Reviews for Strange Reflections
HellsMaji chapter 7 . 10/16/2020
I wish you didn't make Harry become such a pussy around Hermione and the others. Sure she may be right about the nightmares, but that doesn't change the fact the she treated him like shit after what happened with the wards. He needs to stand up for himself and not let them, and her, treat him like that. All he did was be upset and stand there and take it like a loser.
Hank1967 chapter 12 . 10/7/2020
Excellent story! Really enjoyed it! Well, most of the time. James, Lily and Hadrian really got on my nerves sometimes, but then again, they were supposed to, weren't they? You did a great job with Hermione. You even got me to tolerate a H/Hr fic., which I normally don't. (Ship H/D.) You did a great job writing James, Lily and Hadrian. What a bunch of shallow losers... I love how you had Harry effortlessly end up increasing his power exponentially as James and Hadrian decreased exponentially. It was well done and very humorous. I've actually had this experience in my life as well and I'm currently trying to instill in my son that simply living well is the best revenge. Of course, being a Christian helps a lot with this. Great job!
adamantiumsleep chapter 20 . 10/4/2020
This is a masterpiece.

The effort and attention to detail, especially with the antagonists is superb. It's not blunt stupidity but delusion and callousness.

Harry's restraint and autnenticity make this setup so very satisfying.

This is the Hermione I have in my head and I so appreciate so see her written like this for once.

Iris is perfect and so lovable, the parallel to Harry's childhood hit true.

This has hints of the wbwl and Weasley bashing tropes in a form that is either trope defining or laying them to rest. Masterfully done, tasteful and well motivated. (Read this even if you dislike those tropes!)

This hits a sweet spot for me, dimension travel, post-war H/Hr hurt/comfort, PTSD Harry, Iris Potter and incredibly good writing.

Thank you for writing and making it possible for me to discover this gem long after assuming I've read all the good fics.
venus4279 chapter 20 . 9/24/2020
Great story- love the karma. So Happy for Harry, Hermione, and Iris and others. I truly adored Harry as Chief Warlock. Warlock Potter’s rule indeed! Thanks for the great read. It twisted and turned in ways I didn’t expect, but it made the journey all the more moving and enjoyable. Love your Harry inner monologues, and loved the character interactions. A truly excellent fic, thanks for sharing.
venus4279 chapter 14 . 9/24/2020
So Harry becoming chief warlock was literally like my favorite thing that has ever happened. It was actually pulled off super believably, despite his age- and it was amazing (and totally unexpected). Anyway, I am a huge fan of all of your writing. I super hate James Potter, and I hope he stays a junior Auror forever.
weeathamandjam chapter 20 . 9/7/2020
I just can't get over the awesomeness of the term "Plotters". Not only is it a play on their original surname, it's a very apt description of their entire miserable existence in Harry's world and it's also a massive slap in the face of the people who tried to brand themselves as "Travelers" to one-up the "Boy-Who-Lived". Except he upgraded to "Saviour". And they are stewing in their failed lives at the bottom of the barrel as "Plotters".

The karma is so sweet, it needs its own dedicated shot of insulin.

Thank you for bringing this to my life!
mekareami chapter 20 . 9/7/2020
I made it to the endkinda bummed Lily was actually a bitch and not potioned, but other than that I really enjoyed your story. thanks for writing
givemetoread chapter 19 . 9/4/2020
I love this chapter and I love this story. I have read this so many times now its amazing!

An alternate approach James Potter could have taken is to plead guilty and save on the money. But if he had this much sense, he would not be the "sorry little man child" that he is in this story!

Kudos!
JustinC100 chapter 20 . 8/27/2020
Great story loved every chapter. I only wish you would make an alternate ending where Harry gets transported to Hadrian's reality and defeats Voldemort fulfilling the prophecy in that world. Kind of a 'you were never who you thought you were' kind of thing. Anyway I really enjoyed this, thank you for sharing!
BorderLand chapter 20 . 8/25/2020
I have nothing to complain about this, story. It's not often I get to sleep reading a story and continue reading as soon as a wake up until I finish all chapters. I enjoyed the direction Harry's life took a lot.
BorderLand chapter 15 . 8/25/2020
Damn, the slitytherin in Harry is still going strong. Even Voldernort and Death Eaters would clap at the masterful action.
BorderLand chapter 14 . 8/25/2020
That moment when you accidentally become the very thing to despise and realize you are good at it. Poor Harry I have no doubt he wished to be back to Hogwarts worries ng about a Dark Lord rather then this while he dressed.
BorderLand chapter 4 . 8/24/2020
Those guys have no ideea what they are dealing with, this is not some average teenager but a war veteran who died once and come back stronger, with elder wand, the ghosts of some of the strongest people on his side, Hermione and friends in high places he could get all of them shipped on a island win the middle of pacific with no access to magic at anytime.
avatar junkman chapter 9 . 8/16/2020
I think your depiction of Ron is bad he was mostly loyal to the end he just has a weak mind
Kai chapter 9 . 8/14/2020
I like that you let Luna say that she learned the patronus in fourth year. Most authors would say "fifth year", a couple at least "during Harry's fifth year". But students don't count that way. If someone remembers something from their school days, especially WHEN it happened, they always refer to THEIR year, even if it happened to someone not from their yeargroup, and never to the year of the person in the middle of the event. It's common sense but it's usually Harry who is the centre of all events and, concerning years, all historiography.
1,486 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »