Reviews for Horse Sense and Honor
no part chapter 6 . 10/28/2018
This was just wonderful and so well done. Thank you so much.
MaryRoseEllen chapter 6 . 1/29/2017
Just caught up with the last two chapters of this great story. I love how you brought in the episodes with Pruit Dover and Pickaxe, the former showed how tortured Matt was and how Kitty was the only one who could really ease his pain. And I loved Buck's take on Pickaxe, he really got the horse's eye view of the the aftermath of Kitty's goldmine adventure! Well done, keep writing!
RBGirl chapter 6 . 1/24/2017
This has been an exceptional ride. It was unique, sad, funny, romantic...and perfectly written. Congratulations. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
LadyofDodge chapter 6 . 1/24/2017
I have never cared for the Pickaxe episode, but the way Buck tells it makes it so much more palatable. And your paraphrasing of the "Long Branch, fight" line from QDID is spot on perfect here!
RBGirl chapter 5 . 1/24/2017
I just got to catch up the last 3 chapters. What you are creating is utterly fantastic. I didn't care for the episode with Mando. But looking at it through Buck's eyes, it was really anything but boring. I especially like the fact that Kitty spoils him, that is so sweet. And the line where she patches up his heart and soul - so true.

Looking forward to more...
rosebudlady chapter 6 . 1/24/2017
Enjoyed Buck's tale of two of my favorite characters.
lostcowgirl chapter 6 . 1/24/2017
Too bad Buck doesn't wear ruby encrusted horseshoes. I'm sure he'd find a way to click them together 3 times while thinking to himself "There's no place like home". Great horse & human tale! Also, thanks for including what might have happened on the road back from Pickaxe. I could picture it happening just that way in my mind's eye.
ladybrit chapter 6 . 1/24/2017
I loved the sweet ending to this great story of Matt's adventures recounted through Buck's eyes. This Chapter had a little humor which balanced out nicely with the tension and excitement that had gone before. Thanks so much for writing and posting.
photobuff57 chapter 6 . 1/24/2017
I loved this story, especially the unique view of Matt's horse of our favorite couple. Keep writing, I can't wait to read more of your stories with my favorite Gunsmoke characters, Matt and Kitty. Bravo!
lilyjack00 chapter 6 . 1/23/2017
What a light-hearted, humorous chapter to end this Homeric horse tale. Goldmine is one of my favorite episodes and I thoroughly enjoyed Kitty’s golden opportunity to lower the boom on her neglectful lover, after having once again chosen his job over her needs. Not cool, Matt Dillon. Thankfully, GunShy also treats us to a flirty little *almost* makeup scene that included pouting & sleep drooling (from Kitty), and attempted atonement from a very humble and adorable U.S. Marshal. We all know the actual “thanks” came a little later in the episode. ;-) And the homecoming at the end of the long Hidalgo journey was classic Matt and Kitty at their finest – loving, humorous, intimate, sexy. What more’s a fanfic reader to ask for? Maybe Buck reporting in on Matt’s bath? Oh wait…that was in there, too!
RBHDPSMMK4EVER chapter 6 . 1/23/2017
A wonderful and amazing story, it is so descriptive. You did what I wish I did well. I love writing dialogue but truly admire those who can do the descriptive passages so well. I was sorry to see it end. Pickaxe is one of my favorite Kitty/Matt stories you really get to see a different side to Matt.
Emmint chapter 6 . 1/23/2017
Buck's right there really is no place like home. I'm lucky although I now have my own rented apartment I consider my true home to be my parent's modest 3 bed house.
RBHDPSMMK4EVER chapter 5 . 1/23/2017
What a great role model Matt Dillon presented then and now. A man of honor and oh do we need them in the world today. What a wonderful job you have done of expressing the thoughts, emotions, and anguish of both horse and man. Kitty is the perfect part of this story I especially like what you said about her restoring his soul. An amazing love story of animal and humans.
Ann Murry chapter 6 . 1/23/2017
Awwwwww, to sweet ;)
broncomap chapter 6 . 1/23/2017
Beautifully done from start to finish. As I said before, I will never look at Buck the same way again when I watch the show His insight's, humor and perspective are fun and insightful. There should have been an episode with Buck walking through the graveyard, giving us his thoughts!