Reviews for Strange Reflections
Olivia-twiFan chapter 20 . 11/17/2020
Love this story. It's a favorite. I've read it several times. Have you ever considered doing a follow-up on the alternate universe where Hadrian came from? Maybe that world is now better since those Potters are gone. lol!
Sirius-about-harmione chapter 20 . 11/17/2020
Yes i was very happy reading this. Might not have went the way i thought it would but i still love every single word of it.
Sirius-about-harmione chapter 16 . 11/17/2020
I must say that in accordance to my previous reviews(rants) seeing the "Potters" get beaten down is really rather satisfying. Thanks for writing this
Sirius-about-harmione chapter 4 . 11/16/2020
Aint gonna lie i still hope they get eaten. Except iris she seems ok. But still good work on the character development, you somehow make me really want to dive into the screen and trash the living daylights out of the three "Potters"
Sirius-about-harmione chapter 3 . 11/16/2020
Nope i dont like these "new" Potter's one tell me the fic concludes with them being eaten by a Hungarian Horntail or something. Foe me they're just like the self-assured, attention seeking bastard malfoy was. And i suppose i must congratulate you for writing so well that you can get me riled up after only 2 chapters. Takes skill to make people invest emotions into a fic. So well done. But i still dont like them.
dolmanbalck chapter 14 . 11/12/2020
This is not yet my review post but goodness gracious, long live the new Chief Warlock!
Books85 chapter 18 . 11/11/2020
I hadn't thought about immigrants having to learn the laws of their new country, and thus being better informed about laws of the land, but it is true.

I was fortunate in having taken civics class the year before moving to a different state, which required civics classes in the next grade level. It made for an easier class thesecond time around. The differences were telling.
Books85 chapter 17 . 11/11/2020
Pardon me, but I am not sure you need author assist spells. Well, not as badly as your average fanfic author. I really cannot believe that many otherwise decent authors fail to use spell check on their computer. Or are shaky on their use of two, to or too. Or your vs. you're.
(Takes deep breath) Rant over.

Seriously, you and your sister have turned out many pieces of prose that are far better than those produce by supposedly professional writers. It's not bragging if it's true!
Books85 chapter 16 . 11/11/2020
Why isn't Lily out there working? Is Wizarding Britain truly back in the 1950s? No, it's back farther than that.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and it appears that is what is happening with Lily.

Thak you!
Books85 chapter 15 . 11/11/2020
I have deep family roots in the south (of the USA) and have lived in the south for most of my life. When someone calls my date an animal, they are DEFINITELY being racists.

Sad, but true. Look at our Lame Duck President.

Yes, I know this story takes place in England, magical England, even. But my perception of the story is affected by my past. When first read Rowlings books, I was refreshed that the race of various characters was a descriptor, not a limiting factor. As the series unfolded, I realized that it was lineage, not color (or colour) that put limits on some characters while giving others unearned advantages.

Thank you for providing such interesting food for thought.
Books85 chapter 14 . 11/11/2020
Since the very first chapter the interactions between Lily and Hadrian have bothered me, and it came to a point today. Lily's pet name for her son, popkin. Just like Petunia's, and just like Petunia, she treats the second child in her household as a second class citizen! I cannot believe that she didn't pick Iris up from the Express!

That said agree with the reviewers describes the interloper Potters as Potterdashians. Only, do the Kardashians have a family member who is not a fake? Can't take watching or reading about them enough to know.

Thanks for giving us a different take on the dimensional travelers trope.
TheByzantineOttoman chapter 20 . 11/10/2020
I enjoyed this story a lot. It was an interesting premise, and the idea that the Potters could turn out to be monsters was an interesting thought. The plotline I found myself enjoying the most was actually the more normal, politics and post DH stuff, as Harry and Kingsley moved to clean up the wizarding world. You made that believable and interesting, expanding on canon while still staying plausible and avoiding "so mote it be" nonsense.

The one blemish on this otherwise great story was the Ron bashing. This was not Ron Weasley, but rather a caricature of a caricature that was dropped on his head 12 times as a baby. I had to really stretch my suspension of disbelief to accept the Ron character, basically viewing this as an alternate universe to canon. It wasn't even the stupidity or the rudeness (though that stretched my disbelief as well), it was the backstabbing Harry for Hadrian after meeting him once. After everything they went through in canon, it just does not seem plausible at all.

Still, enjoyed the story overall, and it was very well written. If you can just ignore the weasley bashing this is a great one.
IWantABetterWebsite chapter 20 . 11/7/2020
This story was great. Harry's constant angsting about not bothering Hermione was the only thing that really bothered me, but it was also very in character.
Guest chapter 20 . 11/2/2020
Great story. I’m not sure James being able to take the vaults makes sense. I mean James and lily have a will they leave everything to their son Harry. Harry is 17 and has his vaults. Than James and lily are here and I can see getting the 300 each month per person. But how can he be head potter that’s like saying I want to be lord potter. But Harry already is. And than Harry’s will probably left everything to teddy. I’m just confused on why that would work couldn’t Harry just disown Hanes and his son. That way only iris was still a potter. Maybe I’m making it to complicated.

I wish we knew what happen to Ron. Like is he happy. And I wish we saw Iris meet both Teddy and Andy. I would probably make sure hadrian can’t have kids. The blacks probably have a potion or a curse that can be used. But I wouldn’t want more enemy potters or for some poor kid to be stuck with that for a father. Maybe he’s so repulsive because of his reputation though lol
HellsMaji chapter 13 . 10/16/2020
Pretty fuckin irritating that Harry constantly puts up with Hermione forcing him to talk about anything any time she wants to, especially when he doesn't want to talk. But then he turns around and goes for weeks without asking her what's bothering her because "it would be disrespectful, and she doesn't want to talk." God he's a weak willed little shit. Make him stand up for himself for once, geez.
1,486 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »