Reviews for A Dramatic Reading
James018 chapter 17 . 23h
Finally got around to reading this. Very interesting to get a really good author's take on one of the most ridiculous premises known to fanfiction, and you pulled it together really well. At times I think you went a bit heavy on highlighting Dumbledore's mistakes, to the point where parts of the story read like the anti-Dumbledore rants I've seen far, far too many of. But by and large it was a great read. Thanks for sharing.
Professer Kitten chapter 3 . 10/13
Omg flitwick is so funny!
jon reeve chapter 5 . 9/27
/Okay, that last part's funny. Arguably a canon skill as well.
lilyblaney chapter 17 . 9/25
This is most definitely the best read the book fanfic I've ever read: honestly, the only one I've truly liked. It wasn't repetitive in humor or anything, and ended very satisfyingly. In fact, I really like what you did with Dumbledore. You showed his mistakes, but you didn't paint him as a horrible person which I can't stand really. There's something about him I just have to like.

I don't know: congrats and well done
KnowInsight chapter 18 . 9/25
Great story. Well done version of this. :D
doubledamn chapter 12 . 9/21
Not that important in the grand scheme but - How did Harry know where the kitchens were? He had to get directions from Fred and George later on to find them behind that bowl of fruit painting.
doubledamn chapter 3 . 9/21
So Hagrid's going to get into trouble for illegal use of magic on a muggle, and I'm surprised that no one seemed impressed or shocked at accidental, non-splinched, apparition at age 4 or 5?
Ada1229 chapter 5 . 9/16
*sighs* Stupid Magicals, Voldie has Harry's blood in him...he used Harry's blood to come back. Providing he knows where to find the Dursleys he can easily overcome the blood wards. There is litterally nothing but anonymity stopping him from walking up to number 4 and slaughtering Harry
Puidwen chapter 17 . 9/11
Neat. One of the better "hogwarts read the books" fics.
InfernoItaliano chapter 13 . 9/8
There's been some prime placement for sarcastic remarks towards snape. Tere's been none and it's bothering me. fun story though
BillBrink chapter 18 . 9/5
At the beginning I was dismayed to see that what was written was a repeat of canon excerpts with comments or dialogue in between, and I found myself skipping over the paragraphs quickly. I did read your defense, however, and looked for the plot that would make this different. As I am familiar with your other work I thought that this would get better, and I wasn't disappointed. This turned into an enjoyable and enlightening story. You are talented and I appreciate you sharing your hard work with us, once again, thanks.
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 17 . 9/3
This story was highly entertaining. When I first started reading HP fanfics I checked out several of those stories where they find the books, but found them essentially uneadable for the exact reasons you listed. This achieved the same end goal while creating a highly enjoyable and pleasant read. Thank you very much for sharing.

I'll have to go see if the sequel by someone else is just as good.
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 5 . 9/2
Rofl! That ending!
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 17 . 8/22
"Croaker, why didn't you do anything?" Fudge shouted at the new Divination teacher.
"I foresaw that it wouldn't help, Minister," the Unspeakable said with a grin."

teehee

"Hermione paled and slumped down in her seat, covering her face. "Oh, God, I've become a conspiracy theorist," she said."

Remember, you're not crazy if they really are out to get you.

"I am pleased to announce that our new Deputy Headmaster will be…Professor Snape."

Wow...I did not see this coming. You've done really well at having the books mix up the plot here.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 12 . 8/22
"Very well," Umbridge huffed, and she took out her own copy of the book and found her place to read aloud: "What makes you think she is a witch? Well, she turned me into a newt. A newt? I got better. Burn her anyway—Wait, what? What is this nonsense?"

Oh my gosh...all of my yes.

"After some thought, Hermione decided that issue wasn't all that important"

Wait...but if the Mirror can give you knowledge from nothing...the implications! Munchkin that thing!