Reviews for Stepping Back
Fairy King Oberon chapter 1 . 5/7
You don't have to take your glasses off to know whether or not they have lenses. I know from experience.
ilayhyams chapter 8 . 5/4
Harry didn't even research the knife and ring? Also what was in the book, what kind of spells?
ilayhyams chapter 5 . 5/4
Harry does have fun he plans pranks with the guys
erozoth chapter 13 . 5/2
Gave it a go, pointless to read really. What's the point of a fanfic of making your previously weak MC as close to OP as possible only to make his main enemy just as much stronger? It seems like an overall waste of time to read.
Sure, the journey is different but its close enough in many ways and there are more than enough original stories out there to get a genuine new story.
Unfortunately the premise of this novel was flawed to begin with, saving the magical population:
1. Many already died, so at least some bloodlines ended.
2. Most that died are the good ones, the evil ones stayed as is.
3. Is the MC going to kill the evil ones (bloodpurists)? Voldy is one more dark lord, he is not the source of the issue, the racists and bigots are.
Does he kill all the families that have been constantly bigots? Unlikely.
It will just happen again when he stops watching.
4. And the most obvious and overlooked reason saving the magical population is pointless: Muggleborns cant produce bloodlines.
Only pre-existing bloodlines can continuously maintain magic in the family.
Eventually, over years, decades and longer families will slowly die out: disease, war, just not reproduce, etc. A matter of time.
Kariel13 chapter 11 . 5/2
Decent concept. Can’t get over Harry dating his second cousin. Not into incest.
MadMax93 chapter 24 . 4/29
this is one of the most inspired concepts ive read in quite some time. if you decide to create a full story for another crossover similar to this, you can be sure to have my support
Luxo11 chapter 9 . 4/27
The whole unconditionally selfless and no defending his honor thing is stupid. Selfless yes but Harry has always tried to defend himself and who he is so that’s just stupid. He would do everything he can to make sure people know the real him. The fact you made him upset about the newspaper saying good things about him is ridiculous.
GeorgeTobor chapter 21 . 4/27
Very nice adventure.

Thanks.
johnwhen chapter 6 . 4/24
Oh ahit I stand corrected
johnwhen chapter 5 . 4/24
I know it’s Christmas so she’s not physically in hogswart rn, but shouldn’t he seen her or andi at least once already
johnwhen chapter 5 . 4/24
Wait isn’t narcissus only like a year younger? So she’s a fifth year in hogwarts rn
Adriaan De Belge chapter 26 . 4/20
Smile:

initially I thought that the TBR at the end of each story chapter meant : to be reviewed…

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, especially as Bella finally has a better role "in life" than in canon, I believe she deserves better than Azkaban or dementors….

Greetz, Adriaan
WarChicken chapter 24 . 4/17
Rereading again. Honour Thy Blood indeed!
Pretty bad if you don't even realize that Walburga was a Black from birth and instead of marrying into the family it was cousin incest.
Bob chapter 10 . 4/5
uuh ya i dont think it was ever a sequel
4,223 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »