Reviews for This War of Mine
dinossaass chapter 6 . 1/29
Okay i see everyone here has made made great and logical criticisms, and since that is the case i feel the need to put something silly in here to even things out.

So to everyone that has, and will eventually complain about power levels, i point you to the famous TFS Vegeta quote:

"POWER LEVELS ARE BULLSHIT!" - TFS Vegeta.
OldManMalaz chapter 6 . 12/25/2022
I don't know if it's a RWBY fanon thing, but this isn't the first RWBY crossover fic I've read where the RWBY girls have the asinine idea that their friends OWE them explanations about everything whenever they want. It's also not the first crossover I've read where Ruby especially has the completely moronic idea that "Teams/friends don't keep secrets, they tell each other everything". Umm, no, that's not how that works at all.

I honestly don't know what's worse. That so many fanfic writers protray Team RWBY as monumentally entitled, or the fact that Team RWBY are actually CANONICALLY that entitled.
Guest chapter 29 . 11/23/2022
When the next chapter?
Panjason chapter 2 . 10/6/2022
Fun ride but I wished you left the mystery of ki alone.
Gohan just claiming that Ki was too dangerous sounds monumentally stupid. And felt the heavy hand of the writer.
If Ki was a thing then humanity would have found that too just out of desperation. No amount of corpses would have been too much, if a higher chance of survival was possible.
Effectively, Gohan became Prometheus, the giver of fire, for the Humanity of Remnant, but I guess you just didn’t want to write that story.
You could have simply made all users of Ki first priority targets by Salem, you know?
ZEDNEMwashere chapter 3 . 9/11/2022
Not cool Qrow not cool
JensenDaniels32 chapter 14 . 8/23/2022
So...is Cell going to kill the Brother Gods of Light and Darkness?
JensenDaniels32 chapter 7 . 8/10/2022
I can just imagine Cell absorbing Salem and the two Brother Gods of Light and Darkness. Plus, with their abilities at his disposal…oh, the possibilities!
Mushmello66 chapter 1 . 6/27/2022
I don't mind that it took grade 4 to beat the androids, I just think it would have been more realistic if it only took grade 2. think about it, Vegeta was able to body cell with grade 2 and that was after he absorbed android 17 and they where confirmed to be stronger in the timeline that we watch
Robbler chapter 5 . 5/13/2022
Nah, the whole lookout thing didn't seem too unrealistic to me.
The Sons have no Idea how to build stuff with ki to my knowledge, but no one knows what future Gohan got taught by his Piccolo.

I find it far more unbelievable to have Gohan go all "Here have yourself some ki, oh and you too, and while we're at it you can get some too".
And suddenly everyone says how bad it is and how no one else should learn to harness it.
I mean good old spartan lady hadn't even learned how to use it yet, If People suddenly decide to stop them, she shouldn't have been allowed to learn anything at all.

The whole situation is too forced. It doesn't feel natural.
Nancho The Supreme chapter 29 . 5/7/2022
This story is a tragedy for all of the right reasons.

We are rapidly approaching the 2nd year since this story was updated. We already passed the 5th anniversary a months ago. Looking back on this story, I believe that this story is doomed to remain in purgatory. It is tragic that such a promising story is incomplete, with no resolution available. I understand that passions can die and interests can change but I still occasionally wish for a conclusion to the wonderful takes I’ve ha s the pleasure of reading on here.

The story is slow, so make no mistake about that. This is necessary to establish a period of normalacy in the setting. The pacing increases dramatically once you enter the second half of the story and the stakes increase. There were several times where I had predictions about the story and setting but was incorrect. The setting truly is an interesting combination of aspects from both Z and RWBY.

I only have two criticisms for the story as it stands. The first is that the descriptions and dialogue tags can become repetitive. I would have liked to see “the Son of Goku” and “shaking the planet” less often than I saw. There are more examples but the story is so long and has not been updated recently, so I see no point in listing them. That and I’m trying to keep this review concise for potential readers.

The other criticism is the absolute bonkers power creep in-setting. I understood the author’s reasoning, Z characters flattening the entire setting makes for a poor story experience. It is actually refreshing for the author to outright discuss why these changes were made. It is fortunate that they were familiar with Dragon Ball as I can see that familiarity allowed them to navigate the massive power creep that Cell and Gohan brought to the setting. There are still a *few* incidents where the power leveling was weird, such as Gohan comparing his little circle of friends to when he defeated Androids 17 & 18 only for them to struggle against struggled against Frieza. Then there was the matter of Gohan being just weaker than Vegeta when *he* confronted Cell, yet the story has him losing to Semi-Perfect Cell - the one Vegeta trounced utterly.

Ultimately, the power scaling could be ignored for storytelling. The consistency in how they are scaled to known fighters from Z is in need of improvements though.

I would give this an 8/10 and would recommend anyone to read it if they had the time. While it may be disappointing that the story stops just before the final conclusion, it is certainly a great story to experience.
MZ1116 chapter 29 . 4/22/2022
This is really interesting. Could you continue this
Ohma chapter 1 . 4/9/2022
not quite right...

Mirai 17 and 18 are weaker than main timeline 17 and 18.
Main Timeline 17 and 18 are weaker than 16.
16's strongest attack couldn't even make Semi-Perfect Cell move.
Semi-Perfect Cell was getting his ass handed to him by Vegeta.

if Grade 4 only gave him a small boost...he wouldn't just be "slightly weaker" than Vegeta when he fought Semi-Perfect Cell.
IsaacClarke117 Papacito chapter 29 . 1/13/2022
aun no lo leo, pero viendo que por ahora, este es el ultimo capitulo publicado, espero y de verdad termine la historia, siendo sincero este fic fue uno de los pocos que me inspiro a escribir lo míos, y créame que ansió ver el final, buen buena historia, y espero que este bien, donde sea que este.
ilikefreedom chapter 18 . 12/11/2021
so where you combine semblances with ki is so interesting!
ilikefreedom chapter 17 . 12/10/2021