Reviews for Fiddlehead
WildBoots chapter 1 . 2/13/2020
[When she asks me for my name, I show her who I am,]
Lovely.

Should it be Gorlin’s disease, minus the G?

[My brain and my body are locked into opposition. As the one expands, the other must weaken under its weight.]
This is an interesting interpretation. Sure checks out stats-wise.

[We win battles together, though these are less important than the battles we win when we are alone, when steep mountain passes taunt us, and small obstacles are suddenly insurmountable.]
So much in this!

[They say that alakazam die when we no longer have the strength to hold up our heads. Only a moment's lapse in concentration and our necks snap.]
Oh wow — yikes.

This was a lovely read. The bond between them was so sweet. You do a lovely job navigating the narrator’s alienness— how they don’t understand why she’s mad that they slide the fruit into their hands — and their humanity (for lack of a better word).
Raj8 chapter 1 . 1/3/2020
Damn this is pretty good and touching, like the open ended ending with the implied meaning of Alazakam simply giving up after his trainer and partner died.
jbjthbh chapter 1 . 12/3/2019
:( Ouch. I want to write like you one day.
MniMantannis-75 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
My eyes may have opened, but I am still young. I do not know how to shape my comfort into words, so I can only watch, my spoon held helplessly aloft, wondering whether the tears would erode away her face like a rock and smooth into nothingness the smiles that I had grown to love.

Wow!
Saberas-67 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
I see it. I see my mind, which is an endless and untraveled vista, and her mind, singing to mine.

Wow!
Misanisonnis.92 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
I learn what pain looks like soon afterward. She has packed too many books, and when she stands with her bag on her back, I see smaller and sharper creases, a downward look, and the twitch of her lips. Her mind flinches, and I receive the sensation of weight and burning.

Come on...
ShumrumphX74 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
The first one I learn is joy: this is when her dark irises widen, her mouth expands, and her face fills with lines like the creases in her clothing.

What is that?
Tayloji-50 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
That is also the day I understand crying as more than jagged noises and wetness on her face. Crying resembles a convulsion more than anything else. She screws up her face as if wishing for the water to consume her.

Impossible.
Lrah.13 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
She is no longer able to leave her bed, but her mind is uncontainable. She reads everything they bring her, the knowledge sucked up into a cyclone, hurled at the intractable confines of her psi-null mind.

Impossible.
ThmaberX94 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
I remember how it feels to be weak. I remember exactly everything that has happened to me.

Are u serious?!
Liruto.55 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Once, I catch her holding up the spoon they gave her to eat her porridge, her brow twisted in concentration. I do not enter the room, then, but instead wander the long hallways of the hospital, knowing I could upend the building with the power of my mind, and also knowing that there is nothing more I can do for her.

Come on...
Onni25 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
I lift the pack from her back, easing her arms from the straps with the newly enlargened reach of my mind. When she looks at me, I nearly stumble at the deluge of her emotions. I can identify them now: gratitude, grief, and shame.

Strange O.o
TriutantannisX46 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"Go away," she says, not looking at me. The sky has turned deep plum red, the color of her hatred. I try to understand the feeling, which is hot and sticky and slightly sour. "It's not fair," she says. "I get weaker and you just get stronger." She finally looks at me, her body wispy and cloudlike. "It's not fair."

I'm too curious
Lseirsei.64 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
I have always been weak, I tell her.

What a beautiful piece of literatur.
Sassukr-6 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018