Reviews for My Sister Leni
This story seems to have shifted from being about autism to being about depression. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.
Did you reference the Dolan meme?
Lee Ritchie chapter 52 . 3/9
A well written story (with occasional typos) that pulls at the heart-strings, I can't help but feel a greater appreciation for Leni. Even though this story is set in an Alternate Universe, it warms my heart with its wholesomeness. Hearing Leni's inner thoughts and/or demons was at times either sweet or heartbreaking, and a wonderful way of peering into her inner self. Even the varying depictions of her emotional state and her anxieties was fascinating, even endearing. It was definitely an emotional roller coaster.

Also, Lori is just as much of a sweetheart as Leni in this story.
StolenMemes77 chapter 52 . 1/28
What an amazing story. I enjoyed it from start to finish.

What I would like to throw in (because everything else has already been said) is how awesome the last chapter is. The bit about Leni just looking around her room, looking at things for the last time- is absolutely beautiful. Not gonna lie, I teared up a bit. That bit alone made the last chapter one of my favorites. This story is arguable the best TLH fic, only rivaled by ‘Leni and the Jetts’ and ‘Luna is Strange’. Thank you, just thank you for this work of art.
Zero testarossa chapter 1 . 1/28
I still have yet to find another fic of this quality
ThatGuyWhoReadsFanfiction chapter 52 . 1/13
I loved this story, from start to finish. It's amazing how well you captured the feeling of being autistic.

Sorry it took me so long to finish it.
Walu chapter 52 . 12/16/2017
Wow. Can't believe it's over. I tip my hat to you, sir. I really do. This was the second Loud House fanfic I ever read and I must say I don't think I'll ever run into another one quite like this.

Your characterization of Leni was amazing. I know quite a lot of people don't really care for the "Leni is autistic" theory (though I am not one of them), but you portrayed it exceptionally well. Leni really does come across as a legitament autistic character, and as an autist myself I found myself relating to her and her problems several times throughout the story. The way you wrote Leni was truly the shining part of this fanfic.

Lori was written very well as well. She was a very caring older sister and mentor with very distinct flaws that made her human. Her relationship with Leni in this story was very special, and when she left for college I found myself feeling quite sad.

Helen I must say is an absolute gem. We hardly know any of the Louds' friends barring Lincoln's (a topic I want to explore in my own fanfic at some point) and the way you made one for Leni was truly special. From the moment she was introduced all the way until the end I found myself really liking her character and I would love to see more of her. She brought out a lot of good things in Leni and it really gave her someone she could open up to and rely on, especially after Lori moved out.

The subplot of the other Leni was very touching and sad, and I really liked how you made it a driving force for Leni throughout the story.

The climax was absolutely perfect. I could go more in-depth, but I think that's all I have to say. Fantastic job there.

With all that being said, I did have a few problems with this story. Appearance consistency was pretty jagged for some characters. Carol losing relevance felt very awkward, especially considering how hard Leni worked to make her and Lori friends. It would have been nice if she and Leni talked a few times after her arc finished. Lisa's arc ended pretty awkwardly as well. I feel like you should have had a few interactions between the two during the high school years as the arc's ending was very abrupt and didn't feel like it had any lasting effect. Lincoln's lack of presence in the final few chapters felt very wrong in my opinion. As someone who Leni absolutely adores, he should have appeared at least somewhere. A talk between the two of them before she left for college would have been really sweet, especially if it was about making up for the birthday incident. Luna should have been used a bit more if you ask me (though as a certified Lunatic I'm biased). She and Leni could have had their own relationship similar to Lori and Leni after the former moved out, where instead of Leni looking up to and wanting to impress her big sister, she would have to play the role of that big sister to set an example for Luna. The moments where Luna did appear were nice, like when Leni offered her a seat at lunch during middle school and her concern for Leni during chapter 49, though I think not using her enough was a bit of a missed opportunity. It was very nice to see Derek at the end, though I had to think for a few moments before I remembered him. Dunno if anyone else had that problem, but it would have helped if he was mentioned every now and again to help us remember who he is.

I also think a few key events were wrongfully omitted, like Leni actually passing her driver's test and getting her license. As something that caused a huge moment for Lori and Leni's relationship, it felt wrong just hearing that she got it one chapter and could drive perfectly fine. This was a big mountain for her to climb at not having us see her overcome it was a bit of a punch to the gut. There are a few other examples that at present have slipped my mind, but believe me there were others.

This final criticism is a bit of a nitpick as this is supposed to mainly focus on living life through Leni's eyes and her relationship with Lori specifically, but I think the rest of the siblings were greatly underused. The Loud House is The Loud House because of the way the siblings interact with each other, and having that pushed so far into the background made this fic feel very unlike the show, though you probably weren't trying to emulate the show in the first place. Like I said, nitpick.

Also there were a few grammatical and spelling errors but honestly that doesn't matter.

Overall, this fanfic was very, very well done, and I enjoyed every word of it. Though not perfect, it was an amazing insight into who Leni is and how despite putting up a kind front, she in reality suffers from a vast inferiority complex. The original characters were awesome and the relationship between Lori and Leni was very special. Leni's growth from kindergarten to graduation felt very natural and was very touching in many parts. I give this an 8.5/10. Keep up the fantastic work, Gumball.
Rosenwawey chapter 1 . 12/16/2017
So perfect
FLASHFAN123 chapter 52 . 12/15/2017
Beautiful... simply beautiful.
Tom chapter 52 . 12/13/2017
I just fall in love with this story, it makes me sad that ended, but it was a perfect end and that's all what i could ask for
Chrre Ahsil chapter 52 . 12/12/2017
It's been a hell of a ride getting to the end. I can't even remember how I first came across this story, but it has been a fixture of my life for a good portion of this year. I'll be honest, this has been a terrible year for me, but this story has been one of the few beacons of hope in my life during this year. There were many times that I would eagerly await the next chapter, and that would sometimes help me get through the week. You may not have set out to do anything but tell a story, but for me you have done much more. You have provided a consistent and quality experience week after week. It wasn't always happy, but it was a story that I saw a lot of myself and my struggles in. I was able to more easily see some of my own faults in the past and realize how far I have come. You started out to tell a story, but you have done much more. You have affected my life deeply and directly as well as others lives. Though this story ending is bittersweet, I don't like to see good things end, I know that you will go on to create new works which I very much look forward to. So, in closing, I would just like to say one thing from the very bottom of my heart. Thank you.
animefan1009 chapter 52 . 12/12/2017
I have been following this story since the beginning. With the end if every chapter had me longing for the next. Now that it's over I can say it's one of my favorite Loud House stories. I am sad to see it end but I look forward to your future projects.
celrock chapter 52 . 12/12/2017
Wow! What a great ending! So, is there going to be a sequel where we see Leni in college?

Keep up the great writing!
ivan chapter 52 . 12/12/2017
Wow! I'm amazed this story finished in exactly a year since it was published and it was very well written too! I loved how you developed Leni's character and how you worked in a few canon episodes into the story! You did such an amazing job and I love how you managed to bookend the story with Lori and Leni getting their pictures taken before leaving for school together and I especially love how you ended the story with the exact same word that began the story! I give your story a ten out of ten! Awesome job!
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 52 . 12/11/2017
And here we are, with her finally learning to accept herself. Odd, though, how Lincoln is there by proxy only. I expected him to make some sort of gesture of forgiveness for the scarf incident...