Reviews for To Understand
SewerSurfin chapter 1 . 2/19/2017
I read this over on Ao3 a few days ago...but wanted to leave a review here! :D This was so adorable and sweet. I really liked Dr. Goodfellow as a character and wished that she had made more than just the one stand alone appearance. This is a wonderful way to add to her character while also adding depth to our favorite surfer dude. He has such an empathetic, hopeful, emotional depth that none of his brothers have. I watch the show through at least once a year, and just got the heck of it, last time I paid attention to all the times that the four of them were moved to tears. Michelangelo many times. Leonardo and Donatello none, Raphael once. And Michelangelo doesn't cry for stupid reasons. I also always loved his affinity for animals. This was also shown more than once, so I love how you are expanding upon that here too. I try to see a depth to the characters on this show that many do not try to see beyond the light hearted comedy of it. There is much there for people who choose to look. Issues of trust, family, self-sacrifice, prejudice, etc. I look forward to more of your work!
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan chapter 1 . 1/25/2017
When we saw the turtles mutating in the 1987–1996 animated TV-series, it was just Flashback scenes. Nothing contradicts the turtles slowly mutating that way. Yes, we see other mutating fast later, but it may be later mutagen improvements created by Krang.
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 1/5/2017
This is lovely! I can definitely see the signs of what's to come, and it's an excellent start! The little scene of Leonardo worrying is very good, and it's interesting to see him and Raphael start to butt heads, since that didn't generally seem to be a problem for them in 1987 world.

And I love the scene between Michelangelo and Jane! I can hear their voices so well, and oneshot characters aren't always easy to flesh out! You've done it expertly. It's great how she genuinely wants to know about Michelangelo's gift, and how she poses very interesting questions to him. Very astute of her to think of telling Splinter, and intriguing for her to invite Michelangelo to learn and be her assistant! That is awesome. I would have loved to have seen her again on the series, and Michelangelo learning veterinary skills and becoming her assistant is an epic idea. Totally radical!