1
NicE!
Isebas chapter 20 . 8/28
Thank you for sharing this vision with us. I am a big fan of Harry/Hermione stories. You definitely took the other Potter family in a different direction than I thought you would. I like how you portrayed Iris though.

I just couldn't help but think what jackasses the Potters were. I can't believe how callous they were either. It started to get where I thought I might not like this story but I am glad I stuck with it. It's definitely going into my favorites. Can't wait to read more of your stuff.

Isebas
ashez2ashes chapter 7 . 8/28
"Tell me how to end a high profile relationship without ruining my life."

Ginny would never say that. WTF. I'm the one in the bizarro universe now. Okay surely she's just having evil Harry on...

Nope. She's writing a press release to end her relationship with Harry. Its really that ridiculous.

This is like the Rita Skeeter written biography of Harry's life.
ashez2ashes chapter 6 . 8/28
Ginny spent a whole year at Hogwarts when you could get the Cruciatus curse during detention. How do you come out of that naïve? Is regular Harry also from a non canon universe?
ashez2ashes chapter 5 . 8/28
Ugh, is this going to be a "Ginny and Ron betray Harry so he runs into Hermione's arms and they get together" crap is it? Ron and Ginny are smarter than that. I hope I'm wrong.
MissRoryGilmore chapter 20 . 8/27
This was fantastic! I really enjoyed your unusual portrayals of certain canon characters, even though it hurt my heart a bit. I feel that such portrayals really are not out of the realm of possibility in alternative universes. You also did them so well! Thanks for a great fix!
The Ghostly Minion chapter 9 . 8/26
Didn't review this chapter or 8. I'm thinking that Hadrian's too wrapped up in his plans to takeover at Hogwarts to really pay attention to Harry. It might be too much considering Hadrian's mind set to expect that he'd be able to think that Harry isn't acting like Hadrian thinks the BWL (him) would.

He's also suffering under a lack of information about Harry's activities in the Summer. The Weasleys didn't know and Hermione isn't talking. Pretty soon, Hermione and Ron will separate, we've already seen enough of the tensions between them over several issues for it not to happen.

Hermione helping with Harry's demons will bring them closer together. Wouldn't be surprised if Iris helps too.

The train trip was wonderful. All the characters rang true, particularly Neville and Luna. Iris' scene with Harry was heart rending. Her hopefulness to be accepted and Harry's willingness to help, despite being certain it won't help shall make them siblings in fact.

There wasn't a song from the hat was there? That in itself should tell folk that some of what they've heard is true.

TGM
Morbious20 chapter 20 . 8/24
Amazing story .
Forever Written in the Stars chapter 20 . 8/22
I think that this is a pretty well written story with regards to the relationship progression between Harry and hermione. The pacing was right and the development felt natural.

I don't have an objection to the alternate Potter family being completely different. After all, they are from another universe. I think the one part of their characterization I have trouble with is the fact that Hadrian is still "the boy who lived" in the alternate universe and his parents involvement in the order. Based on your portrayal of James, I have difficulty believing that he ever would have joined the Order (and thus, the Potters would probably have never been targeted by Voldemort and Hadrian would not be the boy-who-lived). They just seem extremely selfish and materialistic and unwilling to accept those different than them so I have trouble believing that the Potters would have stuck their neck out to prevent Voldemort's takeover and mistreatment of anyone who is not a pure blood. Even if it was about glory or fame, I feel they would have taken an easier route to those things.

Overall, I found that I enjoyed this story and I'm glad that you chose to share it here. I did enjoy that Harry got to have a family with Iris and Hermione because I think that he always deserved that. And additionally, I found your writing style to be quite engaging. Thanks again for sharing!
Kanzid chapter 4 . 8/22
I hope these Potters all go die in a fire, thy're as bas as the Deatheaters.
1,085 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »