Reviews for Stepping Back
Detsella Morningdew chapter 1 . 7/1
I personally think it's silly that Harry didn't try to get a second wand. See, hold off Voldemort for a few seconds with Priori Incantatem, then curse him with a second wand in the left hand. Since, you know, Harry doesn't have the skill to hold him off normally unless vast things change.
IAmSoTired chapter 2 . 6/30
"...attaining an O in all but charms in transfiguration where he attained an O..."
This is near the start of this chapter.
Correction...attaining an O in all but charms and transfiguration, where he attained an O..."
bunxx chapter 13 . 6/14
One of the best fight scenes ive read across all the potter verse.
Great story
Luka K chapter 22 . 6/6
Wow, wow, wow. No words. Absolutely AMAZING, wonderful, magnificent, tremendous, beautiful work. And yet not enough. This story is one of the best, if not the best, fanfictions I have ever read in my life, and I can assure you I have quite a collection. Excellently written, great dialogues, descriptions, perfect pace & true emotional roller-coaster. I have laughed more than a several times, and yet several scenes have managed to bring tears, which is very rare occurrence for me. One more time, absolute congratulations to an amazing author and their masterpiece, because this truly is one, as close to a perfection as possible. WOW!
The '' good boy '' comments from dumble are nauseating
The DOM guy mind rape him and harry doesn't react ? Dissapointing
DeMarco Coleman-Dansby chapter 1 . 5/28
I feel like this story was heading in one direction in the first couple of chapters, then completely flipped the script out of nowhere with the time travel plot. Id like to read it with the plot before harry went back in time
I hate to say it but I really didn't like this novel at all. Harry was much more of a wuss than he was in his other novels and he is constantly trying to justify his acts to others. He's too forgiving and his mentality is weak compared to the other Harry potters of your other novels. There's much more drama than your other novels as well. Character emotions seem to be extremely exaggerated to the point where I'm putting this at the same level as novels that use excessive bashing. In all your novels Dumbledore is also forgiven for his terrible acts of foolishness which is something I generally just ignore but Harry is far too forgiving in this novel. He forgives people who try to kill him, beat him, abuse him, and hurt his loved ones. One of the reasons I enjoy your novels so much is the ruthlessness he imploys on those who do the aforementioned things. All in all I thi k this is probably your worst novel. Despite that it's still better than 90% of Harry potter fanfic out there so props to you for that.
Yo, in all your novels Harry is a super bad ass who doesn't care about the rules and kills those who wrong him. But in this one he has consistently wussed out of doing that. It always comes down to "Hmph, now that I've got my anger under control I can see that despite him trying to torture or kill me, I shouldn't kill him" I mean you said he forgave the dursleys for God sakes. I've love most of your other novels, but this one is not nearly up to the level of the others.
You lost me when you kept Harry as a shrimp and didn't heal his body.
Wijay chapter 3 . 5/17
Hi!

I really loke this story, so, re-reading it for the umpteenth time.

I just noticed that the is not rendered for some reason, and so, the lines with O become very confusing to a first-time reader.

It would be great if this could be fixed.
Z0d chapter 6 . 5/9
I don’t like this rendition of Bellatrix. What’s the point to her character if she doesn’t have pureblood ideals and some madness? It would have been better off and more believable if you just made Andromeda the love interest for this novel. I like Bellatrix pairings, but not when her character gets butchered and she becomes a more “regular” girl. She should always be at least a little crazy and maintain pureblood ideals (doesn’t have to be Walburga levels, but definitely some). If anything it could become a point of contention, and show that all relationships need to have some compromises.
Z0d chapter 2 . 5/9
Telling Dumbeldore is such a stupid plot point. I was fine with and actually liked the idea of Harry telling his family everything, Charlus, James, etc. but Dumbeldore doesn’t make sense considering the disagreements they went through pre-time travel. Obviously Dumbeldore doesn’t agree with Harry’s methods so it makes zero sense for him to travel back and speak with him let alone the unspeakables advising Harry to do so.
Gabriela Stoyanova chapter 1 . 5/9
He can get one more invisible cloak, so he has extra. It isn't said that it won't help him in the future to secure one more
4,726 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »